RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:54 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Can't you power walk the PARE? What is the benchmark for the first attempt?
One person didn't even finish it, the other person failed by a few seconds. Just because you hear from either the RCMP / other people that they have lowered the physical standards does not mean they aren't going to send you home.

Come to Depot with a good attitude, physical shape and time management and you will be golden.

EDIT - 5 minutes 30 seconds is required to pass...
You’ve got to be shitting me that’s the time for the first one.
K division.

User avatar
oscar_mike
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oscar_mike » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm
oscar_mike wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:15 pm
I feel for you guys that were there and sent back and I hope this all clears up soon so you can get back to it!

What numbers are troops graduating with now? Are they losing quite a bit by the end?
There should be a total of 16 troops when everyone gets back. They graduated 4 troops when I left - The last troop to be graduated were doing their final detachment. Soo... Troop 24 should be the most senior troop. Good luck to them once we get back, they're going to be doing ceremonial duties for a long time.
That makes sense! Hopefully it all falls back into place smoothly.

Pho-fo-Sho
Regular Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm
You’ve got to be shitting me that’s the time for the first one.
Apologies, let me add to that so there will not be any miscommunication
PARE 1 - 5:30
PARE 2 - 4:30
PARE 3- 4:00

At the end of the day, everyone needs to aim below 4 minutes. That being said, you are expected to improve on your PARE time even if you beat time considerably - If I did PARE 1 in 3:40, and then I did PARE 2 in 3:45, I'm going to get shit on. E.g. You get tiered down to like a C level.

I'm not sure about getting tiered down due to PARE because I don't want to get prescribed workouts. Plus everyone in my troop improved on their tier levels, so I am unsure how it works, but I am sure it won't end well if you don't show that you are improving.

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:37 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:35 pm
Shawshank wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm
You’ve got to be shitting me that’s the time for the first one.
Apologies, let me add to that so there will not be any miscommunication
PARE 1 - 5:30
PARE 2 - 4:30
PARE 3- 4:00

At the end of the day, everyone needs to aim below 4 minutes. That being said, you are expected to improve on your PARE time even if you beat time considerably - If I did PARE 1 in 3:40, and then I did PARE 2 in 3:45, I'm going to get shit on. E.g. You get tiered down to like a C level.

I'm not sure about getting tiered down due to PARE because I don't want to get prescribed workouts. Plus everyone in my troop improved on their tier levels, so I am unsure how it works, but I am sure it won't end well if you don't show that you are improving.
I stand by what I said. The process takes a year or more. You had time to get ready physically and should have an idea what to expect. Showing up with a 530 time is bloody ridiculous.
K division.

Pho-fo-Sho
Regular Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:37 pm
I stand by what I said. The process takes a year or more. You had time to get ready physically and should have an idea what to expect. Showing up with a 530 time is bloody ridiculous.
One person took almost 10 minutes to finish, that person is not with us anymore.

And I wholeheartedly agree.

User avatar
Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am

RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
Correctional Peace Officer

User avatar
oscar_mike
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oscar_mike » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 am

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am
RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
E-div required under 4mins back in the day to even get an OK to go to depot. And that wasn't that long ago

Pho-fo-Sho
Regular Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 am

It's a waste of time and money for the RCMP if a cadet fails at Week 1 because of the PARE. People need to come to Depot prepared not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. That being said, everyone here is preaching to the choir on the fact that the PARE should have been kept during the application process.

But I am but a cadet, what do I know?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eagles1992
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:51 pm
There's no rush. Being 15 weeks in and my only advice is to enjoy the time you have with you family. It sure takes a toll.

And be fit! I lost 3 people in less than a month on failing physical benchmarks alone, and there was another troop that had 6 people that failed the PARE on the first week!

(Obviously got sent back due to COVID-19).
Can't you power walk the PARE? What is the benchmark for the first attempt?
Lol I believe power walking is a Olympic sport. In all seriousness unless people buy in to the fact that staying in shape is a long term commitment/life style it won't make a difference if people can pass the PARE and then get out of shape once they graduate.

Silvaticus
Rookie Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Silvaticus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am
RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
Yep. My first and second application both still required the PARE. I was woefully under prepared but still managed just under 4 min. It should be a measuring tool, not an obstacle.

I've been sent, as I am sure everyone has, a self-assessment by recruiting and there's the 12 week fitness plan they send you. There's no excuse to put yourself through this process only to screw up something like the PARE once you get to Depot.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

User avatar
N_McKenna
Rookie Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby N_McKenna » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am
Tornelco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am
RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
Yep. My first and second application both still required the PARE. I was woefully under prepared but still managed just under 4 min. It should be a measuring tool, not an obstacle.

I've been sent, as I am sure everyone has, a self-assessment by recruiting and there's the 12 week fitness plan they send you. There's no excuse to put yourself through this process only to screw up something like the PARE once you get to Depot.
I never received a 12 week fitness plan

oxlemar
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 am
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oxlemar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm

N_McKenna wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:42 pm
I never received a 12 week fitness plan
Neither did I, but I am assuming it is this https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/12-week-fitness-program

Eagles1992
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm
N_McKenna wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:42 pm
I never received a 12 week fitness plan
Neither did I, but I am assuming it is this https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/12-week-fitness-program

It would have been sent my your FC via epost. Scroll all the way down to the email and it's there.

VanSmack
Rookie Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am
Location: Your mom's house.
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby VanSmack » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am
RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
The only reason any applicants had to do it more than once prior to going to Depot is that there was an expiry date on the results and typically the application would take longer than the results were valid. Officially there was just a requirement that you have a passing PARE time to proceed beyond a certain point in the process, and that you have a valid pare time prior to attending training.
Don't call it a comeback...

VanSmack
Rookie Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am
Location: Your mom's house.
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby VanSmack » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:18 pm

oscar_mike wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 am
Tornelco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am
RCMP needs to make the PARE a requirement to complete in the application process...

The archives of this forum show that applicants used to have to do the PARE not once, but TWICE in the application process :banghead:
E-div required under 4mins back in the day to even get an OK to go to depot. And that wasn't that long ago
It wasn’t EDiv, they aren’t in charge of setting applicant standards or changing the application process at their own discretion. Everything is directed by national recruiting to ensure consistent application nationwide.
Don't call it a comeback...


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Google [Bot] and 10 guests