Sig Sauer P320 Range Report.

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

HiPowered
Seasoned Member

Re: Sig Sauer P320 Range Report.

Postby HiPowered » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 am

Casey Jones wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:I just picked up a P226 MK25. One of the nicest pistols I have ever handled.

Casey....have you tried a normal P226R with the full Hogue replacement grips? I have a large hand (large grip with Hogue on my duty pistol) and that setup worked well for me. With the IOP you are in and around $850-$900 for a reg P226R.
I just bought a new gen4 G34 so I'm out for a bit. I emailed the IOP email I saw through MD Charlton but haven't gotten anything back.

My next pistol will be a sigsauer but I have to find an IOP that answers emails first.

Where did you get yours?
If you're looking at a SIG, try to test a pistol with the SRT (Short Reset Trigger) before you pick a model. It's a vast improvement over the stock trigger for me. I know the Elite Dark has it. I'm not sure which other models do.

Q-Tip
Veteran Member

Postby Q-Tip » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Punisher-One wrote:I just picked up a P226 MK25. One of the nicest pistols I have ever handled.

Casey....have you tried a normal P226R with the full Hogue replacement grips? I have a large hand (large grip with Hogue on my duty pistol) and that setup worked well for me. With the IOP you are in and around $850-$900 for a reg P226R.
Like the MK25 so far? Any regrets on it?
Thinking of picking one up this week, as I noticed it in stock locally.
Devil hands have been busy...

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:02 am

Q-Tip wrote:

Love this Sig!

http://youtu.be/MAYxX_TzQ2A

Lights
Grand Poobah

Postby Lights » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Went to get the P320 BUT they had this baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSsyNiwe-e0

Put a deposit on it and im getting the INFORCE tac light and the 10 round mags with the butt plate extension.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

Casey Jones
Poobah Overlord

Postby Casey Jones » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Lights wrote:Went to get the P320 BUT they had this baby

Put a deposit on it and im getting the INFORCE tac light and the 10 round mags with the butt plate extension.
Where'd you go? That in .45 ACP?

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Lights wrote:Went to get the P320 BUT they had this baby

Well that's a 360!

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:18 pm

My buddy just got a p320 and I am buying one this summer
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:02 am

Or ... save your money for a Glock 21 with a custom BarSto barrel, or a Sig 220; both in .45 Auto.

"Why do you shoot a 45?"

"Because they don't make a 50."

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 am

Q-Tip wrote:

Sorry I missed this.
I love it. No regrets other than the high-price tag. I wanted the anchor and I wanted the Navy Seal gun. That's why I dropped the money on the MK25. If you don't care about that then a regular 226 with night-sights will save you some money. Also the MK25 has a 1913 rail and takes holsters ONLY for the MK25. Normal P226R holsters will not fit.

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:39 am

Casey Jones wrote: I just bought a new gen4 G34 so I'm out for a bit. I emailed the IOP email I saw through MD Charlton but haven't gotten anything back.

My next pistol will be a sigsauer but I have to find an IOP that answers emails first.

Where did you get yours?
PM me and I'll email you the IOP.
You take the filled out paperwork in to a dealer with the gun in stock and buy from the dealer at the price indicated on the form. I went to Elwood Epps and they actually took 10% off the gun, which ended up costing me $5 LESS than the IOP said, but that's what I got it for.
I recommend Epps. It's a drive but the staff there is nice and they have a lot of guns in stock.

MD is not the best at responding to emails. I've waited a month. They respond pretty quickly to questions on Gun Nutz though. If you can ignore the anti-cop community on there it's actually a helpful website. Got some good ammo and gun deals off there. If you are in the mood to poke the tin-foil hat people then trolling a few anti-police threads can be amusing. People lose their shit in those threads and I laugh.

Casey Jones
Poobah Overlord

Postby Casey Jones » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:21 am

Punisher-One wrote:
Casey Jones wrote: I just bought a new gen4 G34 so I'm out for a bit. I emailed the IOP email I saw through MD Charlton but haven't gotten anything back.

Where did you get yours?
PM me and I'll email you the IOP.
You take the filled out paperwork in to a dealer with the gun in stock and buy from the dealer at the price indicated on the form. I went to Elwood Epps and they actually took 10% off the gun, which ended up costing me $5 LESS than the IOP said, but that's what I got it for.
I recommend Epps. It's a drive but the staff there is nice and they have a lot of guns in stock.

MD is not the best at responding to emails. I've waited a month. They respond pretty quickly to questions on Gun Nutz though. If you can ignore the anti-cop community on there it's actually a helpful website. Got some good ammo and gun deals off there. If you are in the mood to poke the tin-foil hat people then trolling a few anti-police threads can be amusing. People lose their shit in those threads and I laugh.
They actually emailed me the IOP form two nights ago.

I found a used TacOps for about $500 cheaper than the IOP that I may buy. We will see!

Q-Tip
Veteran Member

Postby Q-Tip » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
Q-Tip wrote:

Sorry I missed this.
I love it. No regrets other than the high-price tag. I wanted the anchor and I wanted the Navy Seal gun. That's why I dropped the money on the MK25. If you don't care about that then a regular 226 with night-sights will save you some money. Also the MK25 has a 1913 rail and takes holsters ONLY for the MK25. Normal P226R holsters will not fit.
Ended up pulling the trigger on the MK25, just waiting for the transfer to come through.
Also grabbed the sig 22lr conversion kit for a decent price, and a buttload of CCI mini mag. :pistols:

I was on the fence betweeen the MK25 and the P226 Extreme...mostly for the Short reset trigger on the extreme.
You can buy the SRT kits for the 226, but they seem to be sold out everywhere I've looked...but simply knowing i can drop one in my MK25 I'm happy.
Devil hands have been busy...

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Short reset triggers are overrated unless you are a high-speed competition shooter IMHO.

HiPowered
Seasoned Member

Postby HiPowered » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Punisher-One wrote:Short reset triggers are overrated unless you are a high-speed competition shooter IMHO.
I don't agree - I'm no high speed competitor but it feels like a significant improvement to me. I'd say it's just an objectively better trigger, but everyone has to weigh the cost/benefit for themselves.

WN85
Seasoned Member

Postby WN85 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:38 am

For those of you who bought the P320, do you still enjoy it as much as when you got it? I'm thinking about picking one up in lieu of the P22X series.