New production Lee Enfield 10 rounds magazines.

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
308shooter
Rookie Member

New production Lee Enfield 10 rounds magazines.

Postby 308shooter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:15 am

There are new production Lee Enfield 10 round magazines that fit into m-14s' as well. My understanding (albeit a bit clouded) is that it's legal to use in the m-14s' since it's not specifically designed for it.
In short, I'm thinking about purchasing a couple of these magazines, but I don't want to break any laws. Does anyone know of any Act that would prevent me from doing so, if there is one?

TackleberryG22

Re: New production Lee Enfield 10 rounds magazines.

Postby TackleberryG22 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 am

Are you sure about the interchangable ability of this mag?

The .303 Brit and the .308 Win are two completely different animals.... Because of the the 'rimmed casing' of the .303, it will be wider and the retension claws are not in the best place. The overall shape of the mag well is tappered....

Or is this a mag from the new Australian International Arms, AIA M10 ? (from Marstar) (which is a completely different animal from the .303 Brit)

For the record of others wondering, these 10 round mags listed above, are excempt from any restrictions as they are designed specifically for a 'manual repeating' firearms.

Stay Safe
"Heros In Life, Not Death" Ontario's Police Officer Memorial

"Friendly Fire, Isn't"
"Incoming Fire Has The Right-of-way."
"Do Something, ...It Maybe Wrong, But Do Something" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

308shooter
Rookie Member

Postby 308shooter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:56 am

TackleberryG22 wrote:Are you sure about the interchangable ability of this mag?

Or is this a mag from the new Australian International Arms, AIA M10 ? (from Marstar) (which is a completely different animal from the .303 Brit)

You got it on the dot, I was thinking about the ones from Marstar specifically, I should have mentioned it.
For everyone that hasn't seen it, it's listed here. http://www.marstar.ca/gf-AIA/M10-B-parts.shtm

Thanks for the insight.

TackleberryG22

Postby TackleberryG22 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey I had not seen the accessory page before, but it shows to important things, 1/ you can see the retention 'rail' for holding the staggard rounds inside the mag. - see how it lowers near the front, with a round in the mag, the projectile does not touch or rest against any thing * "real" 303 mag has what I refer to as 'claws', the 4 corners of the and the projectiles 'hook' on the mag claw.

&
2/ the notation stating doesn't fit any other rifle (put the two mags side by side, & it will be obvious) ;)

Interesting look rifle, love to have one, but not at the top of the list..... :mrgreen:

Shoot Straight!
"Heros In Life, Not Death" Ontario's Police Officer Memorial

"Friendly Fire, Isn't"
"Incoming Fire Has The Right-of-way."
"Do Something, ...It Maybe Wrong, But Do Something" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

HDinMB
Rookie Member

Postby HDinMB » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:39 pm

These mags do not fit M14's. Haven't tried it personally, but rumor has it that they do not fit. When the AIA rifles first showed up a number of guys tried doing that same thing, doesn't work.