RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SullyBrown » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:32 pm

azims wrote:
SullyBrown wrote:Hey everyone,

Question. Does everyone who applies get invited to write the RCMP entrance exam?

As long as you meet the basic requirements posted on careers page. Yes !!
It's highly advised to familiarize yourself with the current recruiting process....

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the insight. I actually already applied on Monday of this week and got invited to write the entrance exam the next day. Exam booked for July 24th.

One step at a time.

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:59 am

Last edited by SullyBrown on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:53 am

SullyBrown wrote:Another question for you guys.

About a year and a half ago, I went to Niagara Falls for a buddy's birthday and we smoked some weed. I hadn't done drugs for at least a year prior to that and haven't done drugs since either.

I read on a thread here that RCMP has a 3 year no drug policy. Having said that, being that the last time I did drugs was that year and a half ago, would I automatically be deferred based on the 3 year policy?

Thanks.

Maybe. Answer honestly.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:53 pm

SullyBrown wrote:Another question for you guys.

About a year and a half ago, I went to Niagara Falls for a buddy's birthday and we smoked some weed. I hadn't done drugs for at least a year prior to that and haven't done drugs since either.

I read on a thread here that RCMP has a 3 year no drug policy. Having said that, being that the last time I did drugs was that year and a half ago, would I automatically be deferred based on the 3 year policy?

Thanks.

I think it's 1 yr drug free policy... ask Caroline...
..keep in mind its a public forum and we dont need/want to know your extracurricular activities....the recruiter does....!

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Last edited by SullyBrown on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UBIQUE81
Rookie Member

Postby UBIQUE81 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Geogreen wrote:
KaterGator wrote:I'm most likely overthinking this, but my Driving Record I ordered from Service Ontario is only 1 page... checklist says 2 pages :S.

I had the same thing, I don't believe it to be an issue. I sent my 1 page in with my SP and I haven't heard anything back stating it was insufficient. I think the longer the record (more pages) the worse it'll look.

Mine was 2 pages, 1st one being a certificate with a stamp.

KaterGator
Rookie Member

Postby KaterGator » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 am

UBIQUE81 wrote:
Geogreen wrote:
KaterGator wrote:I'm most likely overthinking this, but my Driving Record I ordered from Service Ontario is only 1 page... checklist says 2 pages :S.

I had the same thing, I don't believe it to be an issue. I sent my 1 page in with my SP and I haven't heard anything back stating it was insufficient. I think the longer the record (more pages) the worse it'll look.

Mine was 2 pages, 1st one being a certificate with a stamp.

Thanks! I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago and it was received, now my recruiter reopened my epost link again on the 5th, so nowwww I wait for my rmaq.
ON Applicant
REINSERTION NOTICE: 10-JUN-16
REC'D SP: 16-JUN-16
SP SENT: 21-JUN-16
RMAQ: 05-DEC-16
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SUIT -
SC -
TROOP -

Beaton32
Rookie Member

Postby Beaton32 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Just got the call this morning! It's been a long year, but worth it. Is there anybody here in Troop 10?

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Beaton32 wrote:Just got the call this morning! It's been a long year, but worth it. Is there anybody here in Troop 10?

Ha, You took my spot. And I actually mean that. I was in troop 10, set to fly out Sunday and yesterday I had to have surgery to have my appendix removed. I was told that I need my doc to sign off, then see the RCMP's doctor to sign off and I will be given another troop.

There is a thread specifically for this troop. Message the op in it and he can lead you to the what's app group.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37676
K division.

Beaton32
Rookie Member

Postby Beaton32 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Wow that sounds brutal. I'll be sure to use your spot wisely!

Shawshank wrote:
Beaton32 wrote:Just got the call this morning! It's been a long year, but worth it. Is there anybody here in Troop 10?

Ha, You took my spot. And I actually mean that. I was in troop 10, set to fly out Sunday and yesterday I had to have surgery to have my appendix removed. I was told that I need my doc to sign off, then see the RCMP's doctor to sign off and I will be given another troop.

There is a thread specifically for this troop. Message the op in it and he can lead you to the what's app group.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Shawshank wrote:

Oh my, speedy recovery to you!

Had one a few years ago, and cutting through the abs made it suck for a few weeks, but after that first 2-3 weeks didn't have any pain.

Your time will come.. Again ;)

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:35 pm

alimartin wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

Oh my, speedy recovery to you!

Had one a few years ago, and cutting through the abs made it suck for a few weeks, but after that first 2-3 weeks didn't have any pain.

Your time will come.. Again ;)

It was done by keyhole incisions. Should be good to go in two weeks, hoping I can be fitted into troop 11 or 12. I would have gone for this one still, being stubborn, but I told my recruiter and this was the decision that was made and it is the right one, without a doubt.

I am glad it happened while i was at home, had it been while at Depot, I would have ignored the pain until the appendix burst which would have been a whole world of new trouble.
K division.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Mine was also done with 3 keyhole incisions. Don't they say not to lift anything for 2 weeks? If be surprised if they cleared you that quickly, as better safe than sorry. I couldn't imagine running the PARE just 2-3 weeks after my appendectomy!

I understand being anxious to get there, you've waited a long time!

Sunrise
Rookie Member

Postby Sunrise » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:18 am

Just submitted my Selection Package. I think my printer/scanner now hates me but I promised to buy it new ink if I become a Mountie.

Fingers crossed.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:55 am

alimartin wrote:Mine was also done with 3 keyhole incisions. Don't they say not to lift anything for 2 weeks? If be surprised if they cleared you that quickly, as better safe than sorry. I couldn't imagine running the PARE just 2-3 weeks after my appendectomy!

I understand being anxious to get there, you've waited a long time!

Two weeks for recovery. If I am there for the 1st that gives me three weeks of recovery.
K division.