Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Batman10
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Batman10 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 am

Slovak4188 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 am
nothof60 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:04 pm
I'm going to throw fuel on the fire here; With all do respect, Slovac, what is your opinion on female officers, people that haven't taken jujitsu or ground fighting techniques, males who can not bench press 315 for 10 and do 20+ body weight pull ups?

EVERYBODY has a unique skill set that they bring this profession. Everyone should be asking themselves: What is mine and what makes me stand apart?
I work with many fine female officers. What does this have to do with anything :ponder: ?

To those who have never been in a fight in their life and have no training, I've had partners freeze in the middle of a tense situation. People with sparring/rolling/fight experience have such a huge advantage over those whom do not, especially for optics when dealing with a physical situation and just general effectiveness. The bench pressing 315 and pull ups comment I'm not even going to dignify with a response.

No. Not everyone has something to offer this profession. That's why most people never get in. To those who do get in, there are occasions where recruiting has made an error; that person has nothing to offer, cannot meet the minimum standard and/or becomes a liability on their shift. Trust me. It happens. No one in this job is infallible. Recruiting has a very difficult job trying to feel out candidates in only a handful of hours and are under immense political pressure regarding whom they hire., particularly the Inspector of Recruiting, whom is my old boss and one of the hardest working/fairest/most intelligent people I've ever met in my life.

You guys are giving such naive answers that sound like they're out of a textbook. If you honestly think you are the authority on this topic, particularly with Peel AS AN APPLICANT, kudos to you. Seeing as none of you here work for us (with the exception of Raptorsfan, who seems to agree with what I'm saying because he has seen it himself and has real life experience) I would heavily recommend you revisit your posts if you are lucky enough to get hired somewhere. You will kick yourself with the naivety of some of the statements you've made.
Some cold hard old school facts in here for sure. I've also seen partners confused and freeze up in many tense situations.. Fitness especially running goes a long way. I ain't giving up and I'm gonna push to level 11 till I drop.

Slovak4188
Rookie Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 pm

SElizabeth84 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm
Slovak4188 wrote:
nothof60 wrote:
I'm going to throw fuel on the fire here; With all do respect, Slovac, what is your opinion on female officers, people that haven't taken jujitsu or ground fighting techniques, males who can not bench press 315 for 10 and do 20+ body weight pull ups?

EVERYBODY has a unique skill set that they bring this profession. Everyone should be asking themselves: What is mine and what makes me stand apart?
I work with many fine female officers. What does this have to do with anything :ponder: ?

To those who have never been in a fight in their life and have no training, I've had partners freeze in the middle of a tense situation. People with sparring/rolling/fight experience have such a huge advantage over those whom do not, especially for optics when dealing with a physical situation and just general effectiveness. The bench pressing 315 and pull ups comment I'm not even going to dignify with a response.

No. Not everyone has something to offer this profession. That's why most people never get in. To those who do get in, there are occasions where recruiting has made an error; that person has nothing to offer, cannot meet the minimum standard and/or becomes a liability on their shift. Trust me. It happens. No one in this job is infallible. Recruiting has a very difficult job trying to feel out candidates in only a handful of hours and are under immense political pressure regarding whom they hire., particularly the Inspector of Recruiting, whom is my old boss and one of the hardest working/fairest/most intelligent people I've ever met in my life.

You guys are giving such naive answers that sound like they're out of a textbook. If you honestly think you are the authority on this topic, particularly with Peel AS AN APPLICANT, kudos to you. Seeing as none of you here work for us (with the exception of Raptorsfan, who seems to agree with what I'm saying because he has seen it himself and has real life experience) I would heavily recommend you revisit your posts if you are lucky enough to get hired somewhere. You will kick yourself with the naivety of some of the statements you've made.
To bring this conversation back around, you initially were insinuating that people were unqualified and pathetic for their shuttle run scores being at (or even above) the standard requirements. The ability to run past 8, as an example, is not a good representation of overall fitness and suitability. That is why fitness evaluations involve much more than a single variable on a shuttle run. This is not a matter of opinion; there is a whole scientific realm that deals with fitness.

On the matter of authority, why do you believe you have the authority to tell potential Peel applicants whether they are qualified or not? Are you in recruiting currently? I did link this thread to a member of the recruiting unit and the advice back to me was not to put much stock into these threads. Do you think you might be undermining their recruiting efforts with your posts? You very well could be (either intentionally or non intentionally).
You know what, I've realized this isn't even worth my time. I know exactly what kind of applicant you are, I have seen them many times before. I know exactly where you'll end up in this career if you ever get in. Best of luck.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

SHAMROCK
Veteran Member

Postby SHAMROCK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:41 am

Slovak4188 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 pm
SElizabeth84 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:

To bring this conversation back around, you initially were insinuating that people were unqualified and pathetic for their shuttle run scores being at (or even above) the standard requirements. The ability to run past 8, as an example, is not a good representation of overall fitness and suitability. That is why fitness evaluations involve much more than a single variable on a shuttle run. This is not a matter of opinion; there is a whole scientific realm that deals with fitness.

