Firearm Safety

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Saint
Rookie Member

Re: Firearm Safety

Postby Saint » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 am

Isn't that what tri pods are for????

RDS
Rookie Member

Postby RDS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 am

Respond Wayne wrote:
MC07 wrote:Now I am not a firearms expert, or even a photographer, but this does not strike me as a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjvT2dydG8

:dropjaw:

Okay then... I literally grabbed a green tea just as I hit play... didn't even take a sip during that entire clip... WTF!?! :twitch:

That has to be one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen regarding a gun range. :banghead: Every single one of those shooters should have known that you don't even think about pointing a gun down range if there is a person down range!!!! :cuss: They all should have stopped, requested for him to move and then they could continue...

...I can't believe it.
RPAT: June 25th, 2009 - PASSED
Package Received: August 12th, 2009

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:05 pm

RDS wrote:That has to be one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen regarding a gun range. :banghead: Every single one of those shooters should have known that you don't even think about pointing a gun down range if there is a person down range!!!! :cuss: They all should have stopped, requested for him to move and then they could continue...

...I can't believe it.

Well... I too wouldn't want to be down range or shoot when someone else is, but that's likely due to my "square range" mentality..

Here's Yeager's rebuttle to all the hubbub... I don't necessarily agree with his rational, but I think I understand it..

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesYeager
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

RDS
Rookie Member

Postby RDS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Bitterman wrote:
RDS wrote:That has to be one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen regarding a gun range. :banghead: Every single one of those shooters should have known that you don't even think about pointing a gun down range if there is a person down range!!!! :cuss: They all should have stopped, requested for him to move and then they could continue...

...I can't believe it.

Well... I too wouldn't want to be down range or shoot when someone else is, but that's likely due to my "square range" mentality..

Here's Yeager's rebuttle to all the hubbub... I don't necessarily agree with his rational, but I think I understand it..

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesYeager

Sure, he's trying to rationalize having someone downrange by talking about everyday situations, like getting into your car and pointing out that it's just as dangerous. Sure, I could walk out my front door and with an infinite number of variables available, I could, theoretically, be hit by a satellite on my way to my vehicle. That, would be out of my control. Being on the right side of the firing line, well that would be within my control and I know which side of the line I'd be on. I think he's trying to justify the video by putting it in the same class as being an 'uncontrolled environment', like the theatre we live our everyday lives in, but, a firing range is a very controlled environment, depending on the people you have on it and the people who are managing it. His logic just doesn't work. But, I definitely see how he thinks.
RPAT: June 25th, 2009 - PASSED
Package Received: August 12th, 2009

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm

RDS wrote:a firing range is a very controlled environment, depending on the people you have on it and the people who are managing it. His logic just doesn't work.

I think that's his point... It's controlled.

At least controlled enough for him... I mean he's not the guy takin' pictures :mrgreen:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Postby Sumo_CPO » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Watching that "rebuttal" video, all I could think about was how buddy's body language was screaming that he's a lying sack o' shite.
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:34 am

He talks about the 4 basic rules of firearms safety ... and then lets his students violate 3 of them at once. Maybe I am not the brightest tool in the shed or even the brightest SHED in the shed, but one of the rules that I have followed while fashioning a long career as a respected firearms instructor is: DON"T KILL PEOPLE IN TRAINING.

Training should be a safe environment; one where students can safely make their mistakes in training (and NOT on the street.) He obviously does not view training as a means to an end but rather the end itself.

We train to survive; we shouldn't need to just survive our training.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.