Taser question

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

jklee
Rookie Member

Taser question

Postby jklee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a graduate student at the University of Toronto working on a project looking at ways to improve taser design, and I just have a few questions that I was hoping to get answered to help me better understand tasers that are used by law enforcement officers.

1) What model of taser are you currently using and are do you find that there are any issues with them operationally?

2) If you have used both the Taser X26 and the newer Taser X2 model, what are some of the differences you have noticed and which do you consider to be the superior device? What features do you like/dislike about the X2?

3) In your police department, who would make the purchasing decision regarding tasers (i.e. who decides which model to purchase)?

Any input you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated - thank you so much for your help!

red_coat
Grand Poobah

Re: Taser question

Postby red_coat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm

You will not get any answers on here regarding your post. Your best bet is to go to the nearest police station and speak to someone there about this.

Hopefully you understand why, especially publicly on the internet.

I'm assuming a Mod is going to lock this pretty quick.

VanSmack

Re: Taser question

Postby VanSmack » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:57 pm

red_coat wrote: I'm assuming a Mod is going to lock this pretty quick.
weird....
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.