On the matter of authority, why do you believe you have the authority to tell potential Peel applicants whether they are qualified or not? Are you in recruiting currently? I did link this thread to a member of the recruiting unit and the advice back to me was not to put much stock into these threads. Do you think you might be undermining their recruiting efforts with your posts? You very well could be (either intentionally or non intentionally).
You know what, I've realized this isn't even worth my time. I know exactly what kind of applicant you are, I have seen them many times before. I know exactly where you'll end up in this career if you ever get in. Best of luck.
You showed the thread to recruiting? That's cheap.

raptorsfan
Rookie Member

Postby raptorsfan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:47 pm

SElizabeth84 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:
nothof60 wrote:

So the words of a SERVING Peel Police officer who actually holds the job you want and has went through the application process you're going through isn't enough? I would love for recruiting to see you arguing with someone who has actual on-the-job experience. This job is VERY different from what you think it is.
POLICE OFFICER

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:12 pm

To EVERY idiot, entitled, snowflake, comic-book-anti-hero-wannabe, that comes onto THIS, or ANY, Agency-Recruiting-discussion thread: if you are losing your mind because a member of that Agency, or any other Agency, or one of of us forum Moderators or Administrators, busts your open stupidity to ANY AND EVERY Agency Recruiting Section, then GOOD!

NO Law Enforcement Agency, all the way down to The Royal Waste And Recycling Grounds Service of South Pinky SK, has NO need for you.

You do not like this? Then leave the forum. And, NO, we ONLY delete spammers, otherwise your stupidity here is for life.

To any applicant - do NOT "quote", high-five, refer to this post, or otherwise pat me on the back, and I MIGHT just "copy and paste" it elsewhere.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

runningguy
Rookie Member

Postby runningguy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 pm

^
Last edited by runningguy on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joel.Daniel.Clark
Rookie Member

Postby Joel.Daniel.Clark » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Here's my advice as a currently serving officer who started their career with Peel Regional Police. It's important to remember that the hiring process is extremely competitive and you are being judged/graded on all aspects if your application.

With that in mind, continue to work on yourself and be the best applicant YOU can be. Don't worry about what other people are doing or saying. Just know that the difference between a job offer and hearing "try again next year" can be fractions of a point.

Best of luck in your applications.

Slovak4188
Rookie Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Joel.Daniel.Clark wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:36 pm
Here's my advice as a currently serving officer who started their career with Peel Regional Police. It's important to remember that the hiring process is extremely competitive and you are being judged/graded on all aspects if your application.

With that in mind, continue to work on yourself and be the best applicant YOU can be. Don't worry about what other people are doing or saying. Just know that the difference between a job offer and hearing "try again next year" can be fractions of a point.

Why'd you leave us haha
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Joel.Daniel.Clark
Rookie Member

Postby Joel.Daniel.Clark » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Joel.Daniel.Clark wrote:

Why'd you leave us haha
I moved back home to Niagara because housing is significantly more affordable and my overall quality of life is better. I personally had no major issues with PRP and enjoyed my time there. I still maintain some friendships with the people from my OPC class and 12 Division.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Joel.Daniel.Clark wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm
Slovak4188 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Joel.Daniel.Clark wrote:

Why'd you leave us haha
I moved back home to Niagara because housing is significantly more affordable and my overall quality of life is better. I personally had no major issues with PRP and enjoyed my time there. I still maintain some friendships with the people from my OPC class and 12 Division.
All the best to you. Drum on.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Batman10
Rookie Member

Postby Batman10 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Is this covid situation going to be affecting hiring for peel? What about the people already in the process.

Many thanks.

Batman10
Rookie Member

Postby Batman10 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Batman10 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:22 pm
Is this covid situation going to be affecting hiring for peel? What about the people already in the process pre covid

Many thanks.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:37 pm

Batman10 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:22 pm
Is this covid situation going to be affecting hiring for peel? What about the people already in the process.

Many thanks.
We are in a recession. So, its difficult to determine the financial strain on the municipality of peel. Personally, my LFA has been postponed.
RCMP ON APP
RFI April/20

Batman10
Rookie Member

Postby Batman10 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 pm

I was wondering, if somone gets a call over the phone that he/she is in for the next OPC class from the service, but doesn't sign the offer yet, is there still a possibility that you may get deffered or are you in for sure and you sign the offer closer to the preOPC date?
Thank you!!

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Batman10 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 pm
I was wondering, if somone gets a call over the phone that he/she is in for the next OPC class from the service, but doesn't sign the offer yet, is there still a possibility that you may get deffered or are you in for sure and you sign the offer closer to the preOPC date?
Thank you!!
Ideally, signing any employment offer on paper makes it binding and "official". I'm not sure on the legality of it, but they can retract the offer if certain requirements are not met or you are found to be "unsuitable". Not sure what you're worried about.
RCMP ON APP
RFI April/20