New RCMP Shirts

Discussion, ideas, and questions in various types of police equipment, clothing and uniforms.
Pete Broccolo

Re: New RCMP Shirts

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Regarding boots, I see The Canteen (yeah, yeah, to the REST of you its The Trading Post - SHUT UP ALREADY!) is carrying a good selection of winter, non-winter and non-winter CSA all-black / waterproof / tactical footwear now. Obviously S/M PATTERSON remembers actually working for a living!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Harbinger30
Rookie Member

Postby Harbinger30 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:20 am

VanSmack wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:Regarding boots, I see The Canteen (yeah, yeah, to the REST of you its The Trading Post - SHUT UP ALREADY!) is carrying a good selection of winter, non-winter and non-winter CSA all-black / waterproof / tactical footwear now. Obviously S/M PATTERSON remembers actually working for a living!

Yep, they are carrying a few different brands, most notably Han-wag. I still like my Lowas. Four months and still my favourite boots. I almost never wear my Danners or Han-wags any more.

They sell Hanwags at Depot now??

Braddock54
Rookie Member

Postby Braddock54 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:36 am

VanSmack wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:Regarding boots, I see The Canteen (yeah, yeah, to the REST of you its The Trading Post - SHUT UP ALREADY!) is carrying a good selection of winter, non-winter and non-winter CSA all-black / waterproof / tactical footwear now. Obviously S/M PATTERSON remembers actually working for a living!

Yep, they are carrying a few different brands, most notably Han-wag. I still like my Lowas. Four months and still my favourite boots. I almost never wear my Danners or Han-wags any more.

What model of Lowa's are you wearing? Been wearing the Hanwag Special Forces for coming on four years now and really like them but might need a new pair in a year or so.

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 am

Braddock54 wrote:
VanSmack wrote:

What model of Lowa's are you wearing? Been wearing the Hanwag Special Forces for coming on four years now and really like them but might need a new pair in a year or so.

FOUR years for boots?!

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:18 am

VanSmack wrote:
echo1 wrote:FOUR years for boots?!

If you're wearing really good boots four years is pretty average. I bought my Han-Wags in 2008, and the Danners I have in rotation now in were bought in 2009. If I was going out of pocket for the full ride on uniform boots I'd still be wearing the first pair of Danners I started wearing in 2006, they might have been resoled around 2011 or thereabouts, but otherwise they hold up exceptionally well. My Han-Wags look almost new if you don't look at them from the bottom.

Best I have done (am doing) is nearly a year for a pair of Bates, but they are pretty well done. My problem is always the heel area wearing out prematurely.