Ottawa Police Applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

alansirvine
Rookie Member

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby alansirvine » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Hey Team

Application is pending here.
Any insight on interviews or application follow up to remain competitive?

Thanks

wjeans
Rookie Member

Postby wjeans » Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster.

I was wondering if any one else is in the Ottawa Police Process and where you are. I had my successful ECI July 2016 and I'm still waiting to hear for my psych test and background.

This thread has gone dead for a bit now, so I thought I'd revive it.

B :D

sierrakilo92
Rookie Member

Postby sierrakilo92 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

wjeans wrote:Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster.

I was wondering if any one else is in the Ottawa Police Process and where you are. I had my successful ECI July 2016 and I'm still waiting to hear for my psych test and background.

Possible applicant here! I'm just finishing up my ATS testing and will likely apply once I receive my COR. It seems odd that you're waiting a year for your pysch/background.

Is the process this slow?

wjeans
Rookie Member

Postby wjeans » Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm

sierrakilo92 wrote:

Possible applicant here! I'm just finishing up my ATS testing and will likely apply once I receive my COR. It seems odd that you're waiting a year for your pysch/background.

Is the process this slow?

My timeline was pretty quick to start. I had my PBQ in April of 2016, my LFI was scheduled for the middle of May and right after that I had my ECI scheduled for July 2016. Since then though, I have had quick emails asking if my PREP is still up to date and telling me to stay positive and patient.

I'm not sure if this is regular practice or just a backlog of candidates.

B

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:38 am

This thread has gone cold; lets try to keep it going. Anyone from the August PBQ currently waiting a psych appointment?

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:42 am

wjeans how did you progress? whats stage are you at now?

bingbong123
Rookie Member

Postby bingbong123 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Hey guys,

where are you now situated in the process ?

For my part: PBQ April 2016, LFI May 2016, ECI July 2016, Psych April/May 2017... since then, nothing.

Have a good one

bingbon123

toomuchtime
Rookie Member

Postby toomuchtime » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm

bingbong123 wrote:Hey guys,

where are you now situated in the process ?

For my part: PBQ April 2016, LFI May 2016, ECI July 2016, Psych April/May 2017... since then, nothing.

Have a good one

bingbon123
Hi there.
I did my psych at roughly the same time as you- I badgered my contact at OPS afterwards and eventually found that I failed the psych. Big disappointment- esp. as I consider myself to be a level-headed and well-rounded individual.
If you haven't heard back by now- I'd consider contacting the HR folks to get an answer.
Best of luck to you!

TMT

spooky

Postby spooky » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 pm

I got to the final review and was deferred. The whole process took a few years for one reason or another. I'm pretty confident it was not enough volunteering that sunk me at the end. Pretty devastating but I'll try again in May.

I'm glad this is being revived though. I'll do what can to engage in this thread with some of my ideas and questions.

kennedyk24
Rookie Member

Postby kennedyk24 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm

repoman101 wrote:This thread has gone cold; lets try to keep it going. Anyone from the August PBQ currently waiting a psych appointment?
I'm still waiting on a psych appointment and I passed my ECI in July 2017.

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Where is everyone with their application ? Anyone else going in for the psych in the next few weeks?

bingbong123
Rookie Member

Postby bingbong123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 pm

repoman101 wrote:Where is everyone with their application ? Anyone else going in for the psych in the next few weeks?
Still waiting for background. Did the psych about 9 months ago. Patience is the key :)

Good luck!

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm

bingbong123 wrote:
repoman101 wrote:Where is everyone with their application ? Anyone else going in for the psych in the next few weeks?
Still waiting for background. Did the psych about 9 months ago. Patience is the key :)

Good luck!
Did you try to contact HR for status? My buddy has been waiting for a bit as well. I’ve been reading up on news and in 2018, OPS is looking to hire 25 new recruits. Competition is tough. But I’m praying that i secure one of those spots. Good luck to everyone.

bingbong123
Rookie Member

Postby bingbong123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 am

repoman101 wrote:
bingbong123 wrote:

Good luck!
Did you try to contact HR for status? My buddy has been waiting for a bit as well. I’ve been reading up on news and in 2018, OPS is looking to hire 25 new recruits. Competition is tough. But I’m praying that i secure one of those spots. Good luck to everyone.
Yep. I'm still in the process. At least I know I'm not the only one waiting. From what I hear, once your done with the ECI, it's pretty much just a waiting game. If you don't get the letter, you're still good.

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Yeah thats the attitude. just keep positive. Gluck.