firearms - Conservation Officer

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer, Dave Brown

User avatar
Homer
Sage Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Oshawa, Ontario

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Homer » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Longarm9 wrote:
I'd really love to have an authentic Webley MkIV, but those things are damn rare in Canada it seems. I've NEVER seen one for sale, and I bet it would be very expensive and hard to find ammo. The Enfield No2 revolvers can be had fairly cheap, however, and I imagine the .38 S&W isn't terribly hard to come by.
A friend of mine has a Webley in .455 and an Enfield in .38 S&W. The .38 is actually louder. The .455 sounds like a bad cough. He has basically tried to get a copy of every handgun and rifle issued to the CF. Luckily for him he got his FN before it became prohib. His jewel, though, is the Browning 9mm that still has it's Lend-Lease sticker on the front strap.
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

User avatar
Longarm9
King Poobah
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Longarm9 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Homer wrote:
Longarm9 wrote:
I'd really love to have an authentic Webley MkIV, but those things are damn rare in Canada it seems. I've NEVER seen one for sale, and I bet it would be very expensive and hard to find ammo. The Enfield No2 revolvers can be had fairly cheap, however, and I imagine the .38 S&W isn't terribly hard to come by.
A friend of mine has a Webley in .455 and an Enfield in .38 S&W. The .38 is actually louder. The .455 sounds like a bad cough. He has basically tried to get a copy of every handgun and rifle issued to the CF. Luckily for him he got his FN before it became prohib. His jewel, though, is the Browning 9mm that still has it's Lend-Lease sticker on the front strap.
Where did buddy get his ammo for the .38. I did some searching and it seems mighty scarce.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

User avatar
FedCO
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby FedCO » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Longarm9 wrote:
Homer wrote:
Longarm9 wrote:
I'd really love to have an authentic Webley MkIV, but those things are damn rare in Canada it seems. I've NEVER seen one for sale, and I bet it would be very expensive and hard to find ammo. The Enfield No2 revolvers can be had fairly cheap, however, and I imagine the .38 S&W isn't terribly hard to come by.
A friend of mine has a Webley in .455 and an Enfield in .38 S&W. The .38 is actually louder. The .455 sounds like a bad cough. He has basically tried to get a copy of every handgun and rifle issued to the CF. Luckily for him he got his FN before it became prohib. His jewel, though, is the Browning 9mm that still has it's Lend-Lease sticker on the front strap.
Where did buddy get his ammo for the .38. I did some searching and it seems mighty scarce.
SFRC has some!

User avatar
Homer
Sage Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Oshawa, Ontario

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Homer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Longarm9 wrote:
Homer wrote:A friend of mine has a Webley in .455 and an Enfield in .38 S&W. The .38 is actually louder. The .455 sounds like a bad cough. He has basically tried to get a copy of every handgun and rifle issued to the CF. Luckily for him he got his FN before it became prohib. His jewel, though, is the Browning 9mm that still has it's Lend-Lease sticker on the front strap.
Where did buddy get his ammo for the .38. I did some searching and it seems mighty scarce.
He hand-loads pretty much everything he shoots except his .22s and .223. Generally more consistent that commercial ammo unless you go for the high-end match grade. And much cheaper.
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

User avatar
Longarm9
King Poobah
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Longarm9 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 pm

FedCO wrote:SFRC has some!
SFRC?

Alas, I have nowhere to do handloading in my tiny townhouse. Someday, someday...
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

User avatar
Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Redacted

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:30 am

Longarm9 wrote:
FedCO wrote:SFRC has some!
SFRC?

Alas, I have nowhere to do handloading in my tiny townhouse. Someday, someday...
www.theammosource.com

User avatar
Longarm9
King Poobah
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Longarm9 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for the link, awesome! Yet another source for all things firearms :D

Unfortunately it looks like they're sold out currently, but at least they carry it sometimes.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

User avatar
FedCO
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby FedCO » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:14 am

Longarm9 wrote:Thanks for the link, awesome! Yet another source for all things firearms :D

Unfortunately it looks like they're sold out currently, but at least they carry it sometimes.
I would call him. He has stuff that he doesn't post online. I talked to Ryan and he had 9mm 147 gr Winchester Super X :). So give him a ring.

User avatar
Longarm9
King Poobah
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: firearms - Conservation Officer

Postby Longarm9 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 pm

FedCO wrote:
Longarm9 wrote:Thanks for the link, awesome! Yet another source for all things firearms :D

Unfortunately it looks like they're sold out currently, but at least they carry it sometimes.
I would call him. He has stuff that he doesn't post online. I talked to Ryan and he had 9mm 147 gr Winchester Super X :). So give him a ring.
Nice! Thanks for the hookup guys :D :pistols:
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest