Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Re: Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Postby Sumo_CPO » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 am

TwE@k wrote:Agreed......it has been too long. We have to start a Sumo vacation fund too while we are at it :thumbsup:

Cool!!! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.....
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 am

polarbear wrote:Quebec city police, QC corrections, and all QC court specials carry the p99, to name a few.

Plus all recruits at ENPQ qualify on the p99. I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon in this province.

I didn't know that. Yup, I guess if the numbers are there, Walther will gladly keep making them pistols.

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am

polarbear wrote:Quebec city police, QC corrections, and all QC court specials carry the p99, to name a few.

Plus all recruits at ENPQ qualify on the p99. I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon in this province.

Thats one thing they do right. Arm they courts and corrections.

Stix

Postby Stix » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Last edited by Stix on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
You, you and you.....panic. The rest of you come with me.

SourSkittles
Rookie Member

Postby SourSkittles » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm

They even get cool knives :D
Aim low and you will succeed.

dale.gribble
Rookie Member

Postby dale.gribble » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

SourSkittles wrote:They even get cool knives :D

Where did you get that pic, as afar as I know, no one in canada gets the cool knife.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm

dale.gribble wrote:

Where did you get that pic, as afar as I know, no one in canada gets the cool knife.

What would stop them from buying one?

dale.gribble
Rookie Member

Postby dale.gribble » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 am

dale.gribble wrote:

I am pretty sure management is to cheap to buy and give these to the guys. But I am sure guys would pay out of there pocket for one, if they were available, but there not.

Dillinger022
Rookie Member

Postby Dillinger022 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:07 pm

dale.gribble wrote:Every brinks detachment in canada now has the m&p .40 except for montreal. They carry some chrome s&w semi apparently.

The Montreal branch were issued the S&W Model 4046TSW in .40 S&W before the company went to the M&P40. The 4046TSW was chosen to replace the various .38 Special revolvers but the transition was interrupted by the adoption of the M&P40.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:12 pm

IS there regulations on what calibre armoured car guys can use? Can companies still get their hands on prohibs like they used to or has all the prohibs been taken away?

Can guards only use 9mm and .40SW or can they if they wanted still use .357sig or .45ACP? Are armed guards only allowed 10 round mag capacity?

redridinghood
Rookie Member

Postby redridinghood » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 am

FedCO wrote:IS there regulations on what calibre armoured car guys can use? Can companies still get their hands on prohibs like they used to or has all the prohibs been taken away?

Can guards only use 9mm and .40SW or can they if they wanted still use .357sig or .45ACP? Are armed guards only allowed 10 round mag capacity?

guards useh what company giveth, 10 rds is a plenty, as far as caliber choice goes and regulations, haven't heard of one, but if its good for cops it's good for guards too

regarding prohibs, same grandfathering law applies I believe, guards still get trained on use, while they may not Cary them

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 pm

redridinghood wrote:guards useh what company giveth, 10 rds is a plenty, as far as caliber choice goes and regulations, haven't heard of one, but if its good for cops it's good for guards too

Actually, regulations regarding calibre choice and magazine capacity will vary by province. Generally, 9mm and .40 are the two commonly accepted choices.

redridinghood wrote:regarding prohibs, same grandfathering law applies I believe, guards still get trained on use, while they may not Cary them

Eh? That makes NO sense. Businesses such as armoured car companies can be licensed to carry prohibited handguns. If so, obviously their employees are then trained on these handguns, and that is what they carry. Whether a guard has an individual grandfathering status is completely irrelevant to this question, as what they shoot for their own recreation as target shooters has nothing to do with what they are allowed to carry at work, on duty and in full uniform.

You ARE aware, I assume, that the 4" S&W Model 10 revolver that virtually all guards carried until recently, as well as certain older models of the S&W semi-automatic that some companies issued, are all prohibited handguns? Just how exactly is a company going to train someone on their use and then not allow them to carry them?

redridinghood
Rookie Member

Postby redridinghood » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:52 am

had no idea there are provinces with different mag capacity or cal restrictions other then the one specified in CC

as for grandfathering, posting off of an iPhone has its limits here, yes guards used prohibs, however over last 4-5 years they been dropping them, and as far as I know, getting rid of them too, I guess you are right that any company can get and issue prohib to its employees still, though this drive to loose them, to me, indicates that there may have been some legal incentive to do so,but I might be talking out of my ass on that, maybe companies do care about their employees safety on the street ;)

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm

LOL! iPhones don't have periods?

Here's a gift from the nice folks at Blue Line:

They go at the end of sentences. When you run out, let me know; I can send you more.
:D :D :D :D :D

However, back to the topic. No, there are no "legal incentives" to transition away from revolvers. As to whether the companies care about employee safety, I guess I would have to leave that up to the companies or their employees to respond.

There are obviously certain case law, technical and physiological reasons why police officers have transitioned to semi-automatics that I am not going to get into here. Most of those reasons would apply to armoured car work as well. Now, as to the ACTUAL reasons why companies transitioned ... you will have to ask them. It wasn't for legal incentives.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Private companies sticking to restricted class firearms over prohib. or a mish/mash of both has probably more to do with keeping costs down by simplifying inventory control.

And when the day comes when these guns need to be disposed of... Resricteds "could" be sold off. Prohibs... Not so easily if at all.

Off topic, but when it comes to the rational behind what's deemed prohib. and what's restricted I can only wonder...
My "prohibited"S&W 4' mod 10's and 15's are much less concealable than say my 'restricted" Glock 17... :ponder:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...