Ask the CBSA!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Columbo
Seasoned Member

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Postby Columbo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:54 am

Your signature states that you don’t speak on behalf of the Agency, yet you invoke “we” often in your posts. This - coupled with your bilingual signature that reads “CBSA/ASFC” - implies you do represent the Agency and that it shares your view that is, in my opinion, dubious. Further, you cited “compulsory bad credit,” which means “that which is required by law” (poor word choice; perhaps you meant to say compulsive).

The over-arching, non-specific reason that poor credit history affects applicants is: If you have poor credit, coupled with bad habits, you expose yourself to blackmail and extortion by adversarial state and non-state actors. A case by case analysis will be applied.

Poor credit or financial vulnerability falls under the umbrella of an employee or candidate’s “Loyalty to Canada” that is defined as, “ A determination that an individual has not engaged, is not engaged, nor is likely to engage in activities that constitute a "threat to the security of Canada" as defined in section 2 of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act.”

Federal security standards are open source and can be found here:

https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.a ... assessment
"One more thing..."

vtyou
Rookie Member

Postby vtyou » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Hello all first post here. I did my OTEE back in Feb 2019 and got my results in March 2019. Unfortunately, I have not received an email back from the CBSA in regards to my interview. After lurking the forums, someone during my timeframe got their interview back in Oct 2019. I have not sent any emails asking the CBSA as I was told to be patient with the application process. It's been a year and I haven't heard back.. should I contact the CBSA and ask for a follow-up?

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 pm

vtyou wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:35 pm
Hello all first post here. I did my OTEE back in Feb 2019 and got my results in March 2019. Unfortunately, I have not received an email back from the CBSA in regards to my interview. After lurking the forums, someone during my timeframe got their interview back in Oct 2019. I have not sent any emails asking the CBSA as I was told to be patient with the application process. It's been a year and I haven't heard back.. should I contact the CBSA and ask for a follow-up?
Once a year to ask for status, yeah, I can see that as patience, the ultimate patience :D

Yes, you should contact HR more frequently for status (I say once every 2-3 months), imagine if you have to wait 1 year for each stage of the process ...

vtyou
Rookie Member

Postby vtyou » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 am

IronWolf wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 pm
vtyou wrote:
Once a year to ask for status, yeah, I can see that as patience, the ultimate patience :D

Yes, you should contact HR more frequently for status (I say once every 2-3 months), imagine if you have to wait 1 year for each stage of the process ...
Haha I was just trying to follow instructions to the best of my abilities! I will definitely send an email tomorrow, thanks for your insight!

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:48 am

vtyou wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 am

Haha I was just trying to follow instructions to the best of my abilities! I will definitely send an email tomorrow, thanks for your insight!
You are a good candidate! Wait for your good news!!!
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

vtyou wrote:
Email them but I won't bank on it for at least now.
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Ulcaster555

Postby Ulcaster555 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:07 am

Hi everyone,

Update:

CBSA to resume integrity interviews starting next week.
Interviews will be conducted over the phone.

CBSA will try to be flexible as much as possible for times and dates related to the interviews during this crisis.
CBSA/ASFC

Here to correct false and/or inaccurate information.
Ici pour corriger les informations fausses et/ou inexactes.

I do not speak on behalf of the CBSA.
Je ne parle pas au nom de l'ASFC.

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 pm

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:07 am
Hi everyone,

Update:

CBSA will try to be flexible as much as possible for times and dates related to the interviews during this crisis.
Thanks for your great news!!!!!!
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

DanieltheCylon
Rookie Member

Postby DanieltheCylon » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:07 am
Hi everyone,

Update:

Hi!

Any news by chance on new applications? Thanks!

fabrar
Rookie Member

Postby fabrar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:14 pm

Did the OTTE last year in March 2019 and passed, and they said interview would be in a few months. A year goes by and nothing so I reached out to them. Just got this update today after following up:
Good morning,

Thank you for your email. Upon review of your application, we confirm that you are at the Interview stage of the application. Please note that there are many candidates at this same phase of the process and it could be several weeks/months before you hear from us. The Interview dates depend on several factors (the process you have applied on, the date you applied, the date you completed the OTEE, the Board Member availability, etc.) and it is not possible to establish a clear timeline for the interview dates.

So I guess at this point I pretty much just have to wait it out, right?

felix1113
Rookie Member

Postby felix1113 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Correct yes, ask for update if no email every 4-6 months when in doubt but hey, waiting is part of the game. Relax and enjoy your life !
fabrar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Did the OTTE last year in March 2019 and passed, and they said interview would be in a few months. A year goes by and nothing so I reached out to them. Just got this update today after following up:
Good morning,

Thank you for your email. Upon review of your application, we confirm that you are at the Interview stage of the application. Please note that there are many candidates at this same phase of the process and it could be several weeks/months before you hear from us. The Interview dates depend on several factors (the process you have applied on, the date you applied, the date you completed the OTEE, the Board Member availability, etc.) and it is not possible to establish a clear timeline for the interview dates.

Apply: August 18
OTEE: September 18 - PASS
Interview: December 18 - PASS
PARE: January 19- PASS
Psych : April 19 - PASS
Sec papers: Sent April 19
Med Evaluation: May 19 - PASS
Clearance: July 19 - PASS
OITP: February 2020
Rigaud: Unconfirmed

fabrar
Rookie Member

Postby fabrar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:21 pm

felix1113 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 pm
Correct yes, ask for update if no email every 4-6 months when in doubt but hey, waiting is part of the game. Relax and enjoy your life !
fabrar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Good morning,

Thank you! Does it usually take this long, or is this because of the pandemic situation right now?

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:22 pm

fabrar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:21 pm
... Does it usually take this long ...
I would suggest to start reading the CBSA related forums here, start like at least 100-200 pages back if you don't have time for all of it. Better read it all.

You will get many answers by reading past posts.

Highland2012

Postby Highland2012 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm

I started my application in 2016, and just finally got the call. Some people were one and done, inside of a year and a half. I don't think it hurts to send off a check in e-mail once every couple months. It can take a really.. really long time dude.

Just my opinion though.
88)
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med Clearance- pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
May 20 BG- pass
SC in process
Troop:TBD

PrairieFire31
Rookie Member

Postby PrairieFire31 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Highland2012 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm
I started my application in 2016, and just finally got the call. Some people were one and done, inside of a year and a half. I don't think it hurts to send off a check in e-mail once every couple months. It can take a really.. really long time dude.

Just my opinion though.
88)
What do you mean by you just finally got the call?
Applied: AUG2017
CFSC/CRFSC: AUG2017
PARE:SEPT2018/FEB2020
OTEE: SEPT2018
Interview: NOV2018
Psych: APR2019
Medical: MAY2019/FEB2020
Security: MAY2019
Sec. Interview: AUG2019
OITP - Online Facilitated Training: TBD
OITP - Rigaud: TBD