RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

luckyduck
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby luckyduck » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm

scout_87 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Excited to say that I received that golden call this morning! Troop 14 - July 22nd
Congratulations! See you at Depot!
Ontario Applicant

App - May 2018
RPAB - June 2018
Selection Package - July 2018
RMAQ - Oct 2018
PEP - Nov 2018
PEP Rec. - Nov 2018
BGI - Nov 2018
Psych - Dec 2018
Med - Dec 2018
Med & Psych Rec. - Jan 2019
SC - Feb 2019
Troop #13 - July 15/19

redder
Regular Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby redder » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:30 pm

scout_87 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Excited to say that I received that golden call this morning! Troop 14 - July 22nd
Congrats! See you around Depot!
AB Applicant

Troop #4: 2019/04/29

User avatar
habstactic
Rookie Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby habstactic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi,

I am in the recruiting process to be a member of the RCMP. I was wondering if we could take our personal car to get to the depot, Regina?

Regards,
Quebec Applicant :D :D :D :D
2019/02/25 - Applied
2019/03/25 - BTATPG/RPAB
2019/04/03 - SP - Pending
2019/04/11 - SLE - Pending

JDB2018
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JDB2018 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:09 pm

habstactic wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi,

I am in the recruiting process to be a member of the RCMP. I was wondering if we could take our personal car to get to the depot, Regina?

Regards,
Hey- congratulations on your application. This site is full of great information, this question was answered in great detail a few pages back~hopefully you find that helpful. Best of luck 🤗
Oct 16 -Deff
July 17- Med Reinsertion
Oct 17- Med/Psych
Dec 17- F/up Psych
Feb 18- Med Cleared
Feb 18- Selection Pkg
Mar 18- RMAQ Interview
May 18- Poly
Jun 18- Poly Recommended
Aug 18- Suitability Recommended
April 19- Security Clearance
Troop- 5

User avatar
VanSmack
Moderator
Posts: 9970
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Sweeping the leg... At your mom’s house.

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby VanSmack » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:05 am

habstactic wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi,

I am in the recruiting process to be a member of the RCMP. I was wondering if we could take our personal car to get to the depot, Regina?

Regards,
The shortest and most simple answer is that unless your place of residence prior to training is within 650kms of Regina you will not be authorized to drive your own vehicle to Depot.

There will be people on here who may tell you that yes, you can still drive it, however travel expenses will not be paid in that case. You also won't necessarily have access to parking at Depot once you arrive, if it's during winter you almost definitely won't have access to a plug for your block heater (which you will DEFINITELY need), and you will be responsible for any costs associated with getting it to your first post after training - for which you won't be given extra time to drive the car to. You will need to return home to arrange shipment of your household effects to your new posting and then report directly to your new post. If you drive from Quebec and have a car in Regina, get posted to BC or New Brunswick, for example, you're going to be stuck with the added cost/hassle of trying to arrange shipment of a vehicle from Depot to your new post while also trying to coordinate your household move and everything involved with starting a new career.

You won't need it enough to justify driving it the 2+ days it will take to get from Quebec to Regina anyway, the extra hassle should discourage anyone even further.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

Flybird
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:02 am
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Flybird » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 am

Newbie here, day 1.

I'm headed off to Depot June 17th, Troop #10, and was hoping I could connect with other troopmates. Anyone?
Application: Aug. 2017
Troop 10: June 17, 2019

Flybird
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:02 am
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Flybird » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 am

Asuka wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Troop offer June 17 !
Me too!
Application: Aug. 2017
Troop 10: June 17, 2019

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7853
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:17 pm

habstactic wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi,

I am in the recruiting process to be a member of the RCMP. I was wondering if we could take our personal car to get to the depot, Regina?

Regards,
Lose the wait, Patrick, and go National...or any of the other companies at Harbour Landing.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

User avatar
habstactic
Rookie Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby habstactic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:05 am
habstactic wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi,

I am in the recruiting process to be a member of the RCMP. I was wondering if we could take our personal car to get to the depot, Regina?

