Country Music

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
HD48
Rookie Member

Country Music

Postby HD48 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Do all cops listen to country music?

There's one detachment I have ridden with and the officer told me that every cruiser's radio was set to the same country music station.
“One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”

TheWidowsSon
Seasoned Member

Re: Country Music

Postby TheWidowsSon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm

HD48 wrote:Do all cops listen to country music?

Not in the Republic of Albania. :P
Proud to be a jail guard. Don't like it? Get over yourself .

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 pm

HD48 wrote:Do all cops listen to country music?

There's one detachment I have ridden with and the officer told me that every cruiser's radio was set to the same country music station.

And what detachment was this at? Location can very likely explain why every car was set to a country station.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:49 pm

I rode with three different officers during my practicum and not one of them was listening to country.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Chris B
Rookie Member

Postby Chris B » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:29 pm

If I could find a good country music station where I am now...I would listen to it.
Chris B
---
One should change their signature once in a while.

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:33 pm

A resounding NO would be the answer.

Some do, many hate it. Personally, it's far too depressing.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:42 pm

I can't listen to music while driving. Too many other things to pay attention to (3 radios, radar equipment, traffic, etc). If I had a partner who did listen to country, one of us wouldn't be comming back at the end of shift :twisted:

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm

I thought police cars don't have FM radios? I've drove a TPS car many times and I've never seen a radio in any of them? Is it behind the computer?

Chris B
Rookie Member

Postby Chris B » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 pm

I just like it because I can understand the lyrics. I can't understand the lyrics of other music genre especially on the radio.

I also don't mind listening to my passengers/drivers choice of radio station.
Chris B
---
One should change their signature once in a while.

Mark P
Rookie Member

Postby Mark P » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 pm

Country music is the only genre of music that I will spend any of my money on. CD's, clothing or concerts. I will still listen to other types of music on the good ol' FM radio but thats about it.

Again, it's the only music that makes sense to me. Puts me in a great mood everyday.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 pm

I seldom listen to music on patrol. I do like listening to the local cooky morning radio show though when I'm first getting warmed up for the battle.

CO

railcop
Grand Poobah

Postby railcop » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:27 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:I seldom listen to music on patrol. I do like listening to the local cooky morning radio show though when I'm first getting warmed up for the battle.

CO

Good grief Charlie Brown, they make my ears bleed.
railcop
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:26 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:I rode with three different officers during my practicum and not one of them was listening to country.

Oh wait. I lied. One shift the radio was briefly tuned in to the country station. The only song I actually remember was Brad Paisley's "I'm Still a Guy." I...love...that...song. It makes me want to :cry: I'm so tired of all these sissy "men" who own more cosmetics and hair products than me.
Sed libera nos a malo.

T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:17 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:I rode with three different officers during my practicum and not one of them was listening to country.

Oh wait. I lied. One shift the radio was briefly tuned in to the country station. The only song I actually remember was Brad Paisley's "I'm Still a Guy." I...love...that...song. It makes me want to :cry: I'm so tired of all these sissy "men" who own more cosmetics and hair products than me.

Well from what I have seen on youtube, you do not own any so that is not a fair comparison. :crazy:
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:28 am

T.M.DIESEL wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:

Well from what I have seen on youtube, you do not own any so that is not a fair comparison. :crazy:

Actually, I own tonnes of make-up, most of which I don't wear. You know all those girls who cake on the make-up that they look more like their face is painted on? I don't wear make-up like that. I wear it modestly and go for the enhancement of my facial features. I don't wear make-up all the time. I don't really see the need to. I can wake-up in the morning and do my entire morning routine, including make-up, in less than 30 minutes and I look fine.
Sed libera nos a malo.