Halton Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

kated
Rookie Member

Re: Halton Regional Police

Postby kated » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:44 am

Hello everyone, I have recently applied to Halton and heard back just a day later to attend PBQ in January, I have been through the process with OPP and a few other's and have never been asked to fill out paper work prior to the session date. Can anyone explain what happens when I get there? how long is it? Are there questions about the service as well? Do you meet with anyone? Are there more background questions?

Toronto1985
Sage Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:06 am

kated wrote:Hello everyone, I have recently applied to Halton and heard back just a day later to attend PBQ in January, I have been through the process with OPP and a few other's and have never been asked to fill out paper work prior to the session date. Can anyone explain what happens when I get there? how long is it? Are there questions about the service as well? Do you meet with anyone? Are there more background questions?
You're simply doing your PBQ. After the PBQ you may or may not meet with someone to clarify anything that needs clarification from your PBQ. That's it.

If they like your PBQ, they will call you to do the the LFI at a later date.

Good luck.
Border Services Officer

futuretps41

Postby futuretps41 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:14 am

kated wrote:Hello everyone, I have recently applied to Halton and heard back just a day later to attend PBQ in January, I have been through the process with OPP and a few other's and have never been asked to fill out paper work prior to the session date. Can anyone explain what happens when I get there? how long is it? Are there questions about the service as well? Do you meet with anyone? Are there more background questions?
No its strictly a PBQ about yourself.
After you write it, you might have small-talk with the recruiters to clarify it.

Halton is fast, they usually tell you by the end of the day, if your moving to LFI.

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:17 pm

futuretps41 wrote:
No its strictly a PBQ about yourself.
After you write it, you might have small-talk with the recruiters to clarify it.

Halton is fast, they usually tell you by the end of the day, if your moving to LFI.

Thank you for your reply :)

I<3avocados
Rookie Member

Postby I<3avocados » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Are you going on the 13th?

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 am

I<3avocados wrote:
Are you going on the 13th?

Yes I am :)

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Moving on with Halton to LFI it is so refreshing not to wait weeks/months for results. Any advice for Lfi stage?

futuretps41

Postby futuretps41 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Everything you ever need to know to pass any LFI is found on that services about pages.

You dont need any outside research.

Colts99
Rookie Member

Postby Colts99 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Has anyone recently applied to Halton or have advanced within their hiring process?

prco
Rookie Member

Postby prco » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:22 pm

dontgiveup wrote:Hey everyone, I applied with Halton Police about 2 weeks ago. I received a call on Thursday for an interview. Since I am out of town, I have the LFI booked on Feb 17, ECI on the 18th, and medical and psych booked on the 19th, all tentatively of course, providing that I pass each one. Good luck to all.
Does anyone know if this is common practice for "out of towners" ?

RobLScott
Rookie Member

Postby RobLScott » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14 am

kated wrote:Moving on with Halton to LFI it is so refreshing not to wait weeks/months for results. Any advice for Lfi stage?
I would say spend as much time on their website as you can. I passed the LFI in the summer of 2015 and I credit a lot of that to how much "useless" information about the service I had stored in my head and was able to pull out when answering questions. Any time you answer a question make it real life and relevant to a career with Halton. If you are passionate about a specific field or unit (K-9, human trafficking and vice, etc...), reference it. Show that you've thought about and 'planned out' what your career with Halton would actually look like. Pull as many relevant life experiences as you can when answering questions. Even if they don't ask directly, show how what you've done/learned has specifically prepared you for this job... And of course make sure you memorize the mission vision values statements...

Good luck!

alexgue89

Postby alexgue89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 am

I have my PBQ with HRPS in May, just wondering if anyone has been through the process recently? And what your experience with Halton has been like?

Wheels28

Postby Wheels28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am

alexgue89 wrote:I have my PBQ with HRPS in May, just wondering if anyone has been through the process recently? And what your experience with Halton has been like?
I went through the process with HRPS last summer. It was a positive experience and I learned a lot. They kept things moving quickly, never really leaving you wondering how you did for too long. I was unsuccessful with the LFI, but the officer took time afterwards to give me advice on where to focus my improvement efforts for other applications or reapplying after a year. Good luck!

alexgue89

Postby alexgue89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Wheels28 wrote:
alexgue89 wrote:I have my PBQ with HRPS in May, just wondering if anyone has been through the process recently? And what your experience with Halton has been like?
I went through the process with HRPS last summer. It was a positive experience and I learned a lot. They kept things moving quickly, never really leaving you wondering how you did for too long. I was unsuccessful with the LFI, but the officer took time afterwards to give me advice on where to focus my improvement efforts for other applications or reapplying after a year. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience, it sounds like you did learn from it as you have gotten really far with OPP.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:17 pm

I went in for the PBQ and got rejected 14 hours later.
"Hard truths cut both ways"