What do you carry?

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
lndshark

Re: What do you carry?

Postby lndshark » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Lights wrote:http://www.centermassinc.com/ is the company that makes it and I have the safariland mag pouch, absolutely a beautiful piece of kit.

Lights beat me to it. Thank you, Sir :thumbsup:

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:45 pm

lndshark wrote:
Lights wrote:http://www.centermassinc.com/ is the company that makes it and I have the safariland mag pouch, absolutely a beautiful piece of kit.

Lights beat me to it. Thank you, Sir :thumbsup:

http://store.centermassinc.com/catalog/ ... 9f3916efcd

RGW
Grand Poobah

Postby RGW » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:48 am

Dave Brown wrote:
RGW wrote:An agency with a mix of uniform and plainclothes responsibility might choose a sig 229 or glock 19, for example, as a general issue gun, whereas a uniform-only agency might decide on the full-size version (226, g17) to maximize capacity since concealabilty is not a concern.

Sorry. If the guns were chosen by the largest federal agency in Canada for all other federal agencies, none of those above models could be issued.

Yup, the RCMP's love for the magazine disconnect limits the options. If ERT can do without a disconnect so should the rest of the force.

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 pm

RGW wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:
RGW wrote:An agency with a mix of uniform and plainclothes responsibility might choose a sig 229 or glock 19, for example, as a general issue gun, whereas a uniform-only agency might decide on the full-size version (226, g17) to maximize capacity since concealabilty is not a concern.

Sorry. If the guns were chosen by the largest federal agency in Canada for all other federal agencies, none of those above models could be issued.

Yup, the RCMP's love for the magazine disconnect limits the options. If ERT can do without a disconnect so should the rest of the force.

I promise that I won't get started on my pissed-off diatribe about how INSANELY STUPID a magazine disconnect function (using that term LIGHTLY) is.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 pm

mag disconnects suck
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 am

Grassynarrows wrote:mag disconnects suck

I would poo myself If I knew I had one in the pipe and I had to use it but couldn’t ohhhhhh man.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 am

It's happened.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Lights wrote:
Grassynarrows wrote:mag disconnects suck

I would poo myself If I knew I had one in the pipe and I had to use it but couldn’t ohhhhhh man.

Welcome to my life everyday. Our pistols have a disconnect. NHQ says its for safety, whos safety?

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 am

Lights wrote:I would poo myself If I knew I had one in the pipe and I had to use it but couldn’t ohhhhhh man.

Cst Dennis Stronquill. Trapped inside an RCMP Explorer while a trio of cold-blooded murderers opened fire with hunting rifles and shotguns. He was assassinated by a killer from a shotgun blast at less than arms-length away through the window.

His full magazine was found on the floorboard of the truck and the one round in his chamber was unfired.

No one will ever know if that one round would have saved his life.

(One of his killers is now walking the streets a free woman because her defense lawyer maintained she slept through the entire car chase, car crash and ensuing gun fight, even though a police officer states she was in the back seat of the pickup truck, frantically passing the two brothers loaded rifles while exhorting them to "Kill him! Kill him!.")

Rot in hell Laurie Bell.

Some people have Batman or Superman as heroes. I have Cst Brian Auger and Special Agent Ed Mireles as my heroes.

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

Wow, gives me chills.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 am

I run an ITW Fastmag Duty Rifle Mag on my belt, and I'm strongly considering running 2 x ITW FastMag Duty Pistol Mags on top of my Rifle Mag. Room savers...
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

What do you like about those over the Centermass offerings, Med Tech?

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

ITW Fast Mags rock. Seeing more and more of them at CQB matches, and on the front you can add another AR mag or two pistol mags.

Come with MOLLE and Belt styles.

When my plate carrier is done this is the mag holder I will go with. I kind of like them better than the Bladetech ones, but Bladetech is just as good.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

dira necessitas
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby dira necessitas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Where can you get these?
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

One Shot Tactical in Trenton or I know Tactical Products Canada has them in stock in Etobicoke.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.