Freeman on the land lose in court

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Re: Freeman on the land lose in court

Postby BravoZulu » Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm

meathead1 wrote:
dataec wrote:....do they also refuse free health care?

No. Not at all. Everyone I have ever arrested has their health card. They would never do that as it would be a disadvantage, and they are all about scamming the system to benefit themselves.

How do you afford those large bills that they give you for their time when you arrest them? Or is that only in the U.S.?

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Thu May 01, 2014 4:40 pm

I have to say I find it fascinating that people like this somehow seem to get by, more or less. And that they truly seem to believe all this nonsense about secret government accounts and codes on invoices, etc.

It's like they exist in a parallel universe.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 pm

BravoZulu wrote:
meathead1 wrote:
dataec wrote:....do they also refuse free health care?

No. Not at all. Everyone I have ever arrested has their health card. They would never do that as it would be a disadvantage, and they are all about scamming the system to benefit themselves.

How do you afford those large bills that they give you for their time when you arrest them? Or is that only in the U.S.?

BZ

I laugh when I read it back to them just to make sure I understand how much gold I am required to pay them for "molesting" them.
I have one of their contracts somewhere. I'll try and dig it up so I can show some of you how ludicrous their demands are.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Thu May 01, 2014 9:59 pm

A lot of them are vulnerable people who end up taking a seminar on how the system has knocked them down. People who are mentally ill or have substance abuse issues and are susceptible to believing that they can scam the system. There are also a bunch, usually guys running the seminar, who just have no empathy for other human beings.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 pm

A common thread seems to be some sort of incident/situation where they have felt powerless against the "system" - courts, financial, family law, etc., and they were desperate for some sort of resolution, or a way to fight back. And they find it in those seminars that tell them they don't have to be burdened by societal conventions like paying taxes, following laws, paying debts, registering/insuring their vehicles...and that they aren't really broke, they have untold riches locked away in secret government accounts...

It gets scary when you realize how deeply they believe what they're saying, and I can't imagine having to deal with a couple of them alone on the side of a rural highway.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Minimum Wage Warrior wrote:A lot of them are vulnerable people who end up taking a seminar on how the system has knocked them down. People who are mentally ill or have substance abuse issues and are susceptible to believing that they can scam the system. There are also a bunch, usually guys running the seminar, who just have no empathy for other human beings.

I haven't seen that with the ones i've dealt with. The ones I see are just fucking losers who think they can pull one over on the system, and are dumb enough to think it will work. Invariably, when it comes around to court, they have been sorted out and go back to being relatively law abiding. Maybe I just haven't dealt with any "hardcore" freeloaders.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I've seen some posts about ones who've "won" in court, usually over something like a $2000 hydro bill, but they haven't actually won, the company has just gotten a judgment against them that is essentially unenforceable because they've got nothing to seize or accounts to garnish. Or it's been back and forth enough times that the creditor has basically written it off because of the legwork involved in pursuing it any further. And that goes into the "win" category.

CBK

Postby CBK » Fri May 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Don't recall all the details but there is an officer in Alberta that had a lien put against his property by one of these nit wits. It all got straightened out last I heard but yes, they sometimes do send you a bill for their time and have followed through with trying to collect.
:crazy:

Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Fri May 02, 2014 9:04 pm

meathead1 wrote:
Minimum Wage Warrior wrote:A lot of them are vulnerable people who end up taking a seminar on how the system has knocked them down. People who are mentally ill or have substance abuse issues and are susceptible to believing that they can scam the system. There are also a bunch, usually guys running the seminar, who just have no empathy for other human beings.

I haven't seen that with the ones i've dealt with. The ones I see are just fucking losers who think they can pull one over on the system, and are dumb enough to think it will work. Invariably, when it comes around to court, they have been sorted out and go back to being relatively law abiding. Maybe I just haven't dealt with any "hardcore" freeloaders.

I'm sure there is a good mixture of both. Just the ones I am familiar with it was part of a long history that included mental illness and general distrust of the public.

TR
Sage Member

Postby TR » Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 pm

BravoZulu wrote:

I forward my bills to Legal Services and the cashier at HQ.

According to the emails, Legal Services thought it was funny. The cashier, not so much.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sat May 03, 2014 6:01 am

CBK wrote:Don't recall all the details but there is an officer in Alberta that had a lien put against his property by one of these nit wits. It all got straightened out last I heard but yes, they sometimes do send you a bill for their time and have followed through with trying to collect.
:crazy:

There was also that incident last year were they squatted in an old womans rental unit, and when she tried evicting them, they registered a lien. I am not sure how often this sort of thing happens, but it makes me thing, that perhaps it should be a little more difficult to register a lien, especially if this is the tactic these people take.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:47 am

I can't find the one i had served on me, but here is an example of one:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/122570914/Template-Car-Fee-Schedule

EDIT: I found an even better on, at the bottom of this court case (Appendix “A” - Meads’ Fee Schedule)
http://www.canlii.ca/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat May 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Of course Meads is trying to get out of paying child support. What a douche bag.

Uh-oh.....I wonder if dissing him on the internet will get me a $2,000,000(CAD) bill. :smirk:

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:41 pm

It's so ironic. They argue that they don't believe in any of the laws or our court system, yet they take it to court to have an order made that they themselves argue they don't believe in and doesn't apply to them.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat May 03, 2014 10:01 pm

meathead1 wrote:It's so ironic. They argue that they don't believe in any of the laws or our court system, yet they take it to court to have an order made that they themselves argue they don't believe in and doesn't apply to them.

So true. They'll use the legal system to put a lien on some innocent woman's home but then when there are consequences they pretend like the law doesn't apply to them. Pussies.