Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Kat
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Kat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 am

boudz wrote:I'm in Ontario and things have gotten quiet. Last step I did was the medical in August. Not a word since. But I'm very grateful to have reached the steps I have and though I was delusional for awhile (spent all of August believing I would be doing my online training by now), I am over that false sense of hope and have settled down to wait some more! :P Good luck all!

pdubbu wrote:I've heard that there are a bunch of ctp's in house now, and more to come. In your case you might hear and start online in November, but you never know.

A guy I was talking to mentioned that over the next while there are at least 2 ctp's in house, then in the new year 3 at some points. Not sure where he got his information, so it's not 100% legit.

I have a similar time line as boudz. Haven't heard a thing about the medical if I passed or not or when I will start. I know one other person who did the medical the same day as me and she hasn't heard anything either (Kingston, ON area).

I recently did my first aid / cpr level C with AED so I don't have to worry about it down the road.

Glad to hear there are more trainings starting. Hopefully I will hear about mine soon.

The only good thing is for me not starting yet is I am not going to miss my brother in laws wedding in Vegas now. ;) When I did my interview and medical I thought I would be starting soon after and we had already had our tripped booked. I was going to stay home for training while my husband went to Vegas without me for the wedding. I am glad I can still go in a couple weeks.

graingirl
Rookie Member

Postby graingirl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Whitebrown wrote:
0010010 wrote:I got stage 1 at the end of the month. I'm nervous :@

What's stage one? Is that the online?

Stage 1 - 4 weeks online training
Stage 2 - 2 weeks workbook and time to get stuff in order
Stage 3 - in class training (8 weeks i think)
Stage 4 - OJT (2 weeks i think)

Thats how its been laid out to me and i am currently in the middle of stage 2, start stage 3 Oct 3rd.
Applied: April 2011
Interviews: July 2011
Offer to CTP: August 2011
Online training: August 22, 2011
In class: October 3, 2011
OJT: December 8, 2011
Hired: December 8, 2011

graingirl
Rookie Member

Postby graingirl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:01 pm

0010010 wrote:I got stage 1 at the end of the month. I'm nervous :@

Coming from someone who just finished the Stage 1 exam last monday....just make sure you have done all the work involved in the modules and review a bit before and you should be good to go. :)

graingirl
Rookie Member

Postby graingirl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:10 pm

TypeK wrote:hey guys, i'm sure this question has been answered before but i can't locate it :banghead: ...if anyone can tell me around what page i can find the answer or just simply answer this for me: what has been the average time frame between the interview and the time references have been contacted? thanks!

Pac Region
Applied April 2011
In house testing May 2011
Interview July 7, 2011
References checked 2 - 3 weeks after interview
Offer to CTP Aug 8th 2011
Medical booked for sept 15th, 2011
Stage 1 started Aug 22,2011
Stage 1 exam Sept 19,2011
Stage 2 started Sept 19,2011
Stage 3 scheduled to start Oct 3, 2011
OJT scheduled to start Nov 28, 2011

But as others have said it depends on the region and also who they offer CTP to etc. We were told there is another one from i think the prairie region starting Stage 1 when we start Stage 3 and they will be coming out to Pac region to complete the classroom portion etc but be employed in the Prairie region. But who knows thats just heresay too...just sit back and relax and wait for your email/calls oh and in the meantime SAVE $$. Good luck!!

Pilgrim11
Rookie Member

Postby Pilgrim11 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Noted. Things seem to be fairly quiet lately on the application / interview / CTP front..... any applicants have recent news on their stage in the process? Any word in the Ontario region on new classes starting?

Interviewed in May11, June medical, confirmation of medical in July....I was notified 1 1/2 weeks ago and invited to online training for the beginning of this week, then Classroom training 2nd week of Nov in Kingston. Anyone else scheduled for this class?

Almc
Rookie Member

Postby Almc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I just received my offer to start ctp. Saskatoon November 26th! Anyone else?

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:39 pm

I just did my interview a few days ago for Prairie.. so nope, no offer for me yet almc :) Hopefully coming eventually though! Just curious, where did they offer you ? When did you do your interview?
Correctional Service of Canada
Graduated: February, 2012

Almc
Rookie Member

Postby Almc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Mully wrote:I just did my interview a few days ago for Prairie.. so nope, no offer for me yet almc :) Hopefully coming eventually though! Just curious, where did they offer you ? When did you do your interview?

I was offered Bowden (1st choice) since I live within 40 km. I had my interview august 19th. So just wait! It was approx. 10 days after they checked my references that I received the offer. So just wait a month! Best of luck.

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Ya I was kinda guessing it was bowden. At my interview they told me bowden had a big push on right now. You planning on living right in bowden or a place like red deer?

Almc
Rookie Member

Postby Almc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Mully wrote:Ya I was kinda guessing it was bowden. At my interview they told me bowden had a big push on right now. You planning on living right in bowden or a place like red deer?

I already have a house in Red Deer actually so I think I'll be staying put. It's only a 30 minute commute.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 am

Almc wrote:
Mully wrote:Ya I was kinda guessing it was bowden. At my interview they told me bowden had a big push on right now. You planning on living right in bowden or a place like red deer?

I already have a house in Red Deer actually so I think I'll be staying put. It's only a 30 minute commute.

I will be at Bowden if all goes well. And I was thinking Red Deer as my place to live. Can you send me a PM, just want to know about the city other than what is on the official website. :)
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:37 am

Where will you be coming from Nato ?

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Mully wrote:Where will you be coming from Nato ?

I will be coming from Chatham, ON.
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Polish your boots and iron your shirt and pants. None of this steamer crap. Take pride in your uniform.

If we can't have PT or Drill in CTP, I would expect excellent dress and deportment at the very least.