A message from a CGN Moderator - Public side

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Nesdolian

A message from a CGN Moderator - Public side

Postby Nesdolian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Saw this and thought I'd bring it over. Full thread here:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/sh ... st10410239

Fellow CGN members.

Police issues.
Cop bashing is already specifically mentioned as not being allowed, yet we see this repeated over and over again. Yes, there have been some high profile cases of police abuse, but the vast majority of police are quality people. We as gun owners do not like to be lumped together with common criminals who misuse guns, so it is only right to recognize that the poor actions of a very few do not reflect on the majority of professional police. A mature debate of current events is encouraged, but mindless blanket insults are not allowed.

If some here portray the police as our enemy, this may result in the police viewing us in the same light. The police are not our enemy. Our common foe is politicians with anti-gun agendas..
Serving police members are encouraged to quote this post on other police forums, in order to try and regain the mutual respect we once had.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Re: A message from a CGN Moderator - Public side

Postby Grassynarrows » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 am

You still won't catch me on cgn ever again
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:You still won't catch me on cgn ever again

Is it because I made fun of your POS SKS...?
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Bitterman wrote:

I thats the same one Grassy tried to sell me !!!
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

A.T.R. wrote:
Bitterman wrote:

I thats the same one Grassy tried to sell me !!!

Fuckin' shill..!!!!
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Lol no no sks left
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

North of 60
Veteran Member

Postby North of 60 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 pm

I think CGN has a large proportion of virgins on their site. Unfortunately that site represents the lunatic fringe of gun owners.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 pm

North of 60 wrote:I think CGN has a large proportion of virgins on their site. Unfortunately that site represents the lunatic fringe of gun owners.

Some think gun owners are lunatics simply because they're gun owners.
There certainly are a few outspoken individuals, but.. They make things interesting.
Lots of posters who seem kinda dumb and ignorant and the ones I like the best... The guys who'll pay top dollar for whatever I put in the EE.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Your write up on Colt was put on CGN and received positive feedback Mr. Dave.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:11 am

I don't bother with cgn other than the odd check on the equipment exchange if I need something

hungry
Rookie Member

Postby hungry » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Well, there's good and silly in all sorts of communities!

Cheers,
Barney

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:01 pm

It's always hilarious to be attacked by guys who don't know the difference between a laser and a red dot sight; who equate a "tuned trigger" to "full auto," and who have no clue what a compensator is or what it does. All they do is embarrass themselves and further separate themselves from the intelligent and responsible safety training professionals.

I still remember the day that a group of them came out to protest in front of a convention centre that was hosting a Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police conference. Every single one wore camo clothing and a dirt-encrusted ball cap. They were even invited to nominate a spokesperson to come in to the Chiefs conference wearing a suit and tie, and they ignored the offer.

Chiefs of Police don't speak for every police officer in Canada, nor do they speak for the general public. But those guys made a LOT of enemies that day with their behaviour.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Dave Brown wrote:Chiefs of Police don't speak for every police officer in Canada, nor do they speak for the general public. But those guys made a LOT of enemies that day with their behaviour.

I just hope people realize that for every one if those socially stunted camo-clad, self-appointed representatives of the firearm owning population there are a hundred regular, well adjusted people who own and use firearms in a legal and safe manner. Some of us even own suits.

The sterotype you illistraight is actually far too common. Go to any gun club on any given day and you will meet at least one resident know it all whose just full of wrong information. I like the mindless parroting of made up quotes re. gun control...

Safe to say most of these guys are harmless enough and serve as laughing stocks to everyone.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.