speedloaders

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
lndshark

Re: speedloaders

Postby lndshark » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

So how's it going, Grassy? Let's see ya' in action! What barrel length is your Model 14? Ahhh...the best accuracy I've ever had with a handgun was with a revolver. Long ago I was issued a Model 15, 6" barrel...I wish I still had it. It was replaced with a Model 686 (6" barrel, personally-owned) and that too was a confidence-inspiring gun to shoot. I'd love to shoot our combat-qualification course with a revolver some day...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

ive got a 6 inch model 14 and a 6 inch 686. the 14 shoots like a house on fire but havent picked up my 686 yet.
\ppc match in a couple weeks, and a 4 gun also.
cant complain bud the reloader is working well and ive been building up my supply of ammo for the season.
I like that idea i should shoot our course of fire with my 14.
u shooting any ppc or ipsc or idpa?
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:It's fun
Mind you I do shoot ipsc and idpa so it's all fun to me

Well... Y'aint had any fun until you shoots y'sum 3-gun... :mrgreen:

http://www.3gunnation.com/
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm

4 gun match in a couple weeks
Sniper gun
carbine
shotgun
pistol
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:4 gun match in a couple weeks
Sniper gun
carbine
shotgun
pistol

Sounds like fun...
Hauling all that gear can be a pain.. I had to buy a truck!
I do like the long range stuff.. The best matches I've been to though have all been in the US.
Getting off a square range and and shooing in natural terrain is great.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Our range we go out to 550 yards.i would be into a long range match in the states like that thou.
My chums have a natural range to 875 yards that is fun
I got a crew cab truck for hauling my 3 kids around, I have the tonneau cover on it and locking tailgate for hauling gear :-)
I think for this match ill be hauling 4 of us plus gear so it will be put to use well

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

Grassynarrows wrote:ive got a 6 inch model 14 and a 6 inch 686. the 14 shoots like a house on fire but havent picked up my 686 yet.
\ppc match in a couple weeks, and a 4 gun also.
cant complain bud the reloader is working well and ive been building up my supply of ammo for the season.
I like that idea i should shoot our course of fire with my 14.
u shooting any ppc or ipsc or idpa?

You'll love the 686! I wish I still had mine :cry:

I've been meaning to get into PPC. Our local private range has it regularly...I just haven't had the time. Now that our schedules are set-up (we just officially transitioned to 12's) I can actually plan when my leave days are. Just trying to decide whether to shoot my duty gun (XD40) or my Glock 21SF. I shoot better with the G21, but I can't help but think that the additional trigger time with the XD would be good for "work." As much as I'd love to shoot 3/4 gun, that too takes a lot of time. Still, I really need to get in more time with my rifle...(sigh)...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Just got a whack of speed loaders today I have enough now that I won't have to reload once during a 150 round stage.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 pm

got all my stuff working good won 2 trophies for ppc this summer.
got a nice guy that really helped me out a lot. :D