Firearm Safety

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Horatio
Rookie Member

Firearm Safety

Postby Horatio » Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 am

Bwahahahahahahaha

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/293333.php

Alright, I admit that was a little insensitiveof me; really though how thick can you be? "People could do really stupid things, like this, let me demonstrate a stupid action." :banghead:

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Re: Firearm Safety

Postby Bitterman » Thu May 21, 2009 9:31 am

I bet this officer hates YouTube.... :mrgreen:

But I like the way he turned his AD into a lesson for the class.. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

MC07
Rookie Member

Postby MC07 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:32 pm

At least he did not demonstrate the stupidity of pointing a firearm at someone else and pulling the trigger..

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Thu May 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Bitterman wrote:I bet this officer hates YouTube.... :mrgreen:

Come on now, you should know there is no such thing as an accidental discharge. It's a negligent discharge.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Thu May 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Bald Man wrote:

Come on now, you should know there is no such thing as an accidental discharge. It's a negligent discharge.

I agree... I'd like AD stricken from the face of the earth. ND is the only way to describe a shot not made expressly on purpose.

Here's another...... Could have been tragic, but... luckily the bullet missed the perps head and her partners 88)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNB7Z40w00
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

Horatio
Rookie Member

Postby Horatio » Thu May 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Holy shit! :dropjaw: That's one way to end your career real fast. Whatever happened to "keep your finger out of the trigger guard until your ready to fire!"

gotchya

Postby gotchya » Thu May 21, 2009 10:02 pm

"I'm the only one professional to handle this gun...BANG!" Yup he's a professional alright.

As for the article, reminds me of this story

28 February 2000, Texas) A Houston man earned a succinct lesson in gun safety when he played Russian roulette with a .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol. Rashaad, nineteen, was visiting friends when he announced his intention to play the deadly game. He apparently did not realize that a semiautomatic pistol, unlike a revolver, automatically inserts a cartridge into the firing chamber when the gun is cocked. His chance of winning a round of Russian roulette was zero, as he quickly discovered.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

RDS
Rookie Member

Postby RDS » Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm

I have been accused in the past of being OCD in terms of firearms safety.

I am not a LEO and I do not carry a firearm on a shift-by-shift basis.

I am a hunter and I go to the extreme in terms of firearms safety.

My firearm is encased AND trigger locked at all times before legal shooting time. This is not required in the Province of Ontario. In legal terms, my firearm only has to be encased and unloaded. I even have it encased, trigger locked and unloaded after legal shooting time if I'm moving to another property. In legal terms, I only need to have it unloaded...it can be sitting on the passenger seat.

I've come to many fence lines with friends during a deer drive and I've forced them all to unload their firearms and cross the fence line properly. Has this made me popular? Heck no. Has it avoided an accident? Possibly.

Firearms are to be respected and treated as being loaded at all times. Although it is tragic, it's tough to feel sorry for anyone who has discharged a firearm negligently, since they should have been treating that item as something that could end their life quickly or injure themself seriously from the onset of taking it into their possession. Firearms are serious folks. My grandfather always taught me two things...ALWAYS treat a firearm as if it was loaded and NEVER point it at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

The acts that have been linked to this topic are truly disgusting. The people in the videos should never have a firearm in their possession again.
RPAT: June 25th, 2009 - PASSED
Package Received: August 12th, 2009

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am

RDS wrote:The people in the videos should never have a firearm in their possession again.

I disagree... I mean what are the odds of any one of those people doing what they did.... Again!

I figure after shooting yourself once you'll be the most carefullest guy from there on in... :mrgreen:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

RDS
Rookie Member

Postby RDS » Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Bitterman wrote:
RDS wrote:The people in the videos should never have a firearm in their possession again.

I disagree... I mean what are the odds of any one of those people doing what they did.... Again!

I figure after shooting yourself once you'll be the most carefullest guy from there on in... :mrgreen:

Or they could make a serious case for the validity of 'Natural Selection'. :mrgreen:
RPAT: June 25th, 2009 - PASSED
Package Received: August 12th, 2009

Icey
Veteran Member

Postby Icey » Fri May 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Party pooper shoots self

By CHRIS KITCHING, SUN MEDIA

The Winnipeg Sun

WINNIPEG -- This is one way to get unwanted guests out of your home -- and to bring unwanted attention from police.

A 37-year-old man was trying to quash a small party in his North Kildonan home when he accidentally shot himself in the right arm early Tuesday, city police said.

Police said the man tried to cover up the incident by claiming someone shot him, but detectives quickly learned the gunshot wound was self-inflicted.

The incident occurred shortly before 4 a.m.

"He was handling the handgun incorrectly and he shot himself in the (bicep)," said police spokesman Const. Blair Good.

The man brought out the handgun after people refused to leave but it's not known what he intended to do with it, Good said.

Police said the man had been drinking but it doesn't appear he was intoxicated.

The man's plan worked, sort of, as the six to eight partygoers fled the home in the 300 block of Edison Avenue when he shot himself, Good said.

The man was taken to hospital, where he was treated for his wound and released.

Police said the man is facing 10 firearms charges. He was released on a promise to appear in court, meaning the charges haven't been formally laid.

Police did not release the man's name.

bravo
Rookie Member

Postby bravo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

admin unload.. its not hard :dubious:

VoodooSS
Rookie Member

Postby VoodooSS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUKF4tzJ78

-1911 .45acp - 1100.00
-suit for the wedding - 500.00
-wedding present - 150.00

havcing your son shoot you in the stomach with your own gun because youre a fucking retard - priceless.
Thanks for everyones help! See you at the ports.

MC07
Rookie Member

Postby MC07 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Now I am not a firearms expert, or even a photographer, but this does not strike me as a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjvT2dydG8

:dropjaw:

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:59 pm

MC07 wrote:Now I am not a firearms expert, or even a photographer, but this does not strike me as a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjvT2dydG8

:dropjaw:

Okay then... I literally grabbed a green tea just as I hit play... didn't even take a sip during that entire clip... WTF!?! :twitch:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)