Police Application PBQ question

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Diatomic
Rookie Member

Police Application PBQ question

Postby Diatomic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello,

I was answering some sample PBQ questions and this question came up.

"Have you ever been expelled, suspended, documented or formally reprimanded for any reason at
an educational or training institution?"

I was suspended once for a day in middle school for a minor reason, I was possibly 11 at the time and have never been in trouble since. Is this something I have to mention? I'm confused because this was way back when and I don't know if something silly a child did has any merit to the question at hand.

Thanks

Proteus
Rookie Member

Re: Police Application PBQ question

Postby Proteus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Diatomic wrote:Hello,

I was answering some sample PBQ questions and this question came up.

"Have you ever been expelled, suspended, documented or formally reprimanded for any reason at
an educational
or training institution?"

I was suspended once for a day in middle school for a minor reason, I was possibly 11 at the time and have never been in trouble since. Is this something I have to mention? I'm confused because this was way back when and I don't know if something silly a child did has any merit to the question at hand.

Thanks

noanykey
Rookie Member

Postby noanykey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I was expelled in high school. I told them.
When I didn't get into the Sheriff's, I asked if it was one of the reasons. They said no.

If you're unsure. Just tell them. It's better than hiding and getting rejected for not being honest.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

EsivarT
Rookie Member

Postby EsivarT » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 am

I agree with noanykey. Don't decide what you think is necessary for them to know/not. If you have to think about whether or not to put it in then that should be an indicator that you should include it. Better safe than sorry.

Also, explaining the situation when questioned would be easier than explaining why you didn't mention it (if you were expected to especially).

Good luck.

(ps, not a recruiter. this is just my input.)
York Auxiliary

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Good advice ^
List everything (don't leave facts out) and then articulate to your recruiter.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.