Guns, an investment.

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

Tony-Boogie
Rookie Member

Re: Guns, an investment.

Postby Tony-Boogie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Striker wrote:
Hoodwinkle wrote:
Striker wrote:Got Domestic niner's okay to buy a Colt second gen IUR...mostly because I spent 4 times that on a kitchen reno...
I figured if she didn't mind the AR purchase..she won't mind the NP27 purchase..so I didn't bother asking. :angel:
looks like someone hit the sale at CA...good price on the NP27.
lol. I looked at it for a week..talked myself into it and out of it every day.. the devil on my right shoulder won. :twisted:
The deciding factor, do you have buyers remorse?
He said I was a POG, I said he's resisting arrest...

Hoodwinkle
Poobah Overlord

Postby Hoodwinkle » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Striker wrote:
Hoodwinkle wrote:
Striker wrote:Got Domestic niner's okay to buy a Colt second gen IUR...mostly because I spent 4 times that on a kitchen reno...
I figured if she didn't mind the AR purchase..she won't mind the NP27 purchase..so I didn't bother asking. :angel:
looks like someone hit the sale at CA...good price on the NP27.
lol. I looked at it for a week..talked myself into it and out of it every day.. the devil on my right shoulder won. :twisted:
The devil always wins! I've been looking at that pistol for months...but, I've spent way too much this month on other toys. 8)

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Hoodwinkle wrote:..but, I've spent way too much this month on other toys. 8)
Impossible.. :mrgreen:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed May 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Buy buy buy
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Sun May 08, 2016 7:03 am

Tony-Boogie wrote:
Striker wrote: lol. I looked at it for a week..talked myself into it and out of it every day.. the devil on my right shoulder won. :twisted:
The deciding factor, do you have buyers remorse?
nope..still haven't made it to the range with it yet though..
did you know the after market for 1911's is as big as the jeep renegade market? :mrgreen:
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

ryan.p
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby ryan.p » Mon May 09, 2016 8:40 am

Just get the wife into shooting!

Mine just got her PAL and is itching to buy her first 22. :D
| Now on board with VanB's 5 step program |

Tony-Boogie
Rookie Member

Postby Tony-Boogie » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 am

ryan.p wrote:Just get the wife into shooting!

Mine just got her PAL and is itching to buy her first 22. :D
Got a Henry's level action 22 and I must say, its magical. Lightweight and easy to operate, wife has a lot of fun with it. Reasonably cheap from Cabelas.
He said I was a POG, I said he's resisting arrest...

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:54 pm

I have several thousand invested in guns right now and buying more
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

HiPowered
Seasoned Member

Postby HiPowered » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:32 am

On the topic of buying guns, It's a dangerous time to buy semi-auto's. I know a guy who just bought a Tavor and I cringed a bit inside. I guess a stripped AR receiver wouldn't hurt if you don't have one yet, but I wouldn't gamble thousands of dollars on the current government following previous ones if they prohibit semi-auto's.

melom
Sage Member

Postby melom » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

HiPowered wrote:On the topic of buying guns, It's a dangerous time to buy semi-auto's. I know a guy who just bought a Tavor and I cringed a bit inside. I guess a stripped AR receiver wouldn't hurt if you don't have one yet, but I wouldn't gamble thousands of dollars on the current government following previous ones if they prohibit semi-auto's.
That's exactly what the politicians want, people to be too worried to buy guns or keep the ones they have.

Longarm9
King Poobah

Postby Longarm9 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:21 pm

melom wrote:
HiPowered wrote:On the topic of buying guns, It's a dangerous time to buy semi-auto's. I know a guy who just bought a Tavor and I cringed a bit inside. I guess a stripped AR receiver wouldn't hurt if you don't have one yet, but I wouldn't gamble thousands of dollars on the current government following previous ones if they prohibit semi-auto's.
That's exactly what the politicians want, people to be too worried to buy guns or keep the ones they have.
True. The more widespread and numerous they are, the harder it is for the government to ban them.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Buy buy buy

Longarm9
King Poobah

Postby Longarm9 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:Buy buy buy
Oh, believe me, there's about $5000 worth of guns I would buy right this second if I actually had the $$$$. The eternal problem - too many guns to buy, not enough money to buy them with. :(
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:09 am

I find deals and buy em