Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

bluerookie
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby bluerookie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Anyone receive an offer?

Froz
Rookie Member

Postby Froz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am

Nope. Still on Psychological Assessment stage

Toronto1985
Sage Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm

kaoalrim wrote:Hey guys!

I'm new on this forum. Just wondering if any of you have some experience with my situation...

I just finished my MMPI/psych test and the recruiters are saying they are still hoping to fill some spots for the December class...

However, I am from Quebec, so transferring my lease, moving, quitting my job, etc. would be quite challenging in one week. If (hopefully) I get the call, do you know if I can be moved to the April class? Moving to a new city in one week is quite a challenge...

Thanks for the reply! :D

That’s something that you’ll want to ask a recruiter who is working on your file. It’s not black and white. It’s probably situational depending. I’m sure they’ve done it in the past. I’m sure they’ve also denied it in the past. You may run the risk that if they “hold” your file for the next class... when the time comes, what if there’s candidates who they deem better than you for that given point in time. What if they then deny you. Personally, not a risk I’d want to take given how competitive policing is. Transferring your lease and quitting your job etc in a small period of time is a huge pain in the ass like you say. But it’s not impossible. Well worth the stress in my opinion.
Border Services Officer

kaoalrim
Rookie Member

Postby kaoalrim » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:37 am

Toronto1985 wrote:
kaoalrim wrote:Hey guys!

I'm new on this forum. Just wondering if any of you have some experience with my situation...

I just finished my MMPI/psych test and the recruiters are saying they are still hoping to fill some spots for the December class...

However, I am from Quebec, so transferring my lease, moving, quitting my job, etc. would be quite challenging in one week. If (hopefully) I get the call, do you know if I can be moved to the April class? Moving to a new city in one week is quite a challenge...

Thanks for the reply! :D

That’s something that you’ll want to ask a recruiter who is working on your file. It’s not black and white. It’s probably situational depending. I’m sure they’ve done it in the past. I’m sure they’ve also denied it in the past. You may run the risk that if they “hold” your file for the next class... when the time comes, what if there’s candidates who they deem better than you for that given point in time. What if they then deny you. Personally, not a risk I’d want to take given how competitive policing is. Transferring your lease and quitting your job etc in a small period of time is a huge pain in the ass like you say. But it’s not impossible. Well worth the stress in my opinion.
Thanks for the insight! Fortunately I think that at this point if I do get accepted it would be for April given that there is 10 days left before class starts...I have finished my psych testing but none of my references have been called yet, and I didn't get notified that my BGI had started. Just a waiting game now!

devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Calls for December class are done. No more are going out at this point.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

A.T.R.
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 am

Orientation was today for the December 17 class.

Next class is only a few months away.

Stay positive.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

kaoalrim
Rookie Member

Postby kaoalrim » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:16 am

Good to know!!

I guess that's why my background check slowed down, must be focusing on the new recruits.

Congratulations to everyone who made it! :thumbsup:

tvntommy
Rookie Member

Postby tvntommy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Anyone having/had there ECI/LFI this week?

aspiringcop12
Rookie Member

Postby aspiringcop12 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi, just had my ECI LFI this afternoon and was thankfully successful.

How quick did you guys hear back?

prokes

Postby prokes » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am

I'll be at HQ tomorrow to participate in the PBQ/LFI session!

CAGE_1
Rookie Member

Postby CAGE_1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 am

Has anyone heard anything about the COR removal for TPS? Seeing as how OPP is about to get bombarded with applicants due to the removal of the COR, it seems only fitting that TPS would follow suite... I know it was a rumor a little while ago, however I was wondering if anyone has heard more than just the rumor.

Sirousaz
Rookie Member

Postby Sirousaz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:37 am

TPS still requires the COR as of now... maybe in the future they will remove the requirement. But yes you are right OPP is expecting a lot of applications this coming year. nonetheless, they will be looking for the most competitive applicants since they have a lot to select from.

rookie0727
Rookie Member

Postby rookie0727 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey,
I attended and completed my pbq/ lfi pre interview sessions with tps last September and have not been contacted about the status of my application or have been invited to an interview. I have tried reaching out and several members have told me that my application was and has been in good standing. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there was anything else I could do.

Any advise would be helpful! Thanks in advance :)

NYG88
Rookie Member

Postby NYG88 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Is the PIN Test done by TPS during the hiring process or is it done at OPC?

ahmed289
Rookie Member

Postby ahmed289 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:24 am

Hey guys,

I applied for TPS auxiliary mid December 2018. I received an email stating that I passed initial screening and would be contacted if I was selected to move forward for an interview. I know it’s only been a few weeks since, but does anyone know if they are actively hiring for auxiliary/how long it takes before applicants are called out for interviews. So far on the thread, average response time is typically 2-3 weeks.