Traffic Tickets

Police traffic discussion, ideas, and personal stories (humourous or informative).

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

How many traffic tickets have you received?

Total votes: 0

SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:31 am

Fry wrote:I had a perfectly clean driving record since I was 18... so a little over 4 years, until tonight!

I got a ticket for failure to come to a complete stopsign and passing over a median. Granted I coudln't see the median because of salt/sand on the road, I'm real familiar with the road but missed the broken line by about 20 feet. I'm not contesting the tickets, but I'm guessing this is going to kill my chances with recruiting. Nevertheless I'm going to call them tomorrow and let them know. I'm sure they'll find it anyway but it doesn't hurt to be honest about it.

I know of a few members with traffic tickets during recruiting but so close to the end right now... this just shows that I'm not even capable of stopping at a stop sign... this guy definately shouldn't police.
Jeeze! You've been told multiple times in the chatroom that this is not the end of the world for you. STOP FRETTING!
Sed libera nos a malo.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:23 am

Yeah, he posted that before entering the chat room, so you can Simma Down Now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOCxXoSAto
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

BruteForce
Veteran Member

Postby BruteForce » Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm

I'm going to update my status to 0 tickets 1 Verbal Warning 62 in a 50km/h zone (on my way to work) officer lit me up and happened to be a friend of mine let me off with a "slow the hell down".

Westcoast
Veteran Member

Postby Westcoast » Mon May 21, 2007 11:54 pm

Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D
Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W
animus opibusque parati

Boxer Dogs
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Boxer Dogs » Tue May 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Zero tickets for me. Got a warning once for going through a late yellow.

Chewie
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Chewie » Wed May 23, 2007 7:43 am

nkellof wrote:Zero tickets for me. Got a warning once for going through a late yellow.
Sinner.
Don't do what Donny Don't does.

SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Westcoast wrote: Don't bother asking about the first few years I was driving. :oops:

W
Now I'm curious of your first few years of driving.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Coke6pk
Grand Poobah

Postby Coke6pk » Wed May 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Westcoast wrote:Zero tickets in the past 15.5 years of driving. :D

W
If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke

Boxer Dogs
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Boxer Dogs » Wed May 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Chewie wrote:
nkellof wrote:Zero tickets for me. Got a warning once for going through a late yellow.
Sinner.
:D

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed May 23, 2007 9:54 pm

Coke6pk wrote:

W
If it was anything like my first few years of driving (back when I was invincible :roll: ) we could both be SD_SC1 Jr's. :)

Coke
I was no SD_SC1, but was far from perfect!

CO

SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:57 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:
Coke6pk wrote:

W

Coke

CO
I had my first traffic-related policial encounter when I was four and got caught riding in the back of our truck with my brother down to the boat launch.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed May 23, 2007 9:57 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:
Coke6pk wrote:

W

Coke

CO
:aye:

I'm with the big guy on this one... Been pretty good for quite some time now though! :angel:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

SD_SC1
Poobah Overlord

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:05 am

OPPAux wrote:
Moral of the story, don't speed.
In Saskatchewan a "simple speeding ticket" doesn't affect your safe driver points so your insurance doesn't change. When I asked why that was I was told that it's because simple speeding isn't seen as that much of a safety risk. :ponder:
Sed libera nos a malo.

NinjaNikki
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby NinjaNikki » Thu May 24, 2007 11:27 am

OPPAux wrote:Here's something interesting that I just found out last week, over a year since my one and only ticket in approximately 19 years of driving.

My auto insurance company is charging me a $104/year "Conviction Surcharge" each year for 3 years after the conviction.

So I got a $50 ticket and it's costing me $362 over three years because of one minor speeding ticket. OK, I'll accept that, I did it, no problem, I've learned my lesson the hard way and I'll take my lumps.

But here's the interesting part. I have a 7 star driving rating and this ticket did not affect that, however, if I get one more ticket within the three years of the first conviction, the $104/year doubles, so that's $624 over the three years plus the cost of the ticket, AND, my 7 star rating would drop to a 5 star rating which would increase my premiums by approximately $500-600 per year.

Now, I have no problem with this at all. The insurance company is a private corporation providing me with insurance and if they have the stats to justify charging convicted drivers more, so be it. But doesn't it seem like they are making, taking a second ticket to court a given even if I am guilty of the offence.

All I'm saying is that the system almost "forces" people to take tickets to court, because even at that rate a $350 POINTS guy seems like a bargain. Now I understand why so many people take tickets to court.

Moral of the story, don't speed.
And that's why most people fight their tickets (or try to) The insurance company doesn't care if you were convicted of doing 1 km over the limit or 100km. The surcharge is ridiculous. In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.

fjacky
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby fjacky » Thu May 24, 2007 2:09 pm

OPPAux wrote:
NinjaNikki wrote:In my book insurance companies are the scum of the earth, but that is another rant.
They're a necessary evil, like lawyers :twisted: . You don't like them until you need them, then they are your best friend(s).
As they say, If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers...... :D
!!!2008!!!