Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Tinman
Grand Poobah

Re: Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

Postby Tinman » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm

ewmedicst wrote:I'm sorry guys, I know this thread has been "dead" for a while. But after reading all this, I had to share.

Anyone know about the Aviva Community Fund? Aviva (insurance company) does a thing where organizations post for a donation, and people vote for their favorite. Based on the number of votes, some go to finals where judges (not sure on details here) pick the winners, and organizations are given anywhere from $0-$100,000 in funding.

Well. They tried.

https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf19963

On another note: I created an account JUST for the purpose of sharing this with you guys, but I think I'll scroll through and see what else this forum has to offer :D

Overview
Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service was founded on the basis of helping people when they really need it and has grown to assist at: MVC's, Event Medical Team, Missing Persons cases, and is trying to get the funds for SAR all is done for no profit or fee and is paid personally out of pocket, however the equipment we need is to expensive for us to get. We need AED's, heart maonitors, oxygen and other needed supplies, The funding would also be used for volunteer training as well as service vehicle repairs and maintenance. The funding would be appropriately used f basic needs and then other items that would b additionaly need to run run this community service composed of hard working and dedicated volunteers.

Please vote for a or a small community service to become a bigger and further out Multi-community service assistant.

Thank you very much,
Michael Edgerton
Chief of Operations/Founder
Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

I hear those heart maonitors are expensive. I have visions of them rolling up to someone on Trent campus with a bloody nose and chucking an AED on them.

Last edited by Tinman on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say what you mean. Do what you say.

ewmedicst
Rookie Member

Postby ewmedicst » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Tinman wrote:

Overview
Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service was founded on the basis of helping people when they really need it and has grown to assist at: MVC's, Event Medical Team, Missing Persons cases, and is trying to get the funds for SAR all is done for no profit or fee and is paid personally out of pocket, however the equipment we need is to expensive for us to get. We need AED's,heart maonitors, oxygen and other needed supplies, The funding would also be used for volunteer training as well as service vehicle repairs and maintenance. The funding would be appropriately used f basic needs and then other items that would b additionaly need to run run this community service composed of hard working and dedicated volunteers.

Wait... what? They're doing SAR now??? Are they buying a helicopter to put those lights on?
Not a member of the LE family, but a proud supporter of all they do.

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Tinman wrote:
Overview
Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service was founded on the basis of helping people when they really need it and has grown to assist at: MVC's, Event Medical Team, Missing Persons cases, and is trying to get the funds for SAR all is done for no profit or fee and is paid personally out of pocket, however the equipment we need is to expensive for us to get. We need AED's, heart maonitors, oxygen and other needed supplies, The funding would also be used for volunteer training as well as service vehicle repairs and maintenance. The funding would be appropriately used f basic needs and then other items that would b additionaly need to run run this community service composed of hard working and dedicated volunteers.

Please vote for a or a small community service to become a bigger and further out Multi-community service assistant.

Thank you very much,
Michael Edgerton

I highlighted all the errors. It annoys the living shit out of me.

ewmedicst
Rookie Member

Postby ewmedicst » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Stinger wrote:
Tinman wrote:
Overview

Thank you very much,
Michael Edgerton

Missed a few. Sorry, it bugs me too.
Not a member of the LE family, but a proud supporter of all they do.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:06 am

ewmedicst wrote:
Stinger wrote:
Tinman wrote:
Overview

Thank you very much,
Michael Edgerton

Missed a few. Sorry, it bugs me too.

Don't forget the run-on sentences.
:wave:

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 am

If you have worked as a first responder (Police, Fire Dept., or EMS) put that experience to use!

http://sfrrs.webs.com/recruitment

Lol why waste those skills with a police service when you can volunteer for these guys? :mrgreen:
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

BROVO26

Postby BROVO26 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:24 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
If you have worked as a first responder (Police, Fire Dept., or EMS) put that experience to use!

http://sfrrs.webs.com/recruitment

Lol why waste those skills with a police service when you can volunteer for these guys? :mrgreen:

Wow that application is intense, I wonder what the ploy test will be like. A polygraph is stressful enough but hearing his mom walking on the kitchen floor right above you as you are tested.....talk about PTSD!
It's not if you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

Why call an Ambulance staffed with educated Paramedics equipped with state of the art equipment when you can call two teenagers in a rusty Dodge Durango with WalMart LED lights and a First-Aid kit from Safeway?

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:53 am

http://sfrrs.webs.com/support-sfrrs

"Current donation total: $70.19"

:lol:

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Punisher-One wrote:Why call an Ambulance staffed with educated Paramedics equipped with state of the art equipment when you can call two teenagers in a rusty Dodge Durango with WalMart LED lights and a First-Aid kit from Safeway?

Not to be a stickler, but I believe the LED lights were purchased at Princess Auto.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:Why call an Ambulance staffed with educated Paramedics equipped with state of the art equipment when you can call two teenagers in a rusty Dodge Durango with WalMart LED lights and a First-Aid kit from Safeway?

Not to be a stickler, but I believe the LED lights were purchased at Princess Auto.

You amateurs! All this kit, and more, is available at your local Co-Op Gas Bar / C-Store! If you are living in the proper areas, you can even stock up on Saskatchewan Roughrider gear - nothing says Victim Services like entertaining the little ones while bandaging their boo-boo with your Gainer The Gopher hand-puppet (ok, I already KNOW what you sick beggars are thinking, so shut it down!)
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:You amateurs! All this kit, and more, is available at your local Co-Op Gas Bar / C-Store! If you are living in the proper areas, you can even stock up on Saskatchewan Roughrider gear - nothing says Victim Services like entertaining the little ones while bandaging their boo-boo with your Gainer The Gopher hand-puppet (ok, I already KNOW what you sick beggars are thinking, so shut it down!)

Can feed them some Roughriders chips too and give them a Mix Chix calender to browse through on the way to the hospital :mrgreen:
CX-1 @ Millhaven

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonka1990
Veteran Member

Postby wonka1990 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:56 pm

Every time this group gets brought up again .... :banghead:

I can't form any words to describe these losers... Can anyone assist?
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:16 pm

wonka1990 wrote:Every time this group gets brought up again .... :banghead:

I can't form any words to describe these losers... Can anyone assist?

Wankers? Ricky Rescue Wannabes?