CPS adds firepower

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Toonces
King Poobah

Re: CPS adds firepower

Postby Toonces » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:25 pm

OntarioFiveOh wrote:If you have to take more than one shot in rapid succession with a shotgun, recoil's going to be an issue whether you're male or female. Under stress the body's going to want to get the shots off as quickly as possible and "proper shooting stance" and positioning is going to suffer no matter what gender you are. Because of the rapid succession of the shots, it's harder to maintain control with a shotgun than it will be with a rifle that's built to absorb all of the recoil.

Regardless. The issues are not gender-based issues.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Yup.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

B Red
Rookie Member

Postby B Red » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:19 pm

If you have both the shotgun and the carbine in your vehicle, what situation would have you deploy with the shotgun instead of the carbine and why?

The only time a shotgun may have the advantage is barrier penetration (slugs), which 5.56 isn't great at.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 pm

B Red wrote:If you have both the shotgun and the carbine in your vehicle, what situation would have you deploy with the shotgun instead of the carbine and why?

The only time a shotgun may have the advantage is barrier penetration (slugs), which 5.56 isn't great at.

I would imagine that this is something that should not be discussed in the Public Forum... Just saying...
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:59 pm

B Red wrote:If you have both the shotgun and the carbine in your vehicle, what situation would have you deploy with the shotgun instead of the carbine and why?

Without getting into a list of situations which don't belong in a public forum, I would refer you to my initial post. There is a reference to a situation where the suspect was wearing body armour.
"Semper in faecibus, sumus sole profundum variat"

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Recoil...

That's why ammo manufacturers offer "Reduced Power" shotgun loads for LE. ;)
A one once slug moving at 1250fps rather than at 1600fps
I use 'em excusivley as all I need to do with 'em is knock down steel, but more than enough punch to use against two legged vermin.

As for 5.56/.223... I don't think recoil has ever been an issue with such a round no matter what rifle you're using. If you have trouble controlling a 5.56/.223 maybe a trip to the gym would help.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...