Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Brinks carrying 2 different pistols

Postby Dave Brown » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

You have your opinion; I have mine. Personally, I think there is no safe way to get an M&P trigger pull to 2.5 pounds.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 pm

tried the m and p and liked it, gonna sell off something to buy one in 9mm
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 am

I've fired it in 9mm and prefer the feel of it over my Gen II Glock (also in 9mm)

It's a really really nice pistol.
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 am

Brinks.

Still one of the best jobs I ever had.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 pm

the one guy that shots ipsc with us likes it, i shot his and figured heck with it i'll sell off something and buy one.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:the one guy that shots ipsc with us likes it, i shot his and figured heck with it i'll sell off something and buy one.

I sold three knives and for the hell of it I may pick up a Ruger.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 am

IrishCanadian wrote:Here I was thinking this thread was talking about how Brinks is so bad ass that they carry 2 different pistols while working.

Ankle piece!

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I am gonna order one

Sly
Rookie Member

Postby Sly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:23 am

Dave Brown wrote:
Sly wrote:My friend has never had any issues with it and buying parts for it is pretty cheap. He has since modified his trigger pull to 2.5 pounds

Wow, dangerous AND irresponsible. Quite a combination your friend has! Or were these modifications performed by a S&W armorer according to factory guidelines?

Correction on the pull, its 3 pounds but I know that extra .5 pounds wont make a difference. It wasn't completed by a S&W Armorer. Having tried the gun with a 3 lbs pull I can say I didn't like the feel of it and gave it back to him after one magazine.

Grassynarrows wrote:I am gonna order one

Good choice. Having shot the 9mm version I want one now too but I already have a 9mm so I thinking adding a .40 cal on my next purchase and its between a M&P .40 or if i can find one a Springfield XDM .40

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 am

I'm thinking of buying a Kimber 1911 Custom 11 stainless in 9mm in the future when I have the cash. I would love a .45acp and I've also looked at the Sig 1911, wow. Sig 1911's are beautiful pistols. But the price of 45 ammo these days is crazy. $25-30 per box, are they nuts? 9mm is half the price. Who decides on ammo prices anyways....

Any thoughts on Kimbers?

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I've never shot the Kimber, but I can say without a doubt that the nicest .45 1911 I've ever shot is the STI. I use an IPSC patch on a patch-coloured target as warm-up practice with pretty amazing accuracy at a 15m draw.
"One more thing..."

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Columbo wrote:I've never shot the Kimber, but I can say without a doubt that the nicest .45 1911 I've ever shot is the STI. I use an IPSC patch on a patch-coloured target as warm-up practice with pretty amazing accuracy at a 15m draw.

any how much was your STI? ;) who sells them?

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm

one of the guys that shoots ipsc with us has the STI he got it in BC. Nice gun.

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Bald Man wrote:
Columbo wrote:I've never shot the Kimber, but I can say without a doubt that the nicest .45 1911 I've ever shot is the STI. I use an IPSC patch on a patch-coloured target as warm-up practice with pretty amazing accuracy at a 15m draw.

any how much was your STI? ;) who sells them?

Edit: check you PMs.
"One more thing..."