MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

MB_CVE
Veteran Member

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby MB_CVE » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Nuke wrote:
babydell123 wrote:
smitty wrote:
hey Smitty, are you currently going through the process for this hiring? or are you a transportation officer with MTO already.
Hardest and meanest out there at that. :twisted:
That's the spirit.
Subordinate.

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm

MrHawk wrote:I haven't heard anything yet (Toronto area).

Best of luck to you guys.
have you heard anything yet?

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 am

I was told they'd be doing interviews right into end of Oct-beginning of Nov. Backgrounds in Nov.
Hold fast boys. ( and ladies of course ) Our time is coming.
Stay connected. Best of luck
Truck Trooper in the #GreatWhiteNorth MTO TEO II

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:04 pm

yea same here, do they have a set date because I was told in the interview that they had two dates for the start of training, one in December and one in January but they weren't sure which one they will choose, they said depending on which one they choose will determine how soon you hear from them. good luck everyone. All I can say is that if your reference is called in November you have a very good chance of getting in.

C-DOG
Grand Poobah

Postby C-DOG » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm

References are being checked at present. My friend has made it through this far and I know this because they contacted his references. :D
Last edited by C-DOG on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't concern yourself with things you can't do anything about. Armchair generals don't win battles, but they do have nervous breakdowns.

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 am

Any updates from anyone, Anyone hearing any news? how many people on here references have been contacted already.

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 am

I've applied to northern postings and my references were contacted yesterday. Stay positive out there gang if you haven't been contacted yet. It's a long process with a lot of phone calls and surveys to send out and process. 30 positions with three references each is a lot of work. Hang in there

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:03 am

One of my references messaged me to say they have been contacted

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 am

All of my references has now been contacted. good luck everyone, hope we all can make the selection and get an offer to attend training in January

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 am

Hello everyone its rather quiet here this past few weeks, well I believe everything is done as far as reference checks, so calls should be going out sometime this week or next week for the latest if timelines are followed which they have been doing a pretty good job of. good luck to everyone and keep us informed if you got an offer or not.

MrHawk

Postby MrHawk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 pm

I got an email today about my process. I am out. I did not make the elegibility list. Oh well...

The email also says that I can get feedback about my process by an informal discussion. I am curious to know what went wrong.

I hope you guys have better news on your selection processes. :)

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey. That's a bummer. I got my letter and I'm in. Scored very well at various locations in the regions I've applied for. Don't give up folks if you aren't progressing any further. there will be more opportunities.
Now we who received our letters advising us of our location ranking have to wait and see where we will be given opportunity to accept.
Best of luck folks. Make sure you have that follow up interview to find out where you were strong and where you need to keep working to gain more competitive edge.
I'm stoked for the next steps!!

babydell123
Rookie Member

Postby babydell123 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:18 am

Hey, sorry about that Mr. Hawk. I too got my letter and am in also, I ranked in the top five in all my locations I selected so am excited to see what happens next.

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:22 am

Hey folks. Wondering if anyone in the northern pool can send me a message to talk about how they ranked in the various locations. Curious to know who is interested in accepting what locations.
Shoot me a PM and I'll share contact info.
Merry Christmas all. :D

HwyMartin
Veteran Member

Postby HwyMartin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Congrats to those who got the good news, for the rest keep at it and don't get discouraged!

With the pool I just have some info based on my experiences in the pool when I applied five-ish years back. Just because you scored high in a certain location doesn't mean you're more likely to get that location. I thought that when I went through, I was sure I was going to get a northern posting based on my rankings but when the call came in I got offers for South-Western Ontario area locations and was kind of surprised.

Just be prepared to be offered any of the locations you ticked yes to and don't be discouraged if you scored low in a location you want more.