GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:35 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:30 pm
g176 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:26 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm
I just got my interview result this morning. I am very excited, I passed it. I had to check a few times to confirm it.

I am just wondering if someone can let me know what will be the next step, and what timeline am I looking? I am planning to do my pare test in January. Than you. I would appreciate your reply.
My timeline is below but I did my pare before my interview.

After interview I was sent the psych then security papers and then medical after I passed psych.

My clearance is over a year and Im still not clearned so that is defintley the longest.
Thank you!
No problem, they were fast with everything up to the clearance. Best of luck.

(sorry for spelling mistakes on the forum, im trying to watch the office and respond haha)
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

ba_storm
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby ba_storm » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm

g176 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm
ba_storm wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am
I’ve noticed a lot of people’s timelines regarding the medical testing requirements— a lot of people seem to have completed the medical after or around the same time as their psych testing - but before their clearance is granted . I’m currently awaiting my security clearance (my psych was completed in June 2018) but I haven’t been prompted to do my medical ... I know everyone’s timeline is a bit different but I didn’t know if I should be emailing recruitment to remind them /inquire about completing my medical assessment while waiting to be cleared or if that’s something they will just eventually email me to complete . If anyone could shed some light on this that would be appreciated it.

Thanks !
It never hurts to email recruitment, I have always emailed them to ask questions pertaining to the process and they always get back to me.

Ok thank you !

rupyess
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:02 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby rupyess » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:25 pm

g176 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
13C invites are being sent out next week :)

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm

rupyess wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:25 pm
g176 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
13C invites are being sent out next week :)
Thank you! Would be the best birthday gift to be sent an inv!
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

AirborneInfantry
Regular Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby AirborneInfantry » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am

Has anyone that that did their OTEE in the fall and completed their interview been contacted for their pysc eval yet? My rough timeline is as follows, all 2018.

July Applied
Sept OTEE
Oct OTEE Results
Oct Interview Invite
Nov Interview
Nov Interview Results

Ottawa Applicant, scored 80% ish on OTE, last name R for those that are curious about scores and name from a few pages back.

Pare booked for 13 Jan
Infantry 2007 - Present

nick921
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby nick921 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Someone told me interview for the GTA region will restart in late January

JaySingh
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JaySingh » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 pm

AirborneInfantry wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am
Has anyone that that did their OTEE in the fall and completed their interview been contacted for their pysc eval yet? My rough timeline is as follows, all 2018.

July Applied
Sept OTEE
Oct OTEE Results
Oct Interview Invite
Nov Interview
Nov Interview Results

Ottawa Applicant, scored 80% ish on OTE, last name R for those that are curious about scores and name from a few pages back.

Pare booked for 13 Jan
I am an Ottawa applicant too. I havent heard anything ever since my interview results in November 2018. Here is my timeline:

OTEE: October 14,2018
OTEE Results: October 31,2018
Interview: November 14,2018
Interview Result: November 21,2018.

User avatar
BoltUp
Regular Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BoltUp » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:08 pm

.
Last edited by BoltUp on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 2018
PARE: Nov, 2018
Interview: Nov, 2018

Psych Eval, April, 2019
Security papers sent April 30, 2019
Medical Eval: May 2019
Integrity Int/Clearance Granted: Aug 23, 2019

OITP:
Rigaud:

felix1113
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby felix1113 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:36 pm

For those in QC, got yesterday my interview results so around 10 days delay !
Applied: August 18
OTEE: September 18 - PASS
Interview: December 18 - PASS
PARE: January 19- PASS
Psych Evaluation: April 19 - PASS
Securite papers: Sent April 19
Medical Evaluation: May 19 - PASS
Security Clearance: July 19 - PASS
OITP:
Rigaud:

AirborneInfantry
Regular Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby AirborneInfantry » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Jay, and CNYEG thank you for the reply. Best of luck in the process!
Infantry 2007 - Present

Latch527
Veteran Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Latch527 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm

CNYEG wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:08 pm
JaySingh wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 pm
AirborneInfantry wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am
Has anyone that that did their OTEE in the fall and completed their interview been contacted for their pysc eval yet? My rough timeline is as follows, all 2018.

July Applied
Sept OTEE
Oct OTEE Results
Oct Interview Invite
Nov Interview
Nov Interview Results

Ottawa Applicant, scored 80% ish on OTE, last name R for those that are curious about scores and name from a few pages back.

Pare booked for 13 Jan
I am an Ottawa applicant too. I havent heard anything ever since my interview results in November 2018. Here is my timeline:

OTEE: October 14,2018
OTEE Results: October 31,2018
Interview: November 14,2018
Interview Result: November 21,2018.

Very similar timeline but I'm from Alberta. As of today, I still haven't heard anything.
You are the first applicant I have seen in a LONG time from Alberta on here. In my troop I believe I am the only one from the Prairie Region.
Applied: 10/2016
PARE: 03/2017 & 03/2018
Interview: 06/2017
Exam: 02/2017
Security: 07/2018
Integrity Interview: 06/2018
Medical: 12/2017 08/2018
OITP: 12/2018
Riguard: 02/2019

User avatar
Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Latch527 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm


You are the first applicant I have seen in a LONG time from Alberta on here. In my troop I believe I am the only one from the Prairie Region.
I'm from Alberta as well, Did my Interview yesterday.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Latch527
Veteran Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Latch527 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:45 pm
Latch527 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm


You are the first applicant I have seen in a LONG time from Alberta on here. In my troop I believe I am the only one from the Prairie Region.
I'm from Alberta as well, Did my Interview yesterday.
Awesome! How did it go?
Applied: 10/2016
PARE: 03/2017 & 03/2018
Interview: 06/2017
Exam: 02/2017
Security: 07/2018
Integrity Interview: 06/2018
Medical: 12/2017 08/2018
OITP: 12/2018
Riguard: 02/2019

User avatar
Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Latch527 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 pm
Tornelco wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:45 pm
Latch527 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm


You are the first applicant I have seen in a LONG time from Alberta on here. In my troop I believe I am the only one from the Prairie Region.
I'm from Alberta as well, Did my Interview yesterday.
Awesome! How did it go?
I feel like I nailed some aspects and did terribly on others. Looking back there was a lot I would have done differently. But that's the idea, I was nervous and there was a lot riding on getting this interview right. Hope I don't fail, Today is the 8 month anniversary of my application

I don't wanna violate my non-disclosure agreement but everyone who gets invited to an interview will see there's a roleplay. I just won't give any details about the role play but I really dropped the ball since I couldn't take my roleplays seriously. Having a professional interview environment for an hour and then trying to play a role with the interviewers was too hard for me and I even ended up laughing.... So I guess we will see soon :((
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

JaySingh
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JaySingh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:22 pm

AirborneInfantry wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 pm
Jay, and CNYEG thank you for the reply. Best of luck in the process!
Thanks and wish you the same.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, LavaRT and 31 guests