Regional Police to OPP

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
lineman4
Rookie Member

Regional Police to OPP

Postby lineman4 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:28 pm

A question for the OPP folks out there. Do you guys know if you were to get hired at a municipal police dept will OPP still accept your application and consider hire you? I've heard from a buddy that they are discouraged because they might feel you are set in your ways and not open to a change of policy. Or have some of you made the switch from the local level to the big leagues?

Thanks fellas.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Regional Police to OPP

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:39 pm

lineman4 wrote:A question for the OPP folks out there. Do you guys know if you were to get hired at a municipal police dept will OPP still accept your application and consider hire you? I've heard from a buddy that they are discouraged because they might feel you are set in your ways and not open to a change of policy. Or have some of you made the switch from the local level to the big leagues?

Thanks fellas.

Number one, why would you consider this question appropriate for the "Firearms" forum?

Reading comprehension is considered important for police officers.

Number two, why would you consider that municipal police agencies are somehow second-class citizens?

I am sure the officers you will be riding beside should you become an officer in one of these "minor league agencies" while you are waiting to go to the show, will take a great deal of offense at your attitude.

Number three, stop listening to your "buddy." They don't have a clue. Why are you hanging out with clueless people like that?

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Well they both carry firearms, so maybe that's why it's posted here? :ponder:

Looks like they have posted >>> HERE <<< too.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:04 pm

All the cross-posting in the world is not going to make his buddy any smarter.

A good applicant is still a good applicant. Smaller municipal agencies are still going to seek out the best applicants they can find; they do NOT lower their standards.

If one applies, thinking they are going to work there just long enough to gain experience and make the majors, they are going to have a very short career as a police officer.

Why in God's name do these kids listen to some "buddy" who thinks he knows something instead of talking to the professional recruiters who actually DO know a thing or two? Is this an indication of the lazy, entitled generation who want everything spoon-fed to them? If they can't find it on wikipedia, they resort to social media or their buddies. Sigh.

lineman4
Rookie Member

Postby lineman4 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Dave Brown wrote:All the cross-posting in the world is not going to make his buddy any smarter.

A good applicant is still a good applicant. Smaller municipal agencies are still going to seek out the best applicants they can find; they do NOT lower their standards.

If one applies, thinking they are going to work there just long enough to gain experience and make the majors, they are going to have a very short career as a police officer.

Why in God's name do these kids listen to some "buddy" who thinks he knows something instead of talking to the professional recruiters who actually DO know a thing or two? Is this an indication of the lazy, entitled generation who want everything spoon-fed to them? If they can't find it on wikipedia, they resort to social media or their buddies. Sigh.

Hahahahahahahaha take it easy you dirty old internet troll. You've clearly got issues that go way beyond

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:19 pm

lineman4 wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:All the cross-posting in the world is not going to make his buddy any smarter.

Hahahahahahahaha take it easy you dirty old internet troll. You've clearly got issues that go way beyond

Let me tell ya >>>> This dirty, old Internet Troll bites.
ex :mrgreen: EDiv RCMP A/Constable
Traffic.. still Rocks.

... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 pm

LOL!

Kids these days! A five second search reveals where you live, what high school you go to and a photo of the very large tattoo on your back.

I may be an old troll but I still have a vested interest in keeping my friends and colleagues safe, and protecting them from having to ride beside YOU is a real good start.

By the way, should you ever decide you actually do want to become a police officer and not just troll law enforcement forums, I have two helpful suggestions for you. One, don't insult the very people you want to ride beside some day. Two, watch what you post. When they ask you for your internet history, you are now required to tell them you once got kicked off a law enforcement forum for insulting police officers, trolling and insulting behaviour toward forum moderators.

But good luck with your career in the future. Feel free to come back in here some day when you grow up.

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:29 am

That's unfortunate, I missed out on all the fun.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:26 pm

What are you talking about? I OOZE sensitivity.

He just caught me in a bad century.

Besides, that is nothing compared to the look that would have come over a recruiters face when they saw his facebook profile, and saw the REAL person behind that innocent, if somewhat insulting, question.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

I personally want to give thanks to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media for making the applicant pool smaller.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.