GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Latch527
Veteran Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Latch527 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:14 am

kezard1 wrote:Hello, I have successfully passed the OTEE and received the information package and was told to wait for an email regarding an interview date and time. However, I am pregnant and am due the last week of May. Great news! But what I am wondering is... I understand this process can take over a year to complete. Am I able to do all of the steps before I give birth and once the baby is born complete the PARE and be ready for Rigaud training? (obviously I know I am SOL if this all happens before the baby is born. But if luck is on my side is this possible?)
Congrats on passing OTEE. I think if you are able to go away for about 5 months to Quebec. As the steps take a while I don't see why not. I would email recruiting and ask them that question though, but as long as there is no medical or personal reason you cannot do it I don't see why not.
Applied: 10/2016
PARE: 03/2017 & 03/2018
Interview: 06/2017
Exam: 02/2017
Security: 07/2018
Integrity Interview: 06/2018
Medical: 12/2017 08/2018
OITP: 12/2018
Riguard: 02/2019

Tontonyouss
Rookie Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tontonyouss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am

Can anybody tell after how long the SLE expires? Please
QC
Interview: 2017.02.10
Psych interview/written: 2017.03/ 2019.02.04
Med: 2017.03.30/2018.12.20
PARE: 2017.05.04/2018.11.24
SLE: 2017.05.31 - 2017.07.19
Security: 2017.06.12
Integrity int : 2017.25.10
OITP: may
Rigaud: 14C July

vanessa11
Regular Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby vanessa11 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 am

Tontonyouss wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am
Can anybody tell after how long the SLE expires? Please
Hey! On the CBSA website, it says the SLE is good for 5 years.
QC
Applied: 2017.2.15
Interview: 2017.11.2
Security: 2017.11.27
PARE: 2017.11.30
Written psych: 2017.12.11
Psych interview: 2017.12.13
Med: 2018.1.22
SLE: 2018.3.14 - 2018.4.11 results : C-C-C
Integrity int : 2018.7.10
OITP: 2018.11.26
Rigaud: 2019.1.14

Tontonyouss
Rookie Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tontonyouss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:15 am

vanessa11 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 am
Tontonyouss wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am
Can anybody tell after how long the SLE expires? Please
Hey! On the CBSA website, it says the SLE is good for 5 years.

Thank you!
QC
Interview: 2017.02.10
Psych interview/written: 2017.03/ 2019.02.04
Med: 2017.03.30/2018.12.20
PARE: 2017.05.04/2018.11.24
SLE: 2017.05.31 - 2017.07.19
Security: 2017.06.12
Integrity int : 2017.25.10
OITP: may
Rigaud: 14C July

nat61018
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby nat61018 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 pm

kezard1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 pm
Hello, I have successfully passed the OTEE and received the information package and was told to wait for an email regarding an interview date and time. However, I am pregnant and am due the last week of May. Great news! But what I am wondering is... I understand this process can take over a year to complete. Am I able to do all of the steps before I give birth and once the baby is born complete the PARE and be ready for Rigaud training? (obviously I know I am SOL if this all happens before the baby is born. But if luck is on my side is this possible?)


Hey Kezard1!
Do not stress! I put having a baby on hold when I got my email for my interview and I could have had a baby and been here for another 6 months or more before Rigaud. :P (timeline for you... applied November 2016, interview December 2017, Rigaud January 2019). You have plenty of time to get all of your steps complete, have baby, and get in shape for your PARE and Rigaud! Congrats!! Also keep in mind intakes are usually JAN, FEB, MARCH, JUNE, JUL, AUG, so once August passes, your waiting until January for the next group of Recruits to head to Quebec :)

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

Plinky92
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Plinky92 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm

g176 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
I’m in the 13B intake, online starts in a week, and Rigaud is Feb 11th.
Applied - JUN 2017
Interview - PASSED MAR 2018
Psychological Test/interview - PASSED APR 2018
Medical Exams - PASSED MAY-AUG 2018
PARE - PASSED MAY 2018
Security Interview - NOV 2018
Secret - PASSED NOV 2018
OITP - DEC 2018
Rigaud - MAR 2019

Plinky92
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Plinky92 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Plinky92 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm
g176 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
I’m in the 13B intake, online starts in a week, and Rigaud is Feb 11th. I’m not sure about March though. I actually received an email stating my security clearance was approved and I should be recieving an invite for 13C or 13D (lol) shortly after I’d already confirmed my attendance for 13B.

