Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

redridinghood

Re: Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Postby redridinghood » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Dave Brown wrote:LOL! iPhones don't have periods?

Here's a gift from the nice folks at Blue Line:

They go at the end of sentences. When you run out, let me know; I can send you more.
:D :D :D :D :D
why thank you very much, I'll make sure to put them to good use.

Say, those dots wouldn't be coming with a complementary t-shirt by any chance?? hint hint ;)

redridinghood

Postby redridinghood » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Dave Brown wrote:However, back to the topic. No, there are no "legal incentives" to transition away from revolvers. As to whether the companies care about employee safety, I guess I would have to leave that up to the companies or their employees to respond.

... you will have to ask them. It wasn't for legal incentives.
I would, however I feel I'm too low on the totem pole to go asking for more details why switch

Stix
Seasoned Member

Postby Stix » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Last edited by Stix on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You, you and you.....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Rareform
Grand Poobah

Postby Rareform » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 pm

At G4S we carry two different sidearms primarily due to a slow transition. Out east, S&W M&P .40's are used. Out in western provinces like BC/Alberta, we still carry the S&W .38 Special Mod 10/64.

The M&P .40's are slowly making their way out west. Only time will tell though.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

Stix
Seasoned Member

Postby Stix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Rareform
Grand Poobah

Postby Rareform » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

No, I haven't heard of anyone else aside from the required provinces transitioning. Word from the grapevine, is that the biggest province in line (Ontario) has completed their transition 100% and now the next province in line is ready to begin their transition. A couple of reasons why it's taking so long is that they're doing the transitions one by one on a branch by branch basis. And considering that Ontario had the most branches and satellites - it took a very long time to get done.

The other reason why it's taking so long is that Travis Baumgartner business had really put a dent in the timeline and cost of transitioning out west as well.

It's too bad G4S didn't following in Brinks' footsteps and just roll them out across every province/territory in Canada.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

Stix
Seasoned Member

Postby Stix » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:51 am

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 am

Stix wrote:
Simplimatics wrote:No, I haven't heard of anyone else aside from the required provinces transitioning. Word from the grapevine, is that the biggest province in line (Ontario) has completed their transition 100% and now the next province in line is ready to begin their transition. A couple of reasons why it's taking so long is that they're doing the transitions one by one on a branch by branch basis. And considering that Ontario had the most branches and satellites - it took a very long time to get done.

The other reason why it's taking so long is that Travis Baumgartner business had really put a dent in the timeline and cost of transitioning out west as well.

It's too bad G4S didn't following in Brinks' footsteps and just roll them out across every province/territory in Canada.
Ya Brinks had a weird transition where I was but they're completely switched over now. The biggest thing they did to ease the transition was training all their new hires to use M&P. So we had a few months where we'd see there crews carrying a mix of semis and revolvers until the old employees requals came up.

Where I was all our new hires are still being trained on Model 10 so I don't think they'll see M&P's for a while yet. Plus we got a boatload or revolvers shipped to us from provinces that had transitioned. Hopefully though it'll change with time, like you said.
There is an outfit in Toronto that carries Glock 17 9mm Gen 4s. I think its Garda.

Stix
Seasoned Member

Postby Stix » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Stix wrote:Glock would be nice if it was .40 cal lol. I think you're right about it being Garda, I heard stories but we didn't have any Garda near us. M&P is a fine firearm though.
9mm is where its at. Not a fan of the .40sw. Too much recoil for what it is. Plus 17+1 of a good hollowpoint 147gr 9mm will do the deed. If you cant kill it with 9mm or .45acp you need a rifle! :smirk:

Stix
Seasoned Member

Postby Stix » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:22 pm

redridinghood

Postby redridinghood » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 pm

FedCO wrote:
Stix wrote: 9mm is where its at. Not a fan of the .40sw. Too much recoil for what it is. Plus 17+1 of a good hollowpoint 147gr 9mm will do the deed. If you cant kill it with 9mm or .45acp you need a rifle! :smirk:
i used to think so too but i like the 40 now, mind you for personal use i would still get a 9mm

i see Garda crews sometimes, ill ask them to make sure, but i dont think they carry large cap mags, i do think they are pinned to 10 rds

FedCO
Poobah Overlord

Postby FedCO » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

redridinghood wrote:
FedCO wrote:
Stix wrote: 9mm is where its at. Not a fan of the .40sw. Too much recoil for what it is. Plus 17+1 of a good hollowpoint 147gr 9mm will do the deed. If you cant kill it with 9mm or .45acp you need a rifle! :smirk:
i used to think so too but i like the 40 now, mind you for personal use i would still get a 9mm

i see Garda crews sometimes, ill ask them to make sure, but i dont think they carry large cap mags, i do think they are pinned to 10 rds
If they do the paperwork the company can issue regular cap mags. But most likely its 10 round mags. Ya like i hold it tight but still kicks left and low sometimes. Just for what the .40sw is, i would take a 9mm over it. FBI used the shootings to make a new cartridge but if you look now, i read they use 9mm again. Anyways i rather have a .45 over .40sw shoots nicer i find. But at least there are choices out there!

MedTech
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby MedTech » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm

redridinghood wrote:i see Garda crews sometimes, ill ask them to make sure, but i dont think they carry large cap mags, i do think they are pinned to 10 rds
misnomer... they would be factory capacity magazines, and not large capacity.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

PrairieStorm
Rookie Member

Postby PrairieStorm » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Back in my young(er) days, I did a stint with Securicor... Glock 20 chambered in 10mm Auto LOL

So much over kill. Then, there was a switch over to the Smith-Wesson M&P45. Nice hangun, I own one for personal use.