Stag Arms

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Gard
King Poobah

Stag Arms

Postby Gard » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Anybody know anything about the Stag Arms AR-15?

Looking into getting myself an AR and I saw this company online.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

MichaelJCaboose

Re: Stag Arms

Postby MichaelJCaboose » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Im going to be quite honest with you.
I've never heard of these guys before.

If you want an excellent AR-15 that is guaranteed to work everytime, go with a company that is known.

Rock River Arms makes a nice AR but it is only for the DEA lol Well the LAR-15 custom anyways
Wake up, gear up, work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Does Colt Canada (formerly Diemaco) sell civilian versions to the general public? I think it would be nice to have something made here in Canada. It also says a lot when our armed forces, police and Armed forces in foreign countries use Colt Canada rifles.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:21 pm

MichaelJCaboose wrote:Rock River Arms makes a nice AR but it is only for the DEA lol Well the LAR-15 custom anyways

Unpossible!
I don't work for the DEA an' I gots me one :mrgreen:

True, It's an awsome AR... the trigger is especially nice.
Last edited by Bitterman on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Bald Man wrote:Does Colt Canada (formerly Diemaco) sell civilian versions to the general public? I think it would be nice to have something made here in Canada. It also says a lot when our armed forces, police and Armed forces in foreign countries use Colt Canada rifles.

Too politically incorrect.... Colt Canada is (i believe) expressly prohibited from marketing product to the public.
Police and .gov sales only.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Bald Man wrote:Does Colt Canada (formerly Diemaco) sell civilian versions to the general public? I think it would be nice to have something made here in Canada. It also says a lot when our armed forces, police and Armed forces in foreign countries use Colt Canada rifles.

Too politically incorrect.... Colt Canada is (i believe) expressly prohibited from marketing product to the public.
Police and .gov sales only.

Silly rules. People who have no clue about guns would think the world is coming to an end because civilians own the same rifle as our military...well semi-auto only version....even though you can buy the same damn rifle from numurous other manufacturers. Has anyone seen the AR pistol from Olympic arms? Odd little piece.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 pm

A couple buddies of mine have them and they have nothing but good stuff to say about them.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Gard wrote:Anybody know anything about the Stag Arms AR-15?

Looking into getting myself an AR and I saw this company online.

Looking at getting one to hunt todays super animals, like the flying squirrel or electric eel?
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Postby wicked_police » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Stag are terrific rifles. I'd put them well ahead of RRA. And for the money, unless you are a brand name guy and have the money to spend on a name, a Stag will give you just as good service as pretty much any other company.
One of the big appeals to Demaco is the lack of product available to the public. They are terrific rifles, but have achieved the status they enjoy due to the fact that almost no one in Canada can get them.
Gard, you probably already know we use Colt, Demaco, and now Colt Canada for work guns. But if I had to use a Stag at work, I'd be just as comfortable and confident in it.

There's a chart out comparing the various makes of AR-type rifles. It shows the Stag in the lower half. How ever, it seems like the guns they get in the US do not have the various modifications and improvements that Walter's guns have. The Stags from Arms East should be up with the Colt's, LMT's and Noveske's.

Call Walt at Arms East, he'll answer any questions you might have, and be happy to help you with anything you're looking for.

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Great quality rifle for the money. The bolt and charging is a little rough at first but that's pretty standard with almost every AR and wears out soon.
If you aren't looking to spend a ton I'd take a closer look at them. If I was still in your area I'd offer to let you try it out.

MichaelJCaboose

Postby MichaelJCaboose » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:43 am

Hmmm... Didnt know RRA was open to sellings em :P
Misread that in a magazine on the back of my throne lol

I have used a RRA and a Colt Canada AR's and they are excellent. The RRA is a personal favourite, shot in the US of A not too long ago
Wake up, gear up, work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat.

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Postby wicked_police » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 am

MichaelJCaboose wrote:Hmmm... Didnt know RRA was open to sellings em :P
Misread that in a magazine on the back of my throne lol

I have used a RRA and a Colt Canada AR's and they are excellent. The RRA is a personal favourite, shot in the US of A not too long ago

Questar in Ontario sells RRA. They are great guns. I would pick Stag before RRA though. But that's just my personal opinion.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Don't get too hung up on what AR brand to buy.... It's a 45+ year old design.
I mean it's kinda like a Chevy Vs. Ford Vs. Dodge argument isn't it?... You're still just buying a car.
My RRA has never given me any problems, but niether did the $500 Norinco AR I had a few years ago... I've seen Colts, the seemingly accepted gold standard of AR's completely fail, break, come apart. so... For what it's worth, buy any of 'em and see what happens :D

Of course with decent ammo approaching $500 per1000 it'll be expensive to try and wear the rifle out by shooting it :mrgreen:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.