That makes me think they will probably be sending out 13C invites soon, best of luck.
Applied - JUN 2017
Interview - PASSED MAR 2018
Psychological Test/interview - PASSED APR 2018
Medical Exams - PASSED MAY-AUG 2018
PARE - PASSED MAY 2018
Security Interview - NOV 2018
Secret - PASSED NOV 2018
OITP - DEC 2018
Rigaud - MAR 2019

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 am

Plinky92 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 pm
Plinky92 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm
g176 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Does anyone know when OITP is sent out for feb and march and when schooling starts in march?

Also did anyone else receive an email nov 26 regarding their clearance and hear anything after?

Thank you!
I’m in the 13B intake, online starts in a week, and Rigaud is Feb 11th. I’m not sure about March though. I actually received an email stating my security clearance was approved and I should be recieving an invite for 13C or 13D (lol) shortly after I’d already confirmed my attendance for 13B.

That makes me think they will probably be sending out 13C invites soon, best of luck.
Thank you! Best of luck to you :)
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

ba_storm
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby ba_storm » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

I’ve noticed a lot of people’s timelines regarding the medical testing requirements— a lot of people seem to have completed the medical after or around the same time as their psych testing - but before their clearance is granted . I’m currently awaiting my security clearance (my psych was completed in June 2018) but I haven’t been prompted to do my medical ... I know everyone’s timeline is a bit different but I didn’t know if I should be emailing recruitment to remind them /inquire about completing my medical assessment while waiting to be cleared or if that’s something they will just eventually email me to complete . If anyone could shed some light on this that would be appreciated it.

Thanks !

kellylihomes
Veteran Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby kellylihomes » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm

I just got my interview result this morning. I am very excited, I passed it. I had to check a few times to confirm it.

I am just wondering if someone can let me know what will be the next step, and what timeline am I looking? I am planning to do my pare test in January. Than you. I would appreciate your reply.
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)

mike_lebel
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby mike_lebel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Anybody from Quebec received an interview date?
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 14th
OTEE results: October 31st (passed)
Interview: ?
PARE: ?
Psych test: ?
...

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:26 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm
I just got my interview result this morning. I am very excited, I passed it. I had to check a few times to confirm it.

I am just wondering if someone can let me know what will be the next step, and what timeline am I looking? I am planning to do my pare test in January. Than you. I would appreciate your reply.
My timeline is below but I did my pare before my interview.

After interview I was sent the psych then security papers and then medical after I passed psych.

My clearance is over a year and Im still not cleared so that is the longest.

Also Congrats!
Last edited by g176 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

g176
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby g176 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm

ba_storm wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am
I’ve noticed a lot of people’s timelines regarding the medical testing requirements— a lot of people seem to have completed the medical after or around the same time as their psych testing - but before their clearance is granted . I’m currently awaiting my security clearance (my psych was completed in June 2018) but I haven’t been prompted to do my medical ... I know everyone’s timeline is a bit different but I didn’t know if I should be emailing recruitment to remind them /inquire about completing my medical assessment while waiting to be cleared or if that’s something they will just eventually email me to complete . If anyone could shed some light on this that would be appreciated it.

Thanks !
It never hurts to email recruitment, I have always emailed them to ask questions pertaining to the process and they always get back to me.
Applied:05.17
Pare:10.17
Interview:10.17
Sec Sent:11.17
Psych:11.17
Medical:02.18
Security Interview:10.18
Pare Renewal: 02.19
Medical Renewal: 03.19
Security Clearance: 04.19
OITP: 06.19
Rigaud:08.19:14D

kellylihomes
Veteran Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby kellylihomes » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:30 pm

g176 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:26 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm
I just got my interview result this morning. I am very excited, I passed it. I had to check a few times to confirm it.

I am just wondering if someone can let me know what will be the next step, and what timeline am I looking? I am planning to do my pare test in January. Than you. I would appreciate your reply.
My timeline is below but I did my pare before my interview.

After interview I was sent the psych then security papers and then medical after I passed psych.

My clearance is over a year and Im still not clearned so that is defintley the longest.
Thank you!
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Jumb34t and 57 guests