Regards,
The shortest and most simple answer is that unless your place of residence prior to training is within 650kms of Regina you will not be authorized to drive your own vehicle to Depot.

There will be people on here who may tell you that yes, you can still drive it, however travel expenses will not be paid in that case. You also won't necessarily have access to parking at Depot once you arrive, if it's during winter you almost definitely won't have access to a plug for your block heater (which you will DEFINITELY need), and you will be responsible for any costs associated with getting it to your first post after training - for which you won't be given extra time to drive the car to. You will need to return home to arrange shipment of your household effects to your new posting and then report directly to your new post. If you drive from Quebec and have a car in Regina, get posted to BC or New Brunswick, for example, you're going to be stuck with the added cost/hassle of trying to arrange shipment of a vehicle from Depot to your new post while also trying to coordinate your household move and everything involved with starting a new career.

You won't need it enough to justify driving it the 2+ days it will take to get from Quebec to Regina anyway, the extra hassle should discourage anyone even further.
Perfect, thanks you for the full answer! :)
Quebec Applicant :D :D :D :D
2019/02/25 - Applied
2019/03/25 - BTATPG/RPAB
2019/04/03 - SP - Pending
2019/04/11 - SLE - Pending

Policemom
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Policemom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 pm

luckyduck wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm
scout_87 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Excited to say that I received that golden call this morning! Troop 14 - July 22nd
Congratulations! See you at Depot!
CONGRATS! See you there, I am Troop 13!

jacquevw
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby jacquevw » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Troop 14!! Today was a good day.
BC Applicant
16/12/16: 1 Year deferral @ SC due to residency requirement of 7 years (6.5 isn’t good enough)
01/18 Online App.
02/18 AOR
02/18 SP Received
02/18 SP Submitted
06/18 RMAQ
08/18 PEP
10/18 SC started
10/18 Med Started
02/18 Med Rec
03/19 SC rec

Policemom
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Policemom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 am

Patch wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:33 pm
Received the call this morning for Troop 13 - July 15th. :thumbsup:
Congrats! We will be troop mates!

scout_87
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby scout_87 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:52 am

jacquevw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 pm
Troop 14!! Today was a good day.
Congrats! We’re in the same troop. See you there!
RCMP BC Applicant
Online App: 06/08/17
RPAB: 07/18/17
SP: 08/14/17
RMAQ: 12/17/17
PEP: 06/20/18
PEP Rec: 07/05/18
Med: 07/20/18
Psych: 08/07/18
Med/Psych Rec: 09/06/18
BGI Rec: 09/18
FS Rev: 12/18
SC: 03/08/19
Troop 14 - July 22nd

Sk88
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:02 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Sk88 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Congrats to everyone that got good news today. I am new here just submitted my complete application Jan 2019 and latest update is I finished my RMAQ phone call yesterday. Any tips and suggestions while I wait? Any idea how long it takes until the next step?


Again congrats everyone!

godin3311
Regular Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby godin3311 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Sk88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 pm
Congrats to everyone that got good news today. I am new here just submitted my complete application Jan 2019 and latest update is I finished my RMAQ phone call yesterday. Any tips and suggestions while I wait? Any idea how long it takes until the next step?
This is a loaded question. Impossible to answer really.
You'll see that some people wait months during portions of their process compared to others, and will fly through other stages compared to others.
Best tip I can give you, don't compare time lines :) It'll drive you crazy LOL
Keep busy in between stages while you wait, live you're life, try and better yourself, life experiences, all that good stuff.
ON Applicant
Applied Oct 2017
RMAQ: Nov 9/17
PEP: Jan 31/18
PEP Rec: May 22/18
BGI: Aug 3/18
Psych: Aug 8/18
Physical: Aug 17/18
FS: Started Aug 28/18
Medical: Oct 31/18
SC: Started Aug 28/18
SC Interview: Jan 28/19
SC Issued: Feb 27/19
Troop 13


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: epeac895, Google [Bot], RayanniS, runningguy, Sparky1, waiting001 and 15 guests