GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Mon May 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:06 pm
JDube wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:32 pm

And without going political; military, LEO and border security are easy, acceptable cuts for those who vote for the current governement.
I'm happy to get political.

Imagine cutting LEO/Border Security budget while simultaneously spending billions on a legal gun buyback :pistols: :sniper:
I am happy there's a few legal actions already in the works, even saw today : "Saskatchewan Justice Minister Don Morgan says he’s prepared to challenge the feds gun ban in court."

The "less than 40% of the votes" PM may face some reversal of this dictatorship style order.

WSM109
Rookie Member

Postby WSM109 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi all,
I’d like to thank everyone on line who contributed to my questions by answering them over the last several months. I was looking forward to possibly going to Rigaud in July but covid put a halt on that, as we all know to well. I’m likely going to accept a federal government job offer in Halifax with the department of national defence that was closely related to what I did in the Navy. I wish you all the very best in your training and your rewarding careers.
S.M.
Halifax applicant
Applied: Jan 2019 ☑️
OTEE: Feb 2019☑️
Interview: May 2019☑️
CFSC/CRFSC: Jun 2019☑️
Psyc: Aug 2019☑️
Medical: Feb 2020 ☑️
Sec Paper: Dec 2019☑️
Sec Clearance: Feb 2020 ☑️
Pare: Jan 2020 ☑️
OITP: TBD

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Mon May 25, 2020 10:02 pm

WSM109 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi all,
I’d like to thank everyone on line who contributed to my questions by answering them over the last several months. I was looking forward to possibly going to Rigaud in July but covid put a halt on that, as we all know to well. I’m likely going to accept a federal government job offer in Halifax with the department of national defence that was closely related to what I did in the Navy. I wish you all the very best in your training and your rewarding careers.
Congrats and good luck at the new place !

Another loss for the CBSA ...

In their website they state clearly that the selection process lasts up to a year. If they have kept that, you would have been at Rigaud in January.

The remaining candidates with usually no other better options are stuck waiting for CBSA to process their files ...

In a way CBSA takes many of the "left over candidates" at some degree as no sane person will wait for CBSA for 2-3 years if they have better options.

I wonder what they say on all these Job Fairs they hold - that takes 2-3 years to get to Rigaud or they lie in the face of the candidates telling them it's up to 1 year (as on the website) ...

A North

Postby A North » Mon May 25, 2020 10:33 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:02 pm
WSM109 wrote:
Hi all,

In their website they state clearly that the selection process lasts up to a year. If they have kept that, you would have been at Rigaud in January.

The remaining candidates with usually no other better options are stuck waiting for CBSA to process their files ...

In a way CBSA takes many of the "left over candidates" at some degree as no sane person will wait for CBSA for 2-3 years if they have better options.

I wonder what they say on all these Job Fairs they hold - that takes 2-3 years to get to Rigaud or they lie in the face of the candidates telling them it's up to 1 year (as on the website) ...
In my case, liessss. Though my primary choice was MP Officer in recent months and they supposedly weren't going to be hiring until 2021 earliest and that was before the pandemic and impending public job freezes hit...I'm thinking a third degree for a different field might be necessary for me sadly.
CBSA
CFSC/CRFSC: 04/16; Sent 01/20
GCT2/WCPT: Exempt (Police Foundations 06/17)
Applied: 12/18
Contacted: 02/19
OTEE: 03/19
G Licence: 02/20

Interview: Postponed (CoVid-19)
PARE: TBD
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
Security: TBD
Online: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Tue May 26, 2020 11:31 am

IronWolf wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:02 pm
WSM109 wrote:
Hi all,

Realistic no, but they need to streamline their internal hiring process. Heck I know some people deferral which is done with other agencies and still haven't got a answer
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm

WSM109 wrote:
Hi all,
I’m so happy for you!!! Wish you great 👍 success in the future! !
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

new2this
Rookie Member

Postby new2this » Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm

Thought I had finally found a place within a 3-4 hour drive for the PARE, and noticed both July and August testing dates have now been cancelled. Original deadline was May 29 - hopeful that things will resume in the fall.

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:49 am

new2this wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm
Thought I had finally found a place within a 3-4 hour drive for the PARE, and noticed both July and August testing dates have now been cancelled. Original deadline was May 29 - hopeful that things will resume in the fall.
Mind if I ask which region you are applying from? I’m GTA

I wish I don’t needa re-do PARE :cry: thou I still go running almost every night!!!!!

new2this
Rookie Member

Postby new2this » Fri May 29, 2020 7:29 am

I'm in Windsor. The Windsor tests that were scheduled for the summer were cancelled a while ago so I was going to do one at Sheridan in Brampton but their summer ones have also now been cancelled. I've been able to continue working out during the pandemic with my Peloton bike. I have everything completed except the PARE and the medical.

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am

new2this wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:29 am
I'm in Windsor. The Windsor tests that were scheduled for the summer were cancelled a while ago so I was going to do one at Sheridan in Brampton but their summer ones have also now been cancelled. I've been able to continue working out during the pandemic with my Peloton bike. I have everything completed except the PARE and the medical.
so good........ I did mine at Brampton! It is a good center

Good luck!!!

Smiley311
Rookie Member

Postby Smiley311 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 am

Good day all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any news re the 2019 intake process since the Pandemic hit?

As many, I currently find myself awaiting further instructions re the next Calgary region SLE and would greatly appreciate any information regarding this please.

Stay safe & remain vigilant!
EOI - FEB 8 2019
OTEE - MAR 11 2019
OTEE results - MAR 29 2019
Interview - JUN 13 2019
Interview results - JUL 8 2019
PARE - JUL 17 2019
SLE correspondence - SEP 13 2019
CFSC/CRFSC/PAL - NOV 19 2019
MMPI correspondence - JUN 13 2020

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Fri May 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Smiley311 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 am
Good day all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any news re the 2019 intake process since the Pandemic hit?

As many, I currently find myself awaiting further instructions re the next Calgary region SLE and would greatly appreciate any information regarding this please.

Stay safe & remain vigilant!
All I heard was the same as last time a generic message to monitor my email. You can email them as well to find out further updates. As far as I understand rigaud training centre is closed but this may change with movement restrictions being lifted slowly across the country
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 am

Just did my CAT III assessment on the 19th this month but still haven't gotten any news. I was suppose to do it at a Health Canada office in Toronto but because they're closed for the month, I had to do it at a clinic in Hamilton (as per instructions from CBSA). Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them now? And who exactly do I contact if that's the case? :ponder:

CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20

Alexn19
Rookie Member

Postby Alexn19 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am

Jumb34t wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 am
Just did my CAT III assessment on the 19th this month but still haven't gotten any news. I was suppose to do it at a Health Canada office in Toronto but because they're closed for the month, I had to do it at a clinic in Hamilton (as per instructions from CBSA). Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them now? And who exactly do I contact if that's the case? :ponder:

Hello, I would consider waiting a tad more as everything seems to be pretty slow nowadays. You can always reach out to recruitment and ask for an update regarding the cat III. When did you get an invite for your medical? Thanks
QC applicant
Applied: 01/19
Interview: 06/19✔
Psych Test: 07/19✔
Psych Int: 08/19✔
Sec docs: sent 09/19✔
PARE: 10/19✔
Sec Interview: 11/19✔
Sec granted: 12/19✔
Medical: TBD

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Alexn19 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 am

Hello, I would consider waiting a tad more as everything seems to be pretty slow nowadays. You can always reach out to recruitment and ask for an update regarding the cat III. When did you get an invite for your medical? Thanks
Hmm.. that's what I thought. I'll give it another week or two then. I got the medical invite early February this year. I wanted to book it earlier but the next available appointment at the time was May :? Oh well :D
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20