Durham Regional Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
KRASHED
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 pm
Contact:

Durham Regional Police Service

Postby KRASHED » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:23 am

I don't have an inside track on this police service but I just happened to notice that they have opened up a new hiring pool for police constables (Open until 2015)

Is anyone aware of why they keep it open for so long unlike other services which have a short timeline? Does anyone know of how many officers they are looking to hire say for 2014?

Here is the posting:
https://recruitdrps.durham.ca/psc/HR90P ... HRS_CE.GBL
Ontario Police Constable

maverick87
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby maverick87 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I have been invited to a group paperwork session with Durham on the 18th of this month. Anyone else?

englishmanincan
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby englishmanincan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 pm

maverick87 wrote:I have been invited to a group paperwork session with Durham on the 18th of this month. Anyone else?


When did you receive the invite? I have been 'pending' with Durham since Jan. When I spoke to the recruiters they said its because they haven't had any paperwork sessions this year yet so fingers crossed I get one too!

maverick87
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby maverick87 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:31 pm

englishmanincan wrote:
maverick87 wrote:I have been invited to a group paperwork session with Durham on the 18th of this month. Anyone else?


When did you receive the invite? I have been 'pending' with Durham since Jan. When I spoke to the recruiters they said its because they haven't had any paperwork sessions this year yet so fingers crossed I get one too!


On Thursday I received an email!

Incheck
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Incheck » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:00 pm

KRASHED wrote:I don't have an inside track on this police service but I just happened to notice that they have opened up a new hiring pool for police constables (Open until 2015)

Is anyone aware of why they keep it open for so long unlike other services which have a short timeline? Does anyone know of how many officers they are looking to hire say for 2014?

Here is the posting:
https://recruitdrps.durham.ca/psc/HR90P ... HRS_CE.GBL


They're looking for 10 or 15 for December and 10 or 15 for April. They just got the approval to hire. Hope that helps.

Sully1990
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Sully1990 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 pm

I applied in April - May through their online application (Hope I did it right), haven't heard a word.
RCMP - Ottawa Area
RPAB - Oct/5/13
Selection Package - Nov/19/13
RMAQ - Jan/14
RMSI - March/14
Poly - June/17/14
Poly recommended - July/27/14
Background - Aug/5/14
Medical - Sept/18th/2014
FR - Complete. Dec/2/14
SC - January/21/2015
Troop 25!

Incheck
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Incheck » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Sully1990 wrote:I applied in April - May through their online application (Hope I did it right), haven't heard a word.



I did was at H.O and did the PBQ today. I applied last year around December.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:49 am

I applied a few days ago so I'm guessing I won't be hearing anything for at least a few months, if not more. Good luck to all.
Border Services Officer

maverick87
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby maverick87 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Just got accepted for my LFI and ECI interview for next week!

Sully1990
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Sully1990 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 am

Anyone apply to Durham concurrently with other police services?

I have yet to recieve any invites to initial paperwork sessions with Durham but was informed by another agency that Durham was asking about the status of my application with them. My impression was that this type of check was done in the background stage, but I guess it can't hurt to prescreen applicants. Hoping to here something soon.
RCMP - Ottawa Area
RPAB - Oct/5/13
Selection Package - Nov/19/13
RMAQ - Jan/14
RMSI - March/14
Poly - June/17/14
Poly recommended - July/27/14
Background - Aug/5/14
Medical - Sept/18th/2014
FR - Complete. Dec/2/14
SC - January/21/2015
Troop 25!

canadaways
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby canadaways » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Anyone has an idea what "Pre-background Interview" is and what they ask in Interview?

I know Pre-background questionnaire that must be filled before LFI/ECI interview but I was reading another forum that Durham also does "Pre-background Interview" after successful LFI/ECI.

Just wondering, any experience?

santacruz05
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby santacruz05 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 pm

I applied in April, my status is still "pending". Not sure what I did wrong.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Toronto1985 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:07 am

Does anyone know what the time frame is with DRPS on getting back to you after the paperwork session and letting you know about the LFI/ECI? Is it within 2 weeks?

Thanks.
Border Services Officer

User avatar
mack_silent
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby mack_silent » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 am

canadaways wrote:Anyone has an idea what "Pre-background Interview" is and what they ask in Interview?

I know Pre-background questionnaire that must be filled before LFI/ECI interview but I was reading another forum that Durham also does "Pre-background Interview" after successful LFI/ECI.

Just wondering, any experience?



It's exactly what it sounds like. They will give you a questionnaire about your personal history.
This includes many aspects, such as driving, financial, etc.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Zybero
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Capital Region
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Zybero » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 am

Toronto1985 wrote:Does anyone know what the time frame is with DRPS on getting back to you after the paperwork session and letting you know about the LFI/ECI? Is it within 2 weeks?

Thanks.


Based on personal experience and what most of the services I've dealt with say it takes around 1 month to move from stage to stage. Faster if they're pushing for a class. You also may not hear back for 1 year at which point your application is no longer valid and you can then reapply. Spend your time improving your competitiveness so you don't dwell on the calendar days going by.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allinthegame, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Highland2012, Zepedder and 12 guests