Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

How many traffic tickets have you received?

Zero
35
26%
1
38
28%
2
22
16%
3
12
9%
4
5
4%
5-6
13
10%
7-10
4
3%
>10
6
4%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
SPC
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Postby SPC » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Nobody even bats an eyelash for 7kph over. What's the real story??

Lavics79
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Postby Lavics79 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:10 am

no no..im being serious. The ticket was only $50. I had it on cruise for a 100km/h and was going up the hill while he was traveling opposite direction and clocked me.

And seriously, I wouldnt be saying bs, I have nothing to gain really. Just telling you guys what happened. ;)

User avatar
TheWidowsSon
Seasoned Member
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Postby TheWidowsSon » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 am

There are all kinds out there....never say never.

Once, I was driving the Toronto to Cambridge 401 and came up behind an OPP cruiser in the right lane going less than 100km/hour on a clear, dry road.

I moved over to the middle lane and passed him being cognizant of my speed on my digital speedometer. I never broke 105km/hour and it took me a few seconds or so to pass the cruiser.

When I just cleared the cruiser's front end, the officer slid in behind me and turned on his lights.

After I pulled over, the officer (Sgt.) asked me why I felt it necessary to pass him when he was doing the speed limit.

It must have been a fishing expedition because, after checking my paperwork in his car for a few minutes, he returned to my window and, without saying a word, handed me my license, etc., returned to his vehicle and drove off.

No ticket, no small talk, no nothing.

Strange.........
Proud to be a jail guard. Don't like it? Get over yourself .

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 am

dusty wrote:
I`ve learned my lesson. 9 years ago got stoped for doing 97 on a 90 at 2am. I knew I was at fault and he was doing his job. So I was polite and took it and paid for it.


There must be more to it than that. I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for 7 km/h over.


Me neither. Even I don't get stopped for doing 7 over.

Maybe the officer was rather bitter that night and decided to have a zero tolerance for speeding. Or maybe he wanted to check to make he wasn't intoxicated, but he got some attitude in return and decided to get the pen out.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Lavics79
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Postby Lavics79 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
dusty wrote:
I`ve learned my lesson. 9 years ago got stoped for doing 97 on a 90 at 2am. I knew I was at fault and he was doing his job. So I was polite and took it and paid for it.


There must be more to it than that. I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for 7 km/h over.


Me neither. Even I don't get stopped for doing 7 over.

Or maybe he wanted to check to make he wasn't intoxicated, but he got some attitude in return and decided to get the pen out.


Not really. People say I have a temper of a fly. I deal with it and move on. No harm done.

User avatar
HwyBear
Moderator
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Postby HwyBear » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:12 pm

chief wiggums wrote:I have a temper of a fly


Maybe a "horse fly" those bastards hurt when they bite :evil:
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow"

Lavics79
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am
Contact:

Postby Lavics79 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:30 pm

HwyBear wrote:
chief wiggums wrote:I have a temper of a fly


Maybe a "horse fly" those bastards hurt when they bite :evil:


:P These things take out a chunk of your skin..not the best feeling.

User avatar
veritas_aequitas
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Trontarded
Contact:

Re: Traffic Tickets

Postby veritas_aequitas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Got my second ticket ever today. Got me at 81 in a 50 zone. Reduced to 55 for $27.50 and no points. Right around the corner from home and I hadn't done more then 10 over most of the drive. No excuse and I said as much. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Cheers to that guy for doing me a solid. Paid the thing ten minutes later online.

Oh, and howdy to all the people on here I haven't talked to in a few months.
va

Let the tard pass. ~ Jason Barr

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Traffic Tickets

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeah, a few months at least Mr. Lead-foot! :P
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
veritas_aequitas
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Trontarded
Contact:

Re: Traffic Tickets

Postby veritas_aequitas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:25 pm

And you got promoted or some such thing. Who came up with that idea? :thumbsup:
va

Let the tard pass. ~ Jason Barr

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Traffic Tickets

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:53 pm

veritas_aequitas wrote:And you got promoted or some such thing. Who came up with that idea? :thumbsup:


Has it been THAT long!?! :shock:

Yeah, that is so April's news... I just clean up some of the mess around here, do the odd lock when CO is away and opp2 is falling off her monkey bars... :P
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Traffic Tickets

Postby SD_SC1 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:42 am

veritas_aequitas wrote:Got my second ticket ever today. Got me at 81 in a 50 zone. Reduced to 55 for $27.50 and no points. Right around the corner from home and I hadn't done more then 10 over most of the drive. No excuse and I said as much. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Cheers to that guy for doing me a solid. Paid the thing ten minutes later online.

Oh, and howdy to all the people on here I haven't talked to in a few months.


WTF? They reduced that for you? 81 in a 50 zone is way too fast. I guess I can't complain, though, considering I've received a few big breaks myself.
Sed libera nos a malo.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests