Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

How many traffic tickets have you received?

 
Total votes: 0

User avatar
NinjaNikki
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Everywhere you want to be.

Postby NinjaNikki » Fri May 25, 2007 1:05 am

OPPAux wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.
They're a necessary evil, like lawyers :twisted: . You don't like them until you need them, then they are your best friend(s).
And then when you need them you better pray they don't screw you in some loop hole/crookery like the victims of Katrina. ;)
Image

User avatar
myers
Regular Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: burlington

Postby myers » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:41 pm

I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.
who dares almost wins.

User avatar
SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4922
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:18 am

myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.
It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Stinger
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:57 am
Contact:

Postby Stinger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:24 am

SD_SC1 wrote:
myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.
It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.
The innocence stops when you see the cop car, look at your spedo, and slam on your breaks.

User avatar
SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4922
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:08 pm

Stinger wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:
myers wrote:I was asked during my home visit if I had ever fought a ticket.
(24 yrs of driving and 5-6 tickets(minor speeding)
The answer was no.
I guess they apprieciate when one can accept one did wrong and not try to
fight tickets based on technicalities which costs officer and court time.
Think about it first.

Myers.
It's the person's right to be proven guilty in a court of law. Now, if you know you're guilty and you're trying to get out of it on a technicality, that's not good. However, if someone truly believes that they are innocent, then by all means they should be permitted to contest it in court without it being held against them.
The innocence stops when you see the cop car, look at your spedo, and slam on your breaks.
I'm referring to all types of tickets, not just speeding tickets.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Gard
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 6573
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:01 am
Location: In the Temple of Syrinx.

Postby Gard » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:30 pm

One ticket for having thick, gorgeous hair,

One for excessive mackin' and unnecessary stylin'.

That is all.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

User avatar
Z#
Seasoned Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Under the sky, north of the border.

Postby Z# » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:47 pm

:rolllaugh:

Oh, Gard. You make my mundane, internet discussion forum-filled day worthwhile!
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Stinger
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:57 am
Contact:

Postby Stinger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:06 pm

Gard wrote:One ticket for having thick, gorgeous hair,

One for excessive mackin' and unnecessary stylin'.

That is all.
Hey! Are you Jellin?

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7946
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:11 pm

I have had 2 tickets:

- First: Spring 1974 - Drive Without Due Care, reduced to Leave Stop Sign Before Safe, under the Ontario HTA, as the result of a collision. Occurred a half block from my High School just before classes began for the day. Hit a car owned by a fellow that had graduated from my HS a couple of years before. No injuries. Barely cosmetic damage to the beater I was driving; repairable damage to the other car. I had plead NG to the original charge, but plead G to the reduced charge;

- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.

User avatar
th
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: British Paraguay

Postby th » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.
A bylaw guy gave you a ticket for something you did while you were on-duty in a marked car???
You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink 'till that good girl sins;
You can even drink an ugly girl pretty, but you can't drink a fat girl thin.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7946
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 pm

th wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:- Second: Spring 1978 - Backing Around In An Intersection, under the Swift Current City Traffic By-Law. A citizen complained about my actions while I was in a marked PV after tagging them for Fail To Stop For Stop Sign. I plead out.
A bylaw guy gave you a ticket for something you did while you were on-duty in a marked car???
Long story, but NOT a By-Law Enforcement Officer.

However, funnier short story to the above answer. I did stop and ticket the Parking By-Law Enforcement Officer for Swift Current re Fail to Wear Seat Belt sometime before my regrettable moment. As I served him his $25 ticket, he glared at me and growled, "You better never park downtown!" I was so small-colon-clearing upset, I nearly went out and bought a brand new pair of boots just so I could shake in 'em!

Stannic
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:25 pm

Postby Stannic » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:07 am

4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.

echo1
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:49 am

Postby echo1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am

Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.
Nice forum opener.

User avatar
TheWidowsSon
King Poobah
Posts: 1923
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Ontario

Postby TheWidowsSon » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 am

echo1 wrote:
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.
Nice forum opener.
Ya, honesty -- We'll have none of that around here, young man!! :shame:
Proud to be a jail guard. Don't like it? Get over yourself .

User avatar
SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4922
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Postby SD_SC1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:02 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote: I did stop and ticket the Parking By-Law Enforcement Officer for Swift Current re Fail to Wear Seat Belt sometime before my regrettable moment. As I served him his $25 ticket, he glared at me and growled, "You better never park downtown!"
$25 for a no seatbelt ticket? What year was that in?
Stannic wrote:4 in total:

June 2000 (Ontario) - Speeding - 144 KPH in an 80 (reduced to 129 in an 80)

August 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to stop - Stop sign

October 2000 (Alberta) - Fail to wear seatbelt

October 2000 (Alberta) - Speeding 71 KPH in a 50.

The year 2000 was an expensive lesson for me.
Pfft! I've had more expensive years. ;)
Sed libera nos a malo.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests