BAZOOKAS vs. GRENADE LAUNCHERS

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Johnny Cash
Seasoned Member

BAZOOKAS vs. GRENADE LAUNCHERS

Postby Johnny Cash » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:17 pm

Personally I prefer the bazooka. More stopping power, better range. Overall a more versatile weapon for the street cop.

Discuss...

KL
King Poobah

Postby KL » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 pm

Man, there you go again! :twisted: We all know that the grenade launcher, particularly the type mounted on RCMP vehicles is the best! When are you backwards-assed Ontario cops going to get a clue?

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:44 pm

I think the bazooka is probably the better choice to defend your family from a tyranical government, cause God knows the Police are never around when you need 'em! :P

CO

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:49 pm

Remember the backblast from a bazooka means you can't use it in an enclosed space. A grenade launcher on the other hand can be fired from inside a room without committing suicide.

dira necessitas
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby dira necessitas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:13 am

I don't know... I would have to go with the RPG-7 grenade launcher. The mujahudeen had great success with this against the soviets. Far better then any bazooka. Since, like the soviets, street gangs are far more superior in technology and firepower then the average street cops, street cops may have to resort to guerilla tactics like the mujahudeen did with great success - if I may say so. :ak47:

Johnny Cash
Seasoned Member

Postby Johnny Cash » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 am

KL wrote:Man, there you go again! :twisted: We all know that the grenade launcher, particularly the type mounted on RCMP vehicles is the best! When are you backwards-assed Ontario cops going to get a clue?

That's fine, we'll face off opposite each other on the range some day, my bazooka against your grenade launcher, and settle it once and for all.

PaladinPup

Postby PaladinPup » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:47 am

Johnny Cash wrote:
KL wrote:Man, there you go again! :twisted: We all know that the grenade launcher, particularly the type mounted on RCMP vehicles is the best! When are you backwards-assed Ontario cops going to get a clue?

That's fine, we'll face off opposite each other on the range some day, my bazooka against your grenade launcher, and settle it once and for all.

Give my left *&% to see that. :twisted: :twisted:
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
(Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you)
- Ovid

Starsky

Postby Starsky » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:51 am

You guys can have your bazooka's and grenade launchers. I'll just stay near my anti-aircraft missle launcher :D

Mark S
Poobah Overlord

Postby Mark S » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:17 am

Sheesh, I bet you cops don't even know which bazookas and grenade launchers are prohibited and which aren't. :roll:

Remember that Missing in Action movie where Chuck Norris shoots the guy in the gut with a grenade launcher and he goes flying out of his grass hut and is laying there on the ground going "ugh... aghh, oghh...." with a big hole in him and then BOOM, the grenade goes off and blows him to bits. See, you can't do that with a bazooka.

I totally don't think its fair that the government makes us register our WMDs either. We're going to turn into the Nazi Soviets or something if they make us stick to conventional arms.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

dira necessitas
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby dira necessitas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:51 am

I bet there are a whole bunch of civilians out there who are WAY better shots with a grenade launcher then the police... have you seen everyone's performance at the yearly qual? Oh boy....

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:00 am

dira necessitas wrote:I bet there are a whole bunch of civilians out there who are WAY better shots with a grenade launcher then the police... have you seen everyone's performance at the yearly qual? Oh boy....

I'd go farther and bet there are a whole bunch of people out there who are way better shots than the police with anything.... ;)

RDMP
Veteran Member

Postby RDMP » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:06 am

Hang on hang now. It's clearly the grenade launcher as it can be attached to the bottom of your patrol rifle for those nuisance animals that are just too big to be put down with a .223 calibre rifle. It's much more compact that the bazooka(which is out dated technology I might add) and fits in the trunk of any police cruiser. As well the grenade launcher can be used as an indirect fire weapon to break up those annoying highschool field parties. Get with the times guys :roll: .
No plan ever survives first contact

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:17 am

RDMP wrote:Hang on hang now. It's clearly the grenade launcher as it can be attached to the bottom of your patrol rifle for those nuisance animals that are just too big to be put down with a .223 calibre rifle. It's much more compact that the bazooka(which is out dated technology I might add) and fits in the trunk of any police cruiser. As well the grenade launcher can be used as an indirect fire weapon to break up those annoying highschool field parties. Get with the times guys :roll: .

Remember too the variety of ammunition you can use with the grenade launcher.

Buckshot - if you think a 12 ga shotgun is impressive try a 40mm round.

Armor Piercing - no more problems with double parked armored cars (Vancouver take note).

Illumination - beats a flashlight for lighting up an area when someone flees.

Tear Gas - big crowd in line at Timmies? No problem.

I'm sure the fertile minds of Blue Liners will think of more.

:crazy:

Starsky

Postby Starsky » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:56 am

Bitterman wrote:
dira necessitas wrote:I bet there are a whole bunch of civilians out there who are WAY better shots with a grenade launcher then the police... have you seen everyone's performance at the yearly qual? Oh boy....

I'd go farther and bet there are a whole bunch of people out there who are way better shots than the police with anything.... ;)

No doubt that's because a lot more people are using their guns more often then police do!

Daryl
Location: A ranch...a ranch where the arms swing shoulder high

Postby Daryl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:36 pm

(This is fun)

Just b/c you know how to use either street level weapon, AND you may know how to drive, AND you may occasionally drive a PC, it in no way means that you will know WHEN to use said bazooka/grenade launcher.

Question...where would a triple threat retention holster for the bazooka fit on my belt? Does this replace the Taser?
Daryl