AR15 petition

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

User avatar
Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Striker wrote: I don't know what the course is like now as I took mine a very long time ago..but the instructor I had went full retard and was subsequently "relieved of his duties"..
He was teaching that a firearms owner MUST carry a 36" long wooden dowel with him anytime he was in possession of a long gun to enable himself to verify the barrel on his firearm or any firearm he may come into possession of..had an unobstructed barrel. :dubious: :crazy:

Did he specify what kind of wood said dowel must be made of...?
No he didn't but the one he had was pine..maybe so it wouldn't harm the bore!! :shame: :mrgreen:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

User avatar
Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm

https://nncfb.ca/rcmp-reclassify-akdal- ... estricted/
This could help immensely..considering the only reason the AR is restricted is because of it's "look"...
They reclassified it because it is similar to the AR10 and not the AR15.. :dubious:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

User avatar
bigbadjoe108
Grand Poobah
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: AR15 petition

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 am

gotchya wrote:
bigbadjoe108 wrote:
As for a shotgun not being much of a deterrent, I would argue, very strongly, otherwise. Regardless of what the tyrants have, a potential victim with a shotgun is FAR more dangerous than one holding a protest sign.

And finally, saying the right to bear arms is only for muskets is like saying the right to free speech is only applicable to street corners and newspapers.
So are you suggesting that people should have weapons in every form they want? Should the average citizens be permitted to drive a tank, operate an F16, and maintain a nuclear arsenal just in case the government becomes tyrannical.

As for your argument that the shotgun is more effective, if you look at the countries where dictatorships have recently been faulted the person in the middle of the square has been far more effective at toppling governments that shotguns, see Egypt, and other countries in the Arab spring.
Yup, because the arab spring didn't have the backing of a bunch of dudes with AKs.

And if you wanna buy an F-16, have at her. And there are lots of folks out there with tanks and other fighter aircraft as well.

And if you read the papers, you have probably read that you can probably get your hands on nuclear stuff right now anyway..... that I am less cool with, but whatever, I'd rather go that way than spend the $$$ on tracking down every break action 20 gauge grouse gun in Canada. That is a complete waste of resources....

Ever notice that the only real mass shootings happen in gun free zones? You think that banning a bunch of stuff stops it's illegal use? Worked really well for Marijuana.
VVV

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Grand Poobah
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Re: AR15 petition

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Striker wrote:https://nncfb.ca/rcmp-reclassify-akdal- ... estricted/
This could help immensely..considering the only reason the AR is restricted is because of it's "look"...
They reclassified it because it is similar to the AR10 and not the AR15.. :dubious:
Well shit, I'm getting one.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

User avatar
Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:50 am

IndictableChaser wrote:
Striker wrote:https://nncfb.ca/rcmp-reclassify-akdal- ... estricted/
This could help immensely..considering the only reason the AR is restricted is because of it's "look"...
They reclassified it because it is similar to the AR10 and not the AR15.. :dubious:
Well shit, I'm getting one.
lol..I'd love to..but I have enough shotguns now..if that is possible.. :mrgreen:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

User avatar
Madeline236
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1261
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:53 am

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Madeline236 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Id sign but I'm getting a message on the screen "Service Unavailable" when I click the link.

Question though (slightly off topic), IF they reclassify rifles bought as non-restricted to restricted do I have to get a restricted license? Grandfathered? ( I have no proof when I bought it from a sales receipt anymore, oops)? Grandfathered to keep it but can't take it out of the cabinet and use it?

User avatar
Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 am

Madeline236 wrote:Id sign but I'm getting a message on the screen "Service Unavailable" when I click the link.

Question though (slightly off topic), IF they reclassify rifles bought as non-restricted to restricted do I have to get a restricted license? Grandfathered? ( I have no proof when I bought it from a sales receipt anymore, oops)? Grandfathered to keep it but can't take it out of the cabinet and use it?
Well..that is a crap shoot...
I had a 12(6) revolver registered to me for 10 years..and was suppose to be grandfathered in when Kim Campbell and her merry band of morons decided prohibiting "saturday night specials" would make gun violence go away.
Except I wasn't...so I had to turn it in, sell or give it to someone that had a 12(6) license, give it to a museum, ship it out of the country.. :dubious: or deactivate it.
You should be grandfathered in...should be.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

User avatar
Bitterman
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Bitterman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:32 pm

"Grandfathering" is nothing more than deferred confiscation.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Grand Poobah
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Re: AR15 petition

Postby IndictableChaser » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:14 am

Bitterman wrote:"Grandfathering" is nothing more than deferred confiscation.
Amen
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

User avatar
gotchya
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20

Re: AR15 petition

Postby gotchya » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:36 am

bigbadjoe108 wrote:Yup, because the arab spring didn't have the backing of a bunch of dudes with AKs.
False.

And if you wanna buy an F-16, have at her. And there are lots of folks out there with tanks and other fighter aircraft as well.
bigbadjoe108 wrote:And if you read the papers, you have probably read that you can probably get your hands on nuclear stuff right now anyway..... that I am less cool with, but whatever, I'd rather go that way than spend the $$$ on tracking down every break action 20 gauge grouse gun in Canada. That is a complete waste of resources....
So you're with a citizen engaging nuclear proliferation in case a tyrannical government evolves.
bigbadjoe108 wrote:Ever notice that the only real mass shootings happen in gun free zones? You think that banning a bunch of stuff stops it's illegal use? Worked really well for Marijuana.
Do you know the difference between causation and correlation?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
yak888
Regular Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Canada / Vermont

Re: AR15 petition

Postby yak888 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Signed. Now if only I could bring all my accessories this side of the border I'd be set :(
Image

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 5372
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Lake of the Woods area

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 pm

My favorite new term is variant
It can't be found defined anywhere in any legislation but being a variant makes something prohibited or restricted
Begs the question of what is a variant and how do you prove it is a variant
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

User avatar
Longarm9
King Poobah
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Longarm9 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:19 am

Grassynarrows wrote:My favorite new term is variant
It can't be found defined anywhere in any legislation but being a variant makes something prohibited or restricted
Begs the question of what is a variant and how do you prove it is a variant
SVD Dragunov is a perfect example. Semi-auto only precision rifle, designed by a completely different person, using a totally different operating system, with zero interchangeable parts, in a completely different and incompatible cartridge, bears a very vague resemblance to an AK...if you squint...and know nothing about guns - banned as an "AK Variant"
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

User avatar
Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Striker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Longarm9 wrote:
Grassynarrows wrote:My favorite new term is variant
It can't be found defined anywhere in any legislation but being a variant makes something prohibited or restricted
Begs the question of what is a variant and how do you prove it is a variant
SVD Dragunov is a perfect example. Semi-auto only precision rifle, designed by a completely different person, using a totally different operating system, with zero interchangeable parts, in a completely different and incompatible cartridge, bears a very vague resemblance to an AK...if you squint...and know nothing about guns - banned as an "AK Variant"
One of my would love to own rifles.
it has a look about it like no other rifle I've seen..
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 5372
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Lake of the Woods area

Re: AR15 petition

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:56 am

We need to challenge this variant garbage
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest