AR15 petition

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Bitterman wrote:I doubt anything will change in gun owners favourite.
Now the so called experts at the RCMP firearms lab are spreading the lie, via the CBC of course that all the "military style" firearms in circulation are "easily" converted to fully automatic.....

Everybody panic..!!!!

Fer fuks sake...
Nothing more dangerous then people in a position of authority with a political agenda.
I hope Joe Citizen see's these morons for what they are.
all the rifles on the left..non restricted. the bottom 2 on the right..prohibited.. :banghead:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 am

I hate to say it but I think as gun owners in Canada we will see reclassifications of our firearms we own
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:49 am

Grassynarrows wrote:I hate to say it but I think as gun owners in Canada we will see reclassifications of our firearms we own
I agree..and I think our only chance to prevent it is to show non firearms owners the sheer stupidity of those in the RCMP that have their own agenda in regards to prohibiting as many firearms as they can.
Hopefully the Fudds will wake up and join us.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm amazed at how noone seems to have a problem with unelected people in effect making law.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Bitterman wrote:I'm amazed at how noone seems to have a problem with unelected people in effect making law.
most can't think that far ahead..

gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Postby gotchya » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:07 pm

Bitterman wrote:I'm amazed at how noone seems to have a problem with unelected people in effect making law.
Isn't every regulation made by an "unelected person"? Namely the Governor General.

Not to mention that federally the Senate has to give "approval" to legislation, it is not elected. There are a number of bodies that pass "laws" and they're not elected,for example the CRTC.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:01 pm

what surprises me is..Ontario which is the liberal center of the universe..has the most votes of any province.

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:59 pm

gotchya wrote: There are a number of bodies that pass "laws" and they're not elected,for example the CRTC.

AFAIK there's a huge difference between laws and "regulations".
I can't recall anyone ever being jailed for breaking a CRTC regulation.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Postby gotchya » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Bitterman wrote:AFAIK there's a huge difference between laws and "regulations".
Usually a law sets forward the framework and the regulation sets out the finer details. One pass through the legislative bodies, House of Commons, senate, Governor General the other made by the Governor General on the advice of the government. If there is a contradiction between the law and the regulation the law prevails.

At any rate, the regulatory regime you seem so surprised about is present in almost every federal and provincial piece of legislation and people do go to jail for failing to comply with them.
Last edited by gotchya on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

SteveH42
Rookie Member

Postby SteveH42 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 am

A.T.R. wrote:I'd be happy as a pig in shit.
I have 8.
That's way too much clutter in your safe. You should probably get rid of one of those...at a reasonable price.....to me....

Longarm9
King Poobah

Postby Longarm9 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:15 pm

I hope everyone signs this and forwards it as far afield as possible. We need as many signatures on this as humanly possible, not because I think the government will actually accept it and change the AR to non-restricted, but rather because it sends a message that may make the government think twice about pushing further draconian gun laws. If they get enough push back, they may decide it's safer to at least leave it at status quo.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:41 pm

gotchya wrote: At any rate, the regulatory regime you seem so surprised about is present in almost every federal and provincial piece of legislation and people do go to jail for failing to comply with them.

Not "surprised", just frustrated with...

We're fuckin' "regulated" to death in this country.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

Longarm9
King Poobah

Postby Longarm9 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Bitterman wrote:Not "surprised", just frustrated with...

We're fuckin' "regulated" to death in this country.
Very much this.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

Stump

Postby Stump » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Signed - and I don't even own an AR-15 :(

I agree, the RCMP should not be the ones deciding what is and what isn't legal.
Not their mandate to make the laws.

Stump

Longarm9
King Poobah

Postby Longarm9 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:38 am

Stump wrote:Signed - and I don't even own an AR-15 :(

I agree, the RCMP should not be the ones deciding what is and what isn't legal.
Not their mandate to make the laws.

Stump
We also need to have a government that stops listening to ignorant boobs who know absolutely nothing about guns, crime or anything else and start listening to groups who actually know guns and have actual evidence backing what they're saying when they take consultation on firearms related laws.