GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dankmb
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby dankmb » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi Everyone!

I recently got an email stating i needed to redo my PARE and once that was completed, i would have to redo my medical to be accepted into the Spring intake. Unfortunately, i was not able to get the PARE done by the date they had requested (i had less than 3 weeks) due to insane weather i got, and where i had booked my PARE was nearly 3 hours away it wasn’t possible. (If anyone has driven on the 401 on a bad snow day.. i think i need say no more..) Since I am now past the date the PARE was due. Does this “bump” me into the next round? Not entirely sure if anyone will actually know, just a bummer to have missed it...

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am

Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep 18
OTEE: Oct 18 77.5%
Interview: Apr 19
PARE: Aug 19
Psych Eval: Oct 19
Psych Interview: Nov 19
Sec Doc sent: Jan 20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar 20
Med Eval: May 20
Sec Interview: TBD

hsinom
Regular Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby hsinom » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 am

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Still waiting for a appointment date on my medical renewal.
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Zepedder
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 am

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
The doctor will go over with you the questionnaire you filled out, review your medical history, test your flexibility and reflexes, blood pressure, height and weight, etc. Other than the vision and hearing tests, it's basically a full physical exam.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Zepedder
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am

dankmb wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 pm
Hi Everyone!

I recently got an email stating i needed to redo my PARE and once that was completed, i would have to redo my medical to be accepted into the Spring intake. Unfortunately, i was not able to get the PARE done by the date they had requested (i had less than 3 weeks) due to insane weather i got, and where i had booked my PARE was nearly 3 hours away it wasn’t possible. (If anyone has driven on the 401 on a bad snow day.. i think i need say no more..) Since I am now past the date the PARE was due. Does this “bump” me into the next round? Not entirely sure if anyone will actually know, just a bummer to have missed it...
I would guess that you did probably get bumped. If it's any consolation, I've received that email numerous times. Each time I completed the PARE or other exam well within the deadline and I was still bumped from the next intake.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

User avatar
CaptainMarvel
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CaptainMarvel » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am

Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am
dankmb wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 pm
Hi Everyone!

I recently got an email stating i needed to redo my PARE and once that was completed, i would have to redo my medical to be accepted into the Spring intake. Unfortunately, i was not able to get the PARE done by the date they had requested (i had less than 3 weeks) due to insane weather i got, and where i had booked my PARE was nearly 3 hours away it wasn’t possible. (If anyone has driven on the 401 on a bad snow day.. i think i need say no more..) Since I am now past the date the PARE was due. Does this “bump” me into the next round? Not entirely sure if anyone will actually know, just a bummer to have missed it...
I would guess that you did probably get bumped. If it's any consolation, I've received that email numerous times. Each time I completed the PARE or other exam well within the deadline and I was still bumped from the next intake.
When they advise to complete something by a certain date for inclusion on the next step, it's likely that they mean "in order to even be CONSIDERED for acceptance to the next step, please complete "x" by this date, however, inclusion in the next batch is not guaranteed".

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well though LOL! But if it is any consolation, if you can't quite fit in what they ask by the deadline, it's not the end... just do what you can when you can.
CBSA
Applied: Jan 2019
OTEE: Feb 2019 - results: Mar 2019
Interview: Oct 2019
CFSC/CRFSC: Nov 2019

Zepedder
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:03 pm

CaptainMarvel wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am
Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am
dankmb wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 pm
Hi Everyone!

I recently got an email stating i needed to redo my PARE and once that was completed, i would have to redo my medical to be accepted into the Spring intake. Unfortunately, i was not able to get the PARE done by the date they had requested (i had less than 3 weeks) due to insane weather i got, and where i had booked my PARE was nearly 3 hours away it wasn’t possible. (If anyone has driven on the 401 on a bad snow day.. i think i need say no more..) Since I am now past the date the PARE was due. Does this “bump” me into the next round? Not entirely sure if anyone will actually know, just a bummer to have missed it...
I would guess that you did probably get bumped. If it's any consolation, I've received that email numerous times. Each time I completed the PARE or other exam well within the deadline and I was still bumped from the next intake.
When they advise to complete something by a certain date for inclusion on the next step, it's likely that they mean "in order to even be CONSIDERED for acceptance to the next step, please complete "x" by this date, however, inclusion in the next batch is not guaranteed".

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well though LOL! But if it is any consolation, if you can't quite fit in what they ask by the deadline, it's not the end... just do what you can when you can.
I've definitely learned by now that's exactly what they mean haha. But you're absolutely right, just do what they ask and be patient.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

dankmb
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby dankmb » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:03 pm
CaptainMarvel wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am
Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am


I would guess that you did probably get bumped. If it's any consolation, I've received that email numerous times. Each time I completed the PARE or other exam well within the deadline and I was still bumped from the next intake.
When they advise to complete something by a certain date for inclusion on the next step, it's likely that they mean "in order to even be CONSIDERED for acceptance to the next step, please complete "x" by this date, however, inclusion in the next batch is not guaranteed".

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well though LOL! But if it is any consolation, if you can't quite fit in what they ask by the deadline, it's not the end... just do what you can when you can.
I've definitely learned by now that's exactly what they mean haha. But you're absolutely right, just do what they ask and be patient.

Thanks guys, definitely reassuring lol. They said they needed the pare done so i could redo my medical to do the online portion for the Spring intake. I could be mistaken could just be a general email but definitely feel better lol. It almost wasn’t possible for me to get the PARE done in such a short period, just due to logistics and the crap weather lately. But thanks again !!

Iv.sanchez
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Iv.sanchez » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Hey guys I recently got up to the psychological interview portion of the CBSA steps but deemed unsuccessful.

Now I have to wait till 2021 to try again.

Is there a way to redo this sooner than later? Also would I have to redo my PARE when I continue my application in 2021?

Thanks

cbmcmsa
Regular Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby cbmcmsa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Iv.sanchez wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm
Hey guys I recently got up to the psychological interview portion of the CBSA steps but deemed unsuccessful.

Now I have to wait till 2021 to try again.

Is there a way to redo this sooner than later? Also would I have to redo my PARE when I continue my application in 2021?

Thanks
Email recruitment also read the forum, your questions have been answered several times.
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 (2020-05-04-2020-11-02)

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
The doctor will go over with you the questionnaire you filled out, review your medical history, test your flexibility and reflexes, blood pressure, height and weight, etc. Other than the vision and hearing tests, it's basically a full physical exam.
Alright, that's good to know! And I'm guessing the paperwork will be sent to me by CBSA once they receive my appointment date/time?

Thanks Zepedder!
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep 18
OTEE: Oct 18 77.5%
Interview: Apr 19
PARE: Aug 19
Psych Eval: Oct 19
Psych Interview: Nov 19
Sec Doc sent: Jan 20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar 20
Med Eval: May 20
Sec Interview: TBD

souper
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby souper » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Did you get an email from Recruiting that scheduled you for the medical or did you reach out to Health Canada directly for an appointment?

My security docs have been submitted 6 months now and I haven't heard anything since.

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:42 pm

souper wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Did you get an email from Recruiting that scheduled you for the medical or did you reach out to Health Canada directly for an appointment?

My security docs have been submitted 6 months now and I haven't heard anything since.
I sent my security docs last month and then a different CBSA email sent me a msg last week saying I need to book my CATIII. The email didn't say I can book it anywhere but instead, I had to book it at a specific office that they mentioned.

Weird how you haven't been told to book yours yet even thought it's been half a year :?
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep 18
OTEE: Oct 18 77.5%
Interview: Apr 19
PARE: Aug 19
Psych Eval: Oct 19
Psych Interview: Nov 19
Sec Doc sent: Jan 20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar 20
Med Eval: May 20
Sec Interview: TBD

souper
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby souper » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:42 pm
souper wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Did you get an email from Recruiting that scheduled you for the medical or did you reach out to Health Canada directly for an appointment?

My security docs have been submitted 6 months now and I haven't heard anything since.
I sent my security docs last month and then a different CBSA email sent me a msg last week saying I need to book my CATIII. The email didn't say I can book it anywhere but instead, I had to book it at a specific office that they mentioned.

Weird how you haven't been told to book yours yet even thought it's been half a year :?
Thanks for the quick reply - my thoughts as well.

Zepedder
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 pm
Zepedder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
The doctor will go over with you the questionnaire you filled out, review your medical history, test your flexibility and reflexes, blood pressure, height and weight, etc. Other than the vision and hearing tests, it's basically a full physical exam.
Alright, that's good to know! And I'm guessing the paperwork will be sent to me by CBSA once they receive my appointment date/time?

Thanks Zepedder!
The attachments with the paperwork were in each initial email I received to book my medical. I would imagine however once they receive your appointment details they'll send you the appropriate forms.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 2 guests