MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby TruckDuk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 pm

I received my confirmation yesterday that my Oral French Competency requirements have been approved. Looking forward to the next steps
Truck Trooper in the #GreatWhiteNorth MTO TEO II

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Anyone else involved in the last recruitment? Wondering if any of you have re-applied

OntSecGuy
Rookie Member

Postby OntSecGuy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

TruckDuk wrote:I received my confirmation yesterday that my Oral French Competency requirements have been approved. Looking forward to the next steps

Lucky... I'm still waiting to hear anything. Checking the status regularly and keep seeing "Application Screening"...

AngryScotsman
Rookie Member

Postby AngryScotsman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm

TruckDuk wrote:I received my confirmation yesterday that my Oral French Competency requirements have been approved. Looking forward to the next steps

Félicitations!

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Merci!! I applied and made it through to an offer last time but unfortunatly had to decline due my wife's medical condition. All is back to normal and I'm ready to go if the opportunity arises.

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:05 am

Copper29 wrote:Has anyone heard anything from the last posting?

I received my confirmation yesterday that my Oral French Competency requirements have been approved. Looking forward to the next steps

Copper29
Rookie Member

Postby Copper29 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I am still waiting to hear
Applied: 07/18/2019
Test Invite: 07/30/2019
SJT Test: 08/08/2019
Inter: 08/15/2019
Ref: 08/21/2019
Med & Prints 09/26/2019
CTP 1 09/29/2019 - 10/29/2019
Pysch Test & Interview - 10/30/2019 - 10/31/2019
CTP 2 - 12/01/2019
CTP 3 - 01/07/2020

redbond1
Rookie Member

Postby redbond1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Also still waiting to hear something
OPP Auxiliary Cst. since June 2013

para530
Rookie Member

Postby para530 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am

This is very useful! I have been waiting also, and its nice to see they have not begun interviews yet. I did contact one of the aid emails asking about the status, and as of April 21st. they had not called but the " Screening company ) had completed its part, now the hiring manger reviewing before they make the final list of interviewees.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone,
Canadian Forces Airborne Engineers - Est. 2007

AngryScotsman
Rookie Member

Postby AngryScotsman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am

para530 wrote:This is very useful! I have been waiting also, and its nice to see they have not begun interviews yet. I did contact one of the aid emails asking about the status, and as of April 21st. they had not called but the " Screening company ) had completed its part, now the hiring manger reviewing before they make the final list of interviewees.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone,

Thanks! Are they omitting the testing prior to interviews?

para530
Rookie Member

Postby para530 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 am

I am also interested to know about the order of interview and testing ..

what does the testing involve? if someone has completed the testing before and could fill me in,,,

Thanks fellas.

AngryScotsman
Rookie Member

Postby AngryScotsman » Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 am

para530 wrote:I am also interested to know about the order of interview and testing ..

what does the testing involve? if someone has completed the testing before and could fill me in,,,

Thanks fellas.

Sorry, wish I could help. The last time I applied for this was over 10 years ago, so any information I could give would likely be out of date, incorrect or irrelevant at this point. Good luck.

Copper29
Rookie Member

Postby Copper29 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Just curious if anyone has had any updates on the last posting
Applied: 07/18/2019
Test Invite: 07/30/2019
SJT Test: 08/08/2019
Inter: 08/15/2019
Ref: 08/21/2019
Med & Prints 09/26/2019
CTP 1 09/29/2019 - 10/29/2019
Pysch Test & Interview - 10/30/2019 - 10/31/2019
CTP 2 - 12/01/2019
CTP 3 - 01/07/2020

para530
Rookie Member

Postby para530 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

hey copper!

as far as I know they are still going threw resumes.
everything I have seen sais this is the longest proses. after they select the top candidates and begin interviews, it goes by quicker.

Hope this helps.

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:44 am

This just posted over night. Any of us out there with a 310S & 310T license could re-apply. This is a very short posting that closes July 6. Might provide some insight as to when we may start receiving new this competition is moving forward.

Apply By: Thursday, July 6, 2017 11:59 pm EDT Print this pagePRINT
TRANSPORTATION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WITH MECHANICAL LICENSE

Organization: Ministry of Transportation
Division: Road User Safety
City: Callander
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 06003 - Transport Enforcement Officer 2
Salary: $1,182.65 - $1,334.55 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitionsPosting Status: Open
Job ID: 109402 Apply Online
View Job Description
Do you have the expertise needed to enforce and ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, and industry standards pertinent to the legal operation of vehicles on Ontario's highways? Do you have a passion for serving the public? Are you eager to join the front line of enforcement? If so, please consider this career in the law and security field as a uniformed officer with the Ministry of Transportation.

What can I expect to do in this role?

In this job, you will:
• Interact with members of the public and drivers to promote safe operation of commercial vehicles on the province's highways
• Perform detailed inspections and examinations of commercial vehicles and verify compliance with legislative requirements
• Enforce the application of those requirements by determining the appropriate action in cases where the drivers and or vehicles are not in compliance
• Compile reports, gather evidence and information for prosecution and act as a Crown witness
• Provide information and advice to stakeholders and educate drivers and the public on the legislative requirements and policies related to transportation safety

Note: This position requires you to work alone or in a team environment on rotating 24/7 shifts including weekends/statutory holidays. You must be able to conduct inspections of drivers and vehicles, operate weight equipment, utilize ramps and inspect vehicles in all weather conditions.

How do I qualify?

Mandatory
• Valid class G Ontario driver's license or equivalent as recognized by the province of Ontario
• You must be able to successfully complete MTO training courses, including self defense and Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) training
• Valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification 310S and 310T

Problem Solving Skills and Judgement
• You have strong problem solving skills to identify underlying issues, link issues with regulatory requirements and recommend appropriate corrective measures to address challenging situations
• You can identify and take necessary, appropriate and timely action in response to complex and/or critical issues
• You have judgement to evaluate and consider situational factors to make independent, timely decisions that align with policies, procedures and legislation.

Enforcement and Compliance Expertise
• You have experience identifying situations of non-compliance and assessing the associated level of risk to determine appropriate corrective measures to achieve appropriate outcomes
• You can accurately interpret, apply and enforce policies, procedures and legislation, and relay compliance-related information to others

Concern for Quality and Standards
• You have integrity to ensure your actions are consistent with organizational values, policies and codes of conduct
• You are able to monitor and evaluate work quality and processes against policies, standards and regulations

Communication and Relationship Management Skills
• You have oral communication and active listening skills to explain complex policies, procedures and techniques and to help ensure information is understood
• You have written communication skills to accurately document information and prepare reports
• You have experience developing and maintaining harmonious relationships, providing direction to diverse internal and external clients and responding in an appropriate and professional manner
• You can influence and persuade others to adopt a specific course of action
• You have the ability to identify potential conflicts, facilitate open and constructive dialogue, and proactively address and diffuse potential issues

Specialized Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of vehicle enforcement policies, procedures, pertinent provincial and federal legislation and regulations
• You have knowledge of judicial procedures and rules of evidence
• You are proficient with common office software applications (email, word processing, data entry)
• You have basic mathematical skills to examine records for compliance and measure and calculate weight limits

Additional Information:

Address:
1 Permanent, 1681 Hwy 11 S, Callander, North Region, General Screening Requirement
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule: 3.7
Category: Inspections and Investigations
Posted on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Note:
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.

You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)

A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
W-MT-109402/17