New Smith & Wesson M & P

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
mike55

New Smith & Wesson M & P

Postby mike55 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:40 am

New Smith and Wesson, looks pretty awesome to me...hopefully Peel stays true to S & W and switches to these bad boys

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

8)
LETS GO BUCS

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:13 pm

was checkin those out those are really nice
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:24 pm

Looks like a cross between a S&W model 410 and a S&W Sigma with influences of a Glock and Sig...Looks like a nice pistols that fit the hand well. Has anyone read any tests on this model?

INTERCEPTOR
Rookie Member

Postby INTERCEPTOR » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:12 pm

Essentially a Glock type striker fired polymer framed pistol. But with a grip angle more like a Sig P-series. The frame also has the mounting rails for lights etc.

A "so simple a monkey could fire it under stress" pistol, perfect for law enforcement! To me it's a Glock with a way better grip angle. I like it. After owning a Glock and a Sig, the Sig wins. But also after firing the S&W 5946 (RCMP) I like it best of all for it's very nice and consistent trigger.
Lions all the way!

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:10 pm

INTERCEPTOR wrote:Essentially a Glock type striker fired polymer framed pistol. But with a grip angle more like a Sig P-series. The frame also has the mounting rails for lights etc...

I don't normally post in this section as I don't have an interest in firearms, but this sounds interesting!! :P

What kinda lights can you mount on this puppy? 8)
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Road King
Seasoned Member

Postby Road King » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:27 pm

A guy at work just got the light for the end of his Glock, so we all tried it out. I found that when the lights were down and the light mounted on the gun was on, you couldn't see your three night sights and were thus using the outline of the front and rear sights.

Didn't like it too much myself. However, he advised that he thought the idea of the light was more for close contact and house clearings etc. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." --George Orwell

http://www.copshopcanada.ca

Mark S
Poobah Overlord

Postby Mark S » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:10 am

Using your iron sights should be more accurate than using you night sights.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:12 am

i want one of those new S&Ws
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

mike55

Postby mike55 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:20 am

Grassynarrows wrote:i want one of those new S&Ws

:aye:
LETS GO BUCS

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:37 am

This is one of the better Polymer guns I've tried. The recoil on this weapon is far less than other Polymer guns I've fired of comparable size.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Just went on S&W's website....the non-slip grip and grip angle look very comfortable. I'm a little out of the loop on new guns...how long has this been on the market for?

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:01 pm

im pretty sure it just came out in the last few months

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:49 pm

I think they started shipping them out of the 5th of December.
I don't really know how I know that. :shock:

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:58 pm

Bald Man wrote:Just went on S&W's website....the non-slip grip and grip angle look very comfortable. I'm a little out of the loop on new guns...how long has this been on the market for?

There are three options for the grip size as well. Which will thrill any unit/agency that will issue the weapon.
They are also starting to take into account that there are left handed shooters (like me) and have started to make ambidextrous mag releases and slide stops more common than before. It's also one of the first weapons I've seen that actually made a trigger guard big enough to allow duty/assualters gloves to be worn.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:16 pm

Mister E wrote:
Bald Man wrote:Just went on S&W's website....the non-slip grip and grip angle look very comfortable. I'm a little out of the loop on new guns...how long has this been on the market for?

There are three options for the grip size as well. Which will thrill any unit/agency that will issue the weapon.
They are also starting to take into account that there are left handed shooters (like me) and have started to make ambidextrous mag releases and slide stops more common than before. It's also one of the first weapons I've seen that actually made a trigger guard big enough to allow duty/assualters gloves to be worn.

What is it you do for DND Mister E?