Best 9mm Handguns website?

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Re: Best 9mm Handguns website?

Postby Grassynarrows » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 pm

I cant wait to get my new 229R 8lb DAK trigger.
Florida Highway patrol now has the 45 GAP glocks too.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bald Man
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Bald Man » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:I cant wait to get my new
229R 8lb DAK trigger
Florida Highway patrol now has the 45 GAP glocks too.
I'm sure it will be much smoother than your DAO Sig

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 am

I am not suggested the "myth" of stopping power means all bullets are equal. What I mean is that the best, most optimum bullet in the world is not guaranteed to stop a human with one shot. There are MANY factors at work, and the human body is by no means a homogeneous substance.

Good shot placement with a well-designed bullet with sufficient calibre, velocity and energy is a big contributor, but NOTHING in life is guaranteed.

The .357 Magnum has a much better record than the .38 Special. But it is no guarantee. More bad guys have been stopped by .38 Specials than any other calibre, based just on sheer numbers. (In fact, .22 calibres have killed more people than all other calibres combined if you also include accidents, homicides and suicides.)

The 9mm Luger, with a good bullet design is still a very effective cartridge. The .40 is marginally better but there are some compromises that I don't need to get into. The 10mm Auto was a failure as a police cartridge from day one.

Perhaps I should have said the "myth of the one-shot stop" ??

Bald Man
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Bald Man » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:18 am

Dave Brown wrote:I am not suggested the "myth" of stopping power means all bullets are equal. What I mean is that the best, most optimum bullet in the world is not guaranteed to stop a human with one shot. There are MANY factors at work, and the human body is by no means a homogeneous substance.

Good shot placement with a well-designed bullet with sufficient calibre, velocity and energy is a big contributor, but NOTHING in life is guaranteed.

The .357 Magnum has a much better record than the .38 Special. But it is no guarantee. More bad guys have been stopped by .38 Specials than any other calibre, based just on sheer numbers. (In fact, .22 calibres have killed more people than all other calibres combined if you also include accidents, homicides and suicides.)

The 9mm Luger, with a good bullet design is still a very effective cartridge. The .40 is marginally better but there are some compromises that I don't need to get into. The 10mm Auto was a failure as a police cartridge from day one.

Perhaps I should have said the "myth of the one-shot stop" ??

I agree, many factors at play. The one shot stop hype created by the likes of Evan Marshall I guess. :lol:

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Dave Brown wrote:I have no experience with recent Steyr so I can't say. I will leave it to others who will have an opinion.
Dave what makes the Glock 17 run second over the MP 9? Is it how the Glock has less muzzle lift?

Bald Man
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Bald Man » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:08 am

FedCO wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:I have no experience with recent Steyr so I can't say. I will leave it to others who will have an opinion.
Dave what makes the Glock 17 run second over the MP 9?
Is it how the Glock has less muzzle lift
?
Low bore axis. The barrel lies close to the frame, as opposed to pistols like Sig and older S&W pistols where the barrel sits higher.

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Bald Man wrote:
FedCO wrote:
Dave what makes the Glock 17 run second over the MP 9?
Is it how the Glock has less muzzle lift
?
Low bore axis. The barrel lies close to the frame, as opposed to pistols like Sig and older S&W pistols where the barrel sits higher.
I am really interested in getting A Gen 4 Glock 17. But all i have ever held is a Glock 18 and 22. I enjoyed holding the Glock 18 down in Florida. Really going to look into the Glock avenue.

lndshark
Seasoned Member

Postby lndshark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 pm

You cannot go wrong in any way with a G17. It will feel very much the same as the G22.

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 pm

17 and 22 are pretty much identical.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

MedTech
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby MedTech » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:45 pm

17 and 22 is exactly the same... the only real difference is calibre, but the size is the same. I've shot both and I have to say I enjoy the 22 more.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

TPS11
King Poobah

Postby TPS11 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

If you're looking for handguns in Canada check out EasyGuns.ca

:sniper:

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 pm

there are some used glocks to be had for a very good price g 17 and g 22. PM if interested and i'll put you in contact with the dealer.

ODIN
Seasoned Member

Postby ODIN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am

My short list would be,
SIG
H&K
S&W

The P226 is my favorite 9mm, hands down, however I do like the P2000 or USP and the M&P comes in at 3rd place.
CTP-22

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Dave Brown wrote:Stick with 9mm. It is cheaper and more fun to shoot.

For sport shootin' you can't beat the 9mm.
I love my .45 1911, but... the pistols that get the most use out of my safe are all 9mm.
The round packs enough punch to knock over steel and really... in a sporting context what more do you need?
For hand loaders brass is plentiful and cheap....
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Grassynarrows
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm

I concur
I use my 9mm 226 sig for most of my matches in ppc and ipsc now