Shutting down crown land?

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Benelli
Rookie Member

Shutting down crown land?

Postby Benelli » Wed May 20, 2015 4:11 am

I found some crown land a few years ago (closer to the city) where I could target practise alone and away from people. I (like others) Pick up every single shell/case and try extremly hard to find everyyy piece of the object that was shot.
It Seems that a lot of people utilize this area now...so Il also clean up bottles, broken clays etc of what some have left behind. However, due to the indolence of some individuals, it's now come to the point where the ground is littered in shot shells, stripper clips, broken glass etc. :x
As a result...It's been brought to my attention that this area either may or will be shutting down for shooting.
Can this happen? :(
Dont get me wrong...a change needs to occur but from my stand Point it should be the actions of those individuals that need to change and not the land. If the actions don't change they will probably go on to do the same thing in another area.
The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.
~ Margaret Chase Smith

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Re: Shutting down crown land?

Postby RedcapCrusader » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 pm

The crown can do whatever it likes with Crown Land.

As the saying goes: "A couple of idiots spoil the fun for everyone else."

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:11 am

Is there signs posted to keep out?
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:15 am

I see you are from Winnipeg. I'm not sure which area you are speaking of but I shake my head every time I go out at all the mess the idiots leave behind and worry each time I'll show up one day to signs of it closed to shooting. Reynolds Ponds is the worst. How long does it take to pick up a hundred or so casings? Not sure its taken me more than 15 minutes, and if I can't find all mine I pick up others so I leave with what I came with.

The beer bottles get me the most. So you're out there getting hosed and shooting shot guns or rifles? I'm Amazed I've never heard of an accident. Oh, yeah and after getting hosed and shooting deadly weapons you drive home. Awesome! :dubious:

I suppose they could close it to shooting with signs but I'm sure they know people would just go to another spot and mess it up. Maybe they prefer one big mess in one spot rather than a bunch all over. Maybe people should just not be pigs and actually clean up their mess.

I'm not an expert but just FYI even if it is crown land you may still be subject to municipality regulations. For example I believe the RM of Springfield has restrictions on discharging firearms within its boarders, even if you are on crown land.

(Just saw the OP posting date on this one lol)