Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Milzrellin
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Milzrellin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:17 pm

:)
Last edited by Milzrellin on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshiftvampire
Rookie Member

Postby nightshiftvampire » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:40 am

just did mine recently,
I cannot give you any information about the interview, just answer to the best of your ability and stay calm. BE TRUTHFUL and most of all be yourself. they are not expecting you to know how things work so answer to the best of your ability is all i can say. First impressions are everything! if you are a male dont come in anything less than a suit, have all the copies of forms and ID that were requested by email as well as a up to date copy of your CV. Be clean shaven and well presented and definitely bring water or something to drink, you will not be leaving the room for around 2 hours. I wish you best of luck!

TBONE-182
Rookie Member

Postby TBONE-182 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm

nightshiftvampire wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:40 am
just did mine recently,
I cannot give you any information about the interview, just answer to the best of your ability and stay calm. BE TRUTHFUL and most of all be yourself. they are not expecting you to know how things work so answer to the best of your ability is all i can say. First impressions are everything! if you are a male dont come in anything less than a suit, have all the copies of forms and ID that were requested by email as well as a up to date copy of your CV. Be clean shaven and well presented and definitely bring water or something to drink, you will not be leaving the room for around 2 hours. I wish you best of luck!
Hey, when and where did you write your situational test?? Sept 27th ? Vancouver?

nightshiftvampire
Rookie Member

Postby nightshiftvampire » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm

TBONE-182 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm
nightshiftvampire wrote:
just did mine recently,
Hey, when and where did you write your situational test?? Sept 27th ? Vancouver?
I wrote mine in Ottawa in July,had the results the next day and did my interview a few weeks ago in Kingston. they contacted my references the same day as the interview. Hopefully yours goes as quickly!!

greenpea19
Rookie Member

Postby greenpea19 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:35 pm

nightshiftvampire wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm
TBONE-182 wrote:
nightshiftvampire wrote:
just did mine recently,
I wrote mine in Ottawa in July,had the results the next day and did my interview a few weeks ago in Kingston. they contacted my references the same day as the interview. Hopefully yours goes as quickly!!
Did you hear anything after they contacted your references, like if you passed? Just curious because my references also got contacted last week

nightshiftvampire
Rookie Member

Postby nightshiftvampire » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm

greenpea19 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:35 pm
nightshiftvampire wrote:
TBONE-182 wrote:

Did you hear anything after they contacted your references, like if you passed? Just curious because my references also got contacted last week
From what ive been told, if they contacted your references you passed the interview. havnt heard anything since but it is the federal government. As they say hurry up and wait! haha

Tommyefc
Rookie Member

Postby Tommyefc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 pm

nightshiftvampire wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm
greenpea19 wrote:
nightshiftvampire wrote:

Same for me, interview 2 and a half weeks ago, contacted my references the same day. Trying to not check my email every 10 minutes!
From what ive been told, if they contacted your references you passed the interview. havnt heard anything since but it is the federal government. As they say hurry up and wait! haha

Tommyefc
Rookie Member

Postby Tommyefc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm

nightshiftvampire wrote:
greenpea19 wrote:
nightshiftvampire wrote:

Same for me, interview 2 and a half weeks ago, contacted my references the same day. Trying to not check my email every 10 minutes!

nightshiftvampire
Rookie Member

Postby nightshiftvampire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 am

Tommyefc wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm
nightshiftvampire wrote:
greenpea19 wrote:

haha im refreshing my email constantly too! its the wait thats the worse lol from what ive been told,after the refrence stage were sitting in a pool and say they need 20 people out of the pool theyll pick the top candiates down and if say one of those 20 doesnt accept then they go down the list. who knows maybe well end up in the same training group! was told either kingston or PEI for stage 3. interviewer also said its now 8 weeks online training and 6 for stage 3. they should update their site IMO

noanykey
Rookie Member

Postby noanykey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 am

Woah Woah,

6 weeks for CTP3?
Are you sure not CTP2?

I did CTP1 in 4 weeks, 2 in another 3-4 weeks, and then CTP 3 is done in Kingston/PEI for 3 months.
We barely touched C8 by the fourth week.

I'm curious to know if they removed the three strike rule??
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

TBONE-182
Rookie Member

Postby TBONE-182 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 pm

noanykey wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 am
Woah Woah,

6 weeks for CTP3?
Are you sure not CTP2?

I did CTP1 in 4 weeks, 2 in another 3-4 weeks, and then CTP 3 is done in Kingston/PEI for 3 months.
We barely touched C8 by the fourth week.

I'm curious to know if they removed the three strike rule??

Wow your guys process went super fast!! I wrote my exam on Sept 27th and I haven't even received my results yet! I know a couple people who wrote the test the same day and NO one has heard back yet from my testing group! I want to email them and ask but I'm worried I will make them mad...

noanykey
Rookie Member

Postby noanykey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Like I've told everyone. It's your life and career.

As long as you word the email professionally, I don't see any issue. Pacific Recruiters were really good about getting back to me quickly.
SAR Member

Tommyefc
Rookie Member

Postby Tommyefc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm

nightshiftvampire wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 am
Tommyefc wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm
nightshiftvampire wrote:

haha im refreshing my email constantly too! its the wait thats the worse lol from what ive been told,after the refrence stage were sitting in a pool and say they need 20 people out of the pool theyll pick the top candiates down and if say one of those 20 doesnt accept then they go down the list. who knows maybe well end up in the same training group! was told either kingston or PEI for stage 3. interviewer also said its now 8 weeks online training and 6 for stage 3. they should update their site IMO
Strange, interviewer told me 14 weeks for stage 3

Jessicaquesnel19
Rookie Member

Postby Jessicaquesnel19 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Got my interview date for October 31 in Kingston, I know information about the interview can't be discussed but does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement. I'm very stressed about this thanks!

noanykey
Rookie Member

Postby noanykey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:56 am

Jessicaquesnel19 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:36 pm
Got my interview date for October 31 in Kingston, I know information about the interview can't be discussed but does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement. I'm very stressed about this thanks!
It was snowing hard, I had the flu, I didn't shake anyone's hands but I did fist bump the recruiters. They were shocked that I didn't reschedule it but I was scared that my interview would be pushed for god knows how long..
My references were contacted the next day.

Don't be nervous and don't be stressed out. Stress CAN lead to a lie and then the follow up questions seconds later.
I was more nervous about psych. The waiting period for a psych failure is 2 years.
You can fail the CSC interview and re-apply 2 days later (unless advised otherwise)
SAR Member