Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby RemingtonSteel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:02 am

shhhhhhh, I was trying to keep the number of applicants down :P
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

GloQc
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby GloQc » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:06 am

Anyone knows if there are openings other than Calgary?

HTP
Rookie Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 am
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby HTP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:41 pm

RemingtonSteel wrote:shhhhhhh, I was trying to keep the number of applicants down :P


I thought you were already with CP Police
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

User avatar
PHB
King Poobah
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 am
Location: Cowboy Country
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby PHB » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Those jobs generally go to recently retired cops or laterals. It sucks but that's the way it is.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

User avatar
Code44
Veteran Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:18 am
Location: BC
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby Code44 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:10 am

A guy that worked with me got one...if your not a retired cop i don't see why someone would want to get on. :crazy:
:wave:

User avatar
Sk82
Veteran Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:21 am
Location: AB
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby Sk82 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

I know for CN Police in SK, the position went to a current Saskatoon Police constable. They defiantly prefer the previous police experience. The non-police recruits they hired were all sent to Sask Police College for new recruit training with all the Sask muni services.
Police Constable

User avatar
RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby RemingtonSteel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 pm

The way it was explained to me by a current railcop was that if they are hiring 1-2 officers, it's not worth their while to train them and they'll restrict hiring to only currently serving officers. If they are hiring 10+ officers, it becomes more worth while to do a recruit course. I know the last CN Course (2008), all of the hires were non police officers. Obviously serving officers do have a leg up on non police applicants, but hey you can't get what you want by not applying for it.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

User avatar
Sk82
Veteran Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:21 am
Location: AB
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby Sk82 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Makes sense
Police Constable

noob01
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:06 am
Location: North York
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby noob01 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:40 am

does anyone have an idea to the starting salary/hr rate? I was looking at some previous posts regarding the last posting and it was minimal?

tks
KCCO

User avatar
PHB
King Poobah
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 am
Location: Cowboy Country
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby PHB » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:52 am

noob01 wrote:does anyone have an idea to the starting salary/hr rate? I was looking at some previous posts regarding the last posting and it was minimal?

tks


I don't know exact numbers but CN and CP are generally the top two paid police services in the country. Im not sure if that is the case with the new contracts coming out of VPS and TPS. I know last time I spoke with a CN cop (Three years ago) they were in the eighties.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

noob01
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:06 am
Location: North York
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby noob01 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:56 am

thanks.. I wasn't too sure.
KCCO

GloQc
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby GloQc » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:01 am

PHB wrote:
noob01 wrote:does anyone have an idea to the starting salary/hr rate? I was looking at some previous posts regarding the last posting and it was minimal?

tks


I don't know exact numbers but CN and CP are generally the top two paid police services in the country. Im not sure if that is the case with the new contracts coming out of VPS and TPS. I know last time I spoke with a CN cop (Three years ago) they were in the eighties.


Oh really?

Its worth making the move then!

User avatar
RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby RemingtonSteel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:22 am

Starting pay for CP is around 17-18 per hour. After 5-6 years they top out in the high 30s/low 40s per hour.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

User avatar
48highlander
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Kabul

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby 48highlander » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Current Collective Agreement for CP Police Service

http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/eng/agreem ... 00010a.pdf

Payscale

17.02 Rate of Pay Effective
Constables
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
1st year $18.036 $18.577 $18.577
2nd year $21.256 $21.894 $21.894
3rd year $24.476 $25.210 $25.210
4th year $27.698 $28.529 $28.529
5th year $30.916 $31.843 $31.843
6th year & thereafter $37.007 $38.117 $38.117
Sergeants – Probationary or Relief
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
$38.857 $40.023 $40.023
Sergeants
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
$40.329 $41.539 $41.539

User avatar
Transitpopo
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:47 am
Location: Wild Rose Country
Contact:

Re: Canadian Pacific Police Service 2012 intake

Postby Transitpopo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:58 pm

48highlander wrote:Current Collective Agreement for CP Police Service

http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/eng/agreem ... 00010a.pdf

Payscale

17.02 Rate of Pay Effective
Constables
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
1st year $18.036 $18.577 $18.577
2nd year $21.256 $21.894 $21.894
3rd year $24.476 $25.210 $25.210
4th year $27.698 $28.529 $28.529
5th year $30.916 $31.843 $31.843
6th year & thereafter $37.007 $38.117 $38.117
Sergeants – Probationary or Relief
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
$38.857 $40.023 $40.023
Sergeants
Jan. 1, 2010 Jan. 1, 2011 Jan. 1, 2012
$40.329 $41.539 $41.539



Yeesh doesn't look like the top paying to me.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 0 guests