RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

scout_87
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby scout_87 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Is a digital photo frame allowed on the desk in your pit instead of a framed 5x7 photo if the digital frame is the same size?
RCMP BC Applicant
Online App: 06/08/17
RPAB: 07/18/17
SP: 08/14/17
RMAQ: 12/17/17
PEP: 06/20/18
PEP Rec: 07/05/18
Med: 07/20/18
Psych: 08/07/18
Med/Psych Rec: 09/06/18
BGI Rec: 09/18
FS Rev: 12/18
SC: 03/08/19
Troop 14 - July 22nd

Caleb10
Veteran Member

Postby Caleb10 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am

scout_87 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm
Is a digital photo frame allowed on the desk in your pit instead of a framed 5x7 photo if the digital frame is the same size?
Yes. The only thing is that it needs to be froze to one picture during work hours.
Police Officer

Monstersofmen
Rookie Member

Postby Monstersofmen » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Hey Blue Line! Have a question for ya. My situation is pretty unique so despite the extensive combing through the archives, I don’t have an answer.

I am in the process of joining the OCC as an operator for K Div. I passed my interview and medical so I am now on my security clearance.

Years ago I was detained in a bad stop at a retail store and falsely charged with Shoplifting Under $5000. The charge was eventually dismissed because I didn’t steal anything. The retail store claimed to have video footage but couldn’t produce it as all I had done was walk through the store to get to an exit where my car was (it was an anchor store in a mall, now nationally defunct, no surprise.)

I work with the Alberta Solicitor & Justice General now and had to produce a criminal record check. Nothing was on it, but I had a letter from my lawyer at the time stating my situation, and court records.

I’m planning to talk about this in my security interview; after all, I better get in front of it. But do you know if the background investigators will see the withdrawn charge due to lack of evidence, or does it just look like arrested - charged - withdrawn, with no further information? I’d like to know in advance to get another letter from a lawyer, updated fingerprinting record check from EPS, and potentially to apply for a record destruction, as this bad stop has the potential of ruining my career path.

If you can’t talk about it because it’s a breach of confidentiality then no worries.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Monstersofmen wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Hey Blue Line! Have a question for ya. My situation is pretty unique so despite the extensive combing through the archives, I don’t have an answer.

I am in the process of joining the OCC as an operator for K Div. I passed my interview and medical so I am now on my security clearance.

Years ago I was detained in a bad stop at a retail store and falsely charged with Shoplifting Under $5000. The charge was eventually dismissed because I didn’t steal anything. The retail store claimed to have video footage but couldn’t produce it as all I had done was walk through the store to get to an exit where my car was (it was an anchor store in a mall, now nationally defunct, no surprise.)

I work with the Alberta Solicitor & Justice General now and had to produce a criminal record check. Nothing was on it, but I had a letter from my lawyer at the time stating my situation, and court records.

I’m planning to talk about this in my security interview; after all, I better get in front of it. But do you know if the background investigators will see the withdrawn charge due to lack of evidence, or does it just look like arrested - charged - withdrawn, with no further information? I’d like to know in advance to get another letter from a lawyer, updated fingerprinting record check from EPS, and potentially to apply for a record destruction, as this bad stop has the potential of ruining my career path.

If you can’t talk about it because it’s a breach of confidentiality then no worries.
No one can advise you on this. This is not an "ask an investigator" forum.

All you can do is apply and find out.

Be totally honest with them. There are far too many missing pieces in your story for anyone to answer in here.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:57 pm
Monstersofmen wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:29 pm

No one can advise you on this. This is not an "ask an investigator" forum.

All you can do is apply and find out.

Be totally honest with them. There are far too many missing pieces in your story for anyone to answer in here.
This is why background investigations are conducted.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

Warrior6
Rookie Member

Postby Warrior6 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Hey Everyone, I am wondering what the recruitment team would think if I let them know I was applying to local police services while they review my application. I don't want the recruitment to think I am not committed to joining the RCMP. I just want to keep all options on the table while I have a valid OACP (Ontario) certificate. Any opinions on this?

epeac895
Rookie Member

Postby epeac895 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Warrior6 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 pm
Hey Everyone, I am wondering what the recruitment team would think if I let them know I was applying to local police services while they review my application. I don't want the recruitment to think I am not committed to joining the RCMP. I just want to keep all options on the table while I have a valid OACP (Ontario) certificate. Any opinions on this?
Honesty and integrity are evaluated at every stage of the process. It’s up to you ultimately though. I’m sure they have an idea applicants have applied to multiple places; chances are they might even know where you’ve applied.
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC issued:
Troop:

CopTalk
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby CopTalk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 pm

What does the RCMP offer for experienced officers? Does the RCMP offer competitive rates, promotional opportunity, specialty units, higher priority for detachment choice or specialty pay for certain detachments?
What is the RCMP doing to retain officers?

Ottawaapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Ottawaapplicant » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 pm

I guess there has not been many Troop offers lately since the forum is not updated with good news, I hope everyons process is going well. I m also waiting for Troop offer after 4 months of receiving my SC. Good luck everyone. :banghead:

goldglove
Rookie Member

Postby goldglove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Hey all,

I previously posted my RCMP applicant experience on March 7th in this thread and am looking for any additional insight or suggestions anyone might have.

I was deferred 5 years after the polygraph for "withholding information pertaining to past activities and activities". I vehemently denied it and went through any and all actions I could think of and was given to try to correct it. Needless to say I didn't get anywhere and didn't get any answers on specifics of the deferral. I kind of feel like collateral damage of an imperfect system.

Has anyone heard of this sort of thing happening to anyone else? If it was 1, 2 or even a 3 year deferral I would have let this go but the severity of it really has me baffled. Especially being given no information to go on.

Thanks.

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:27 pm

goldglove wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Hey all,

I previously posted my RCMP applicant experience on March 7th in this thread and am looking for any additional insight or suggestions anyone might have.

I was deferred 5 years after the polygraph for "withholding information pertaining to past activities and activities". I vehemently denied it and went through any and all actions I could think of and was given to try to correct it. Needless to say I didn't get anywhere and didn't get any answers on specifics of the deferral. I kind of feel like collateral damage of an imperfect system.

Has anyone heard of this sort of thing happening to anyone else? If it was 1, 2 or even a 3 year deferral I would have let this go but the severity of it really has me baffled. Especially being given no information to go on.

Thanks.
Honestly just take it and move forward, I’ve been deferred 3 times, (I’ve been applying since 2012), and I kept coming back over and over again just improving, I didn’t challenge any decision, they saw my persistence and my improvements.

This is my 4th application and I’m happy to say I’m now just waiting for my security clearance.
Deferral: 2013
Deferral: 2015
Deferral: 2016
RPAB: Exempt
SP: JUL-18
RMAQ: SEP-18
QA: SEP-18
PEP: OCT-18
PEP PASS: DEC-18
MED JAN-19
Psych: FEB-19
BGI: MAR-19
Psych II: MAR-19
DSU: MAR-19
MED clear: APR-19
SEC: APR-19
SEC clear:
Troop:

stormgraff
Rookie Member

Postby stormgraff » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi everyone!

Who is just waiting on SC? Just wondering who is at the same stage as I am :)
ON APPLICANT

Applied - June 18
RMAQ - Sept 18
PEP - Oct 18
PEP Rec - Oct 18
Med / Psych - Jan 4/ Jan 22
Psych Follow up - April 26
BGI - March 6
Psych Rec- May 19
Med Rec - May 19
FS - May 19
SC Rec -
Troop Offer -

goldglove
Rookie Member

Postby goldglove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:27 pm
goldglove wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks.
Honestly just take it and move forward, I’ve been deferred 3 times, (I’ve been applying since 2012), and I kept coming back over and over again just improving, I didn’t challenge any decision, they saw my persistence and my improvements.

This is my 4th application and I’m happy to say I’m now just waiting for my security clearance.
Yah this is my 3rd time being deferred (2012/2015). Just frustrating when you feel like you're going backwards when you know you've done everything that's been asked truthfully.

epeac895
Rookie Member

Postby epeac895 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm

stormgraff wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi everyone!

Who is just waiting on SC? Just wondering who is at the same stage as I am :)
Just waiting on SC here. Went to DSU in March, so hopefully soon!
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC issued:
Troop:

markinvan
Rookie Member

Postby markinvan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 pm

goldglove wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks.
I have a friend who tried out for VPD when I applied for RCMP. He was deferred for 2 years because of the same reason (withholding information). I grew up with this guy, I know for a fact he had never done any drugs or controlled substances at all. But he did say he was extremely nervous during the polygraph. It sucks, but what can you do?
BC Applicant
Lasik Surgery-04/18
Online App-05/18
SP-08/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
MMPI-2-01/19
FSR Rec-02/18
Medical Rec-04/19
Security Rec-05/19
Troop #23 Oct.14 :pistols: