What a burn!! Chalk one up for the Good Guys

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

Postby Howard » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:26 am

Excellent job especially in light of the fact that none of the good guys were hurt in the face of the immense firepower packed by the "clients".
Howard
Poobah Overlord

Postby Rye » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:48 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
Poobah Overlord

Postby dmiles » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:20 pm

those idoits should have stopped at the new pot cafe opening up in montreal first..... :lol:
dmiles
King Poobah

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:39 pm

But hey, I'm not hurting anyone by smoking weed, right? I mean, c'mon man, its just a little pot, no biggie.

:cuss:
Sound familiar? Some people just don't get that there is a problem, and they're part of it.
Mark S
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby dmiles » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:56 pm

hey mark...do u honestly think those idoits up in kawartha lakes only deal with weed???i dont....and deep down inside you dont either....what they are doing is wrong and Im the first to admit that because they are SELLING....its not like they are sitting by a camp fire smoking a joint male bonding...just like we all do at the bar....so no matter what people will always find the grey area in life. Speeding 20km over is no biggie to some people too...but speed kills...so i mean if we all wanna split hairs here it would take all night....thanks for listening.... :lol:
dmiles
King Poobah

Postby dmiles » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:10 pm

oh also this issue really only made the headlines because those knuckleheads posed as police officers....marijuana busts happens all the time here in the Toronto region but never as big as a headline as this....
dmiles
King Poobah

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:59 pm

I don't honestly deep down believe anything because all I know is what I just read, which only mentioned pot. I do honestly deep down believe that there is a strong enough market for pot in this country that people will go to great lengths to tap that market.

But the entire point I was trying to make is that these guys are SELLING <b><u>because people are BUYING</u></b> so they can smoke it by a campfire with their buddies or whatever it is they do with it. The industry exists because of buyers. That's the only reason, there is no grey area here.
Mark S
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby CourtOfficer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:34 pm

Speeding doesn't assist organized crime, but everytime someone lights up a joint, it DOES. Bottom line. Light up a joint, support cop killers. No grey area.

By the way, rest assured that marijuana seizures worth $18million don't occur "all the time", even in Toronto. My hat's off to the fine work of these Officers and their work shouldn't be tarnished by a "ho-hum" attitude.

CO
CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby Rye » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:04 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
Poobah Overlord

Postby dmiles » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:20 pm

well this topic of weed has been honestly beaten to death by so many baseball bats already....if anyone here (i have said it before) has a beef with weed or any weed laws here...please write a letter to MARTIN CAUCHON who is the TOP COP of this country and his proposal to decriminalize MJ. Also some of the buyers are people who are terminally ill patients that cannot afford government prices so i dare anyone here to lecture a sick person here about it. So really enough of this weed talk because as my buddy on this forum once told me it will never end because we all are strong minded people which is good thing. Also, why isnt it ever steroids talk or something like that....u go to any local gym you can find roids at every corner....so cheers to everyone for being patient with me..... :lol:
dmiles
King Poobah

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:53 pm

dmiles wrote:Also some of the buyers are people who are terminally ill patients that cannot afford government prices

Can you back up this claim? I'm awfully skeptical that government produced marijuana is more expensive than what's sold on the street, since there isn't profit being taken off at every step, and no risk involved for which people expect to be paid. Besides, its a red herring. The drug trade is a bad thing even if a few sick people get cheaper pot this way, and I would tell a sick person that to their face.

Decriminalizing possession of marijuana will not make trafficking marijuana any more legal. It will however make charging people with possession much easier for police officers. The only downside to this proposed legislation that I can see is the perception that Canada is becoming more lenient on drugs. I predict that enforcement will actually increase. Unfortunately too many people (including journalists) don't get it. I still hear people saying that possession of marijuana is legal in Canada now.
Mark S
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Rye » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:26 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
Poobah Overlord

Postby gibamet » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:10 am

dmiles wrote:well this topic of weed has been honestly beaten to death by so many baseball bats already....if anyone here (i have said it before) has a beef with weed or any weed laws here...please write a letter to MARTIN CAUCHON who is the TOP COP of this country and his proposal to decriminalize MJ. Also some of the buyers are people who are terminally ill patients that cannot afford government prices so i dare anyone here to lecture a sick person here about it. So really enough of this weed talk because as my buddy on this forum once told me it will never end because we all are strong minded people which is good thing. Also, why isnt it ever steroids talk or something like that....u go to any local gym you can find roids at every corner....so cheers to everyone for being patient with me..... :lol:

Martin Cauchon is just anothr puppet of the liberal government. The former Minister of the CCRA he has no clue what is going on in the real world. His only personal opinion is the one he is told to have by the puppet master . Idiots...the lot of them in Ottawa. I'd rather have a conversation with the lint I pick from my belly button then talk to one of those idiots.

Signed..former Federal Gov't Employee
gibamet
Grand Poobah

Postby chad » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:41 am

Finally, Finally!
Somebody with the same opinion of those people as I have. Thank You..
Now that I am retired, I cant recall ever having worked..
chad
Grand Poobah

Postby dmiles » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:18 am

Martin Cauchon, moron or not hes still the boss...im not saying i like him or not but i accept him as the Justice Minister. Honestly its not easy being in charge as you will always have people questioning your every move. I keep goin back to Chief Fantino....FABULOUS work over his tenure so far in my eyes and many others BUT he still gets criticized for things he does or tries to do....so you cant please everyone....and being an employee i think its more productive to accept your boss and deal with it rather than complaining all the time....unless s/he acts on it instead of always being the sheep....people who complain should be the shephard for once and take some action but i do understand that most people in life are followers (just human nature)....cheers.... :lol:
dmiles
King Poobah

Next

Return to The